Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

24 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I don't think it'll be much of an L for Starmer, even if it did get a bit more coverage there seems to be a new number 10 party everyday

And also because its a non story, same as when it was first published by the Sun months ago and Guido more recently.

Was totally debunked at the time and just shows how scared the likes of Dacre and their Tory client journalists are. 

They're relying on their readers not being able to read beyond the outraged headline, which to a degree may be true with a lot of Mail and Sun readers, but I really think they're not reading the room on this one. 

However if this is all they've got, however desperate, then fair play. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Yup. Shocking.

Not that it excuses it but turned out to be an admin error and has been corrected. Hurtful ineptude rather than malicousness on this occasion. 

Yeah I've just read in to it further, but still the ease they can ask people to leave after they've served and the application costs to stay is really poor.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah I've just read in to it further, but still the ease they can ask people to leave after they've served and the application costs to stay is really poor.

People that need genuinely need deporting will appeal and tie the system up in the courts for many years. You get the impression they will get tough on those that don't deserve it rather than deal with actual issue of illegal immigration.

People that serve in the British army should be granted citizenship after 6 years regardless of where they are from.

Do the home office get anything right?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, casablancas said:

And this is a government who want to enforce injections on an already crippled NHS and terminate contracts if those who refuse? As a registered and practicing nurse let me tell you we are a thin line off an unprecedented staffing crisis. We are operating generally 2 nurses down per shift, which when a lot of ward operate on 2-3 per shift is a lot of nursing hours short. Same with support workers. Now throw in a vaccine mandate to all these workers who have worked through the pandemic and lost colleagues … it will sink us. I already know staff who are prepared to walk I also know staff that have worked 25 years as a nurse ans they are currently having a breakdown for fear of loosing their job. Yes I’d love it for everyone to have the vaccine but not at the cost of Liberty and potentially the NHS. 

I'm going to ask the difficult question, but i do strongly sympathise with your position and your friends.

We have many scientists, experts in their fields of study, we have the World Health Organisation and we have the politicians all telling us that we should be getting vaccinated. Do you not see the irony of people getting vaccinated by someone who is unvaccinated and possibly spreading the virus before the vaccine has had a chance to be effective? Do you not see that it undermines the clear message - that is hard enough to convey already - to get through to the layperson in the street?

I am sincerely hoping we can quickly move to a general view where the Covid vaccine is seen at parity with the Flu jab, but at present with the attention given to Covid and the scientific recommendations and then the politicians following through, i think the mandate is going to remain.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sorry, nope. Not having this. It gives him too much of the benefit of the doubt and lets him off the hook for practically everything he got wrong. It's a pattern of behaviour replicated in the Western world that hasn't even begun to be addressed by the media. This isn't even about hindsight.

Does anyone remember about 10 years ago someone wrote to Leicester City Council to ask about their policy in case of a zombie attack? They wrote back saying they didn't have one, so people staged a zombie attack in the city centre. All a bit of fun of course, but it turned out some councils actually did have a policy just in case.

The point is, governments are supposed to be prepared for anything, and they mostly are. My dad used to be a mid-level manager for a major national UK infrastructure company. Ever since COVID started he's been telling me about the Risk Register he had to update every year - quite literally a list of risks to the business that would prevent it from being able to operate and would leave the public vulnerable without that infrastructure.

Trump blamed Obama for him not being prepared 3 years into his term but in reality, Obama and Biden had quite literally left behind a detailed playbook on how to respond to such an emergency - “Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents.” They even prepared the Trump administration for it during the transition phase in 2016/17. But he ignored it, blamed everything on everyone else, and now 850,000 Americans are dead.

Blair brought in the Civil Contingencies Act in 2004. Obviously it was updated for every year, as there's one specifically for terror attacks:

Slide1.JPG

Here's the 'Other risks' chart:

Slide2.JPG

It's literally the first ****ing thing.

The reason Asian and Eastern countries did so much better is because they have experience with health emergencies, had policies in place and took it very, very seriously. 

But De Pfeffel sat on his arse. China went into lockdowns, then we had about a month of that couple on the cruise ship. Then Italy went into lockdown. 

"Oh I went to a hospital where they've got COVID patients and I shook everyone's hand etc".

He didn't take it seriously. He wasn't prepared. He partied the whole time. 

This isn't a go at you @Koke btw - just general frustration at this government.

The gaslighting has already started too - Rees-Mogg and other senior cvnts trying to excuse the parties and pay more attention to the positives of 'how well he handled the pandemic'.

150,000 people are ****ing dead.

Brilliant post. Thank you

4 hours ago, ealingfox said:

What do the Conservatives actually stand for?

This current lot. Nothing. It’s all just a spiral of disaster to be honest. 

You could argue that this is the worst government we’ve had for 50+ years, if not ever. However a capable opposition could have pulled them apart far sooner given the circumstances. The pandemic has obviously been a hinderance, however we live in an age of social media and propaganda spin.  

We’ll see I suppose. It feels the days are numbered for Boris, which is a big step forwards given the amount of unethical stuff that has occurred on his watch.  

Labour will have the ear to the ground and would have known what was occurring at Westminster, in power or not. It was hardly a small event. 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sorry, nope. Not having this. It gives him too much of the benefit of the doubt and lets him off the hook for practically everything he got wrong. It's a pattern of behaviour replicated in the Western world that hasn't even begun to be addressed by the media. This isn't even about hindsight.

Does anyone remember about 10 years ago someone wrote to Leicester City Council to ask about their policy in case of a zombie attack? They wrote back saying they didn't have one, so people staged a zombie attack in the city centre. All a bit of fun of course, but it turned out some councils actually did have a policy just in case.

The point is, governments are supposed to be prepared for anything, and they mostly are. My dad used to be a mid-level manager for a major national UK infrastructure company. Ever since COVID started he's been telling me about the Risk Register he had to update every year - quite literally a list of risks to the business that would prevent it from being able to operate and would leave the public vulnerable without that infrastructure.

Trump blamed Obama for him not being prepared 3 years into his term but in reality, Obama and Biden had quite literally left behind a detailed playbook on how to respond to such an emergency - “Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents.” They even prepared the Trump administration for it during the transition phase in 2016/17. But he ignored it, blamed everything on everyone else, and now 850,000 Americans are dead.

Blair brought in the Civil Contingencies Act in 2004. Obviously it was updated for every year, as there's one specifically for terror attacks:

Slide1.JPG

Here's the 'Other risks' chart:

Slide2.JPG

It's literally the first ****ing thing.

The reason Asian and Eastern countries did so much better is because they have experience with health emergencies, had policies in place and took it very, very seriously. 

But De Pfeffel sat on his arse. China went into lockdowns, then we had about a month of that couple on the cruise ship. Then Italy went into lockdown. 

"Oh I went to a hospital where they've got COVID patients and I shook everyone's hand etc".

He didn't take it seriously. He wasn't prepared. He partied the whole time. 

This isn't a go at you @Koke btw - just general frustration at this government.

The gaslighting has already started too - Rees-Mogg and other senior cvnts trying to excuse the parties and pay more attention to the positives of 'how well he handled the pandemic'.

150,000 people are ****ing dead.

In the first couple of months of the pandemic the cretin just told the population to wash their hands and sing happy birthday!!!!😢🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

4 hours ago, Sly said:

You could argue that this is the worst government we’ve had for 50+ years, if not ever. However a capable opposition could have pulled them apart far sooner given the circumstances. The pandemic has obviously been a hinderance, however we live in an age of social media and propaganda spin.  

We’ll see I suppose. It feels the days are numbered for Boris, which is a big step forwards given the amount of unethical stuff that has occurred on his watch.  

Labour will have the ear to the ground and would have known what was occurring at Westminster, in power or not. It was hardly a small event. 

Well yes. Most of the civil service are lefties and remainers. I’d guess they’re the enermy within. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Personally think Starmer has been pretty good at holding Boris and his Government to account, often though it's like trying to insult someone who is to stupid to understand the insult. Additionally why do too much when you can watch it implode anyway.

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

In the first couple of months of the pandemic the cretin just told the population to wash their hands and sing happy birthday!!!!😢🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

At that time I believe washing our hands was the single most effective thing we knew we could do, and the point of the song was to encourage people to wash them for the required length of time for it to be effective. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sly said:

That’s a pretty ballsy statement, there has been some serious competition. The events surrounding this Government are not all under their control, making the shameful dogs dinner of large portions of it, was wholly on them I agree.