Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

I'm trying to achieve  balance in the conversation . If foxdiamond is right about public apathy then maybe balance on this thread is needed

The response I get is to suggest I'm immoral.  I just don't subscribe to herd morality tis all 😉

To me a bunch of workers trying to bash out covid response stuff (in a room close to other humans) put their keyboards down and pick up a glass (in a room with humans) BIG WHOOP...oh and then try to cover it up...only natural 

Boris is a **** and a liar but I actually don't think many leaders would have handled the Covid crisis that well. Look across the world and there are left wing leaders and right wing leaders who have handled Covid really poorly. 

48 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Story wouldn’t have hit the heights it has if they admitted wrong, the police investigated and they were slapped with the very fine us ‘plebs’ were given for the same behaviour. Instead they’ve stalled, apparently tried to destroy evidence and the Met have been too under the thumb to investigate. Someone who had an outdoor party on the same day as the Downing Street got hit with a £12,000 fine. 

It’s the fact they’re above the law that angers people. You can call it a ‘hate-orgy’ and pretend you’re not vigorously defending him, but it doesn’t make you look any smarter or make it any less obvious what you’re trying to achieve.

The absolute crux of it. If they are treated the same way as others who did the same and get fined they'll probably move on.

But the prats in power are desperate to keep whatever reputation they think they have and fob everyone off with bullshit. The filthy public should due their duty but we won't. 

18 minutes ago, Adrian said:

I'm trying to achieve  balance in the conversation . If foxdiamond is right about public apathy then maybe balance on this thread is needed

The response I get is to suggest I'm immoral.  I just don't subscribe to herd morality tis all 😉

To me a bunch of workers trying to bash out covid response stuff (in a room close to other humans) put their keyboards down and pick up a glass (in a room with humans) BIG WHOOP...oh and then try to cover it up...only natural 

Not questioning your own morals. The simple fact Is a loss of trust during a crisis. I worked in a company where we supplied wine to customers. We could have easily broken the rules because the stuff was on site. Did not enter our minds to do this because it was wrong. 

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

See Keir's been rumbled for having a few drinks as well, he's done well to dodge that

And he should be investigated and fined too if he's broken lockdown rules.

If the Lib Dems have avoided any of this they'll be rubbing their hands.

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Standing by your principles perhaps?

We are out already?

Her principles now must be ensuring that our environmental standards remain higher than the EU's and that barriers to trade are kept to the minimum.

Sticking to her principles that we should be in the EU right now mean that she and 65% of all MPs need to resign.

33 minutes ago, Koke said:

Boris is a **** and a liar but I actually don't think many leaders would have handled the Covid crisis that well. Look across the world and there are left wing leaders and right wing leaders who have handled Covid really poorly. 

The sixth highest number of deaths, billions in debt, and a fvcked economy.

Yep, handled really well.

• Like 4

I've voted Conservative in the past, I've also voted for Labour in the past.  I'm far from a one party person.  My view is that there are very few politicians who manoeuvre their careers to reach the very top that haven't done something at some point that could be deemed sneaky, undermining, back stabbing, bullying or similar.  I also believe they are human and are prone to mistakes and errors of judgement - nobody is perfect.

Boris is no exception.  Whether you agree with his policies or not, he has become Prime Minister at a time of unprecedented challenge in recent history with Brexit and Covid.  It's a tough job for sure and not something that I would want to do.

With all that said, I agree with other posters about people in public office, particularly in high positions, should be held to a higher standard.  You cannot set the rules and then not live by them absolutely.  It is evident that he has bred a culture at Downing St that is far below what I would expect.  He is ultimately responsible and should go.

What I don't like, is the other politicians and the media, all fighting over each other to stick the knife in.  They are like flies around poo and the world would be a better place if 99% of them held themselves to a higher standard, instead of telling the world how somebody else should act.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

And he should be investigated and fined too if he's broken lockdown rules.

If the Lib Dems have avoided any of this they'll be rubbing their hands.

I don't think it'll be much of an L for Starmer, even if it did get a bit more coverage there seems to be a new number 10 party everyday

21 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Why? It's not like he doesn't help them sell.

Maybe because the Journo's prize is the scoop that causes the resignation? There will be a new replacement with new skeletons in the closet as even this thread has shown already. Same 5h1t, different PM is all it will be, with a chance of a new scoop. But whoever gets there first, gets their column for a while and maybe a book deal.

Edited by blabyboy

6 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

Maybe because the Journo's prize is the scoop that causes the resignation? There will be a new replacement with new skeletons in the closet as even this thread has shown already. Same 5h1t, different PM is all it will be, with a chance of a new scoop. But whoever gets there first, gets their column for a while and maybe a book deal.

Fair, but I'm not sure how it explains why they would choose to go after him now and not last month or next month, in that case.

And this is a government who want to enforce injections on an already crippled NHS and terminate contracts if those who refuse? As a registered and practicing nurse let me tell you we are a thin line off an unprecedented staffing crisis. We are operating generally 2 nurses down per shift, which when a lot of ward operate on 2-3 per shift is a lot of nursing hours short. Same with support workers. Now throw in a vaccine mandate to all these workers who have worked through the pandemic and lost colleagues … it will sink us. I already know staff who are prepared to walk I also know staff that have worked 25 years as a nurse ans they are currently having a breakdown for fear of loosing their job. Yes I’d love it for everyone to have the vaccine but not at the cost of Liberty and potentially the NHS. 

Edited by casablancas

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Fair, but I'm not sure how it explains why they would choose to go after him now and not last month or next month, in that case.

The narrative has changed and the mood with the public has soured (see the poll numbers). The MSM always want to be seen to be on the right (winning) side - it fools themselves and their readers into a perceived position of relevancy and knowing. They also have the sources and _evidence_ now for these stories, so no reason not to run them. Power is draining away for the Johnson government and therefore the pressure to withhold also recedes. The pressure for now is as I've previously said - to be the first to scoop.

Edited by blabyboy
  • Like 1