Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Did see that absolute lump of smeg Peter Bone!!...

What a fvcking waste of space that twat is!!!🤬

You've almost quoted the sign there from the Bridgen segment.  

Had me in lol  Off camera he had a set to with someone as well while Bridgen was giving it both barrels.  TK Maxx in the background presumably he was in the city centre?

Sign read "what a crock of ****".  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Obviously I'm very critical of the Tories but furlough is one of the things they got right, and it’s extremely hard to get that level of money out to as many business and individuals (if this includes self-employed grants) as they had to quickly enough, putting in robust anti-fraud checks would have likely taken additional time and people either would have gone without furlough pay or companies would have just laid off employees. £4 billion is an eye watering amount in isolation but in context of shutting down the near-entirety of the economy and coming out in a somewhat decent position (any Brexit or other policy effects excluded) then I think it’s an understandable loss.

I can forgive £4 billion of lost financial aid that was lost under good pretences much more than £billions given to mates for dodgy contracts and a doomed-from-the-start Track & Trace project. They’re a bunch of corrupt fvckers but you have to be fair in your criticism and this isn’t one of those circumstances in my opinion.

Agree with this. There will always be a cost in fraud and administrative errors with a scheme like this and so there will come a point where you are estimating the level of fraud and what you reasonably expect to recover. 

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

This country has shifted very right in my lifetime. Hard to believe that university tution was funded by tax payers once upon a time. Anybody born before 1990 has £0 in student loan debt. Culturally we're better off now than pre-1990 (less racism, less homophobia etc) but economically we should be far more prosperous than we currently are. 

Agreed. Just to mention a lot fewer went to uni or higher education back in the day.

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

Agreed. Just to mention a lot fewer went to uni or higher education back in the day.

True, my sister went, debt free, I went, debt. It is what it is.

Increase in numbers surely plays a part, and it will be interesting what happens in Scotland with tuition fees when they break free.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nadine Dorries 'amazed to learn' people watc YouTube. How the fck is she Culture Secretary? 

I can't remember who it was exactly, but a few years back the Minister in charge of sport openly stated that they don't like sport... 

54 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nadine Dorries 'amazed to learn' people watc YouTube. How the fck is she Culture Secretary? 

50 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I can't remember who it was exactly, but a few years back the Minister in charge of sport openly stated that they don't like sport... 

Brexit Minister Dominic Raab didn't realise the extent of imports coming through Dover.

They live in an entirely different world to the rest of us.

• Like 4