Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Cold War Steve on the money.

Last month.

Good, but I do feel Cold War Steve loses something when he doesn't include Phil Mitchell with that look on his face of "how did the world turn so badly to shite?" :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This is slightly coming apart today with the Telegraph story as it was a leaving do for Boris’ comms guy whom is now one of the editors of the Sun and was of the Mail. 

The latter part of that was where he published the famous ‘Enemies of the People’ Mail headline with a picture of three high court judges. 

Detestable in the extreme 

Oh come on Cardiff - he’s “apologised unreservedly”.  So, that’s alright then.

Slack by name - slack by nature.  I could find another appropriate name for him.

I am wholeheartedly sick of people thinking apologising unreservedly is acceptable.  

• Like 1

It's really indicative of the kind of attitudes of the people running the editorial at the two biggest newspapers in the country. 

And it boils my piss that so many people - especially the working classes - read their toxic nonsense and allow themselves to be influenced. 

On another point, I'm really worried that De Pfeffel's days are severely numbered. When you've got abhorrent, slimy rent-a-gobs like Bridgen turning their backs on you, it's really telling. 

Come on Johnson. Cling on for the good of the country. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

It's really indicative of the kind of attitudes of the people running the editorial at the two biggest newspapers in the country. 

And it boils my piss that so many people - especially the working classes - read their toxic nonsense and allow themselves to be influenced. 

On another point, I'm really worried that De Pfeffel's days are severely numbered. When you've got abhorrent, slimy rent-a-gobs like Bridgen turning their backs on you, it's really telling. 

Come on Johnson. Cling on for the good of the country. 

I think his unpopularity is useful for the party in some way, they can let the anger build up on him for a bit and then replace him with someone who is superficially better but really just as bad. This has been the tactic of the last few years - let it get as low as it can and then offer people something marginally less shit. This happened with the 'no deal' panic of December 2020. 

The walkers bowl tactic. 

Surely we all know Johnson's position is untenable and cannot now command authority or trust. We don't need a civil servant to tell us. For the good of the country and politics he must go. Otherwise more and more people will disengage and tar the whole of parliament etc with the same brush.

Just now, RoboFox said:

Have things deteriorated so badly that even The Hat isn't clambering to defend them? Haven't heard from him in days.

Tory crisis indeed. 

gone as quiet as a Burnley away end after a Jamie Vardy goal

This makes for an interesting read, although whether anyone will find it interesting enough to subscribe to Cummings' Substack is, of course, another matter:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/14/intoxicating-insidery-and-infuriating-everything-i-learned-about-dominic-cummings-from-his-10-a-month-blog

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

Hunt is reviled for his NHS reforms and to take over from Johnson with the NHS in this state is not a good look

He’s been a star as chair of the Health&Social Care committee though. Been impressed with him no end as he’s held ministers to account. Ultimately, while I may not agree with most of his politics, he’s an adult. This shambles wouldn’t have happened under his watch as he’d have surrounded himself with other adults and grandees.

That said, I really hope they replace Johnson with another clueless cabinet womble.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Daggers said:

He’s been a star as chair of the Health&Social Care committee though. Been impressed with him no end as he’s held ministers to account. Ultimately, while I may not agree with most of his politics, he’s an adult. This shambles wouldn’t have happened under his watch as he’d have surrounded himself with other adults and grandees.

This is what I mean when I say to people the whole thing is a PsyOp. They've conditioned the British public into wanting something like Jeremy Hunt, just because it's better than the utter shambles we have now. 

• Like 2