Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

3 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Agreed. Just to mention a lot fewer went to uni or higher education back in the day.

Bizarrely it was also worth something in those days.

We have been discussing at work the pointlessness of HE going forward and I can see that we will be employing school leavers and not graduates in the future.

I blame Blair for devaluing the HE system although I did benefit from being educated during those years.

5 minutes ago, kenny said:

Bizarrely it was also worth something in those days.

We have been discussing at work the pointlessness of HE going forward and I can see that we will be employing school leavers and not graduates in the future.

I blame Blair for devaluing the HE system although I did benefit from being educated during those years.

I do wonder if the the fact there are not the jobs makes government to encourage more into HE. We already have students in school till 18 when back in day a lot would have earning a living at 16. Uni etc was not best for everybody

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

I do wonder if the the fact there are not the jobs makes government to encourage more into HE. We already have students in school till 18 when back in day a lot would have earning a living at 16. Uni etc was not best for everybody

I just think its politically the right thing to encourage everyone into university.

Could you imagine the breakdown on here if the conservatives said they wanted to reduce the numbers going to university?

During a recession reducing the number of young unemployed is attractive but right now there is plenty of appetite and work for them.

More government funded HE apprenticeships is the way to go.

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

I just think its politically the right thing to encourage everyone into university.

Could you imagine the breakdown on here if the conservatives said they wanted to reduce the numbers going to university?

During a recession reducing the number of young unemployed is attractive but right now there is plenty of appetite and work for them.

More government funded HE apprenticeships is the way to go.

Fair enough. Just hope real job at the end of it

14 minutes ago, Buce said:

He looks and sounds like he knows it's all over:

Hang on hasn't he contradicted himself? He's stated he didn't know it was going to happen until he walked in on it. But he then say he wasn't told it would break the rules. So he was told, but he was told it was within the rules or he didn't know it was happening until he walked into it. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

How can he claim not to know this event was against the rules when he delivered, daily, with his two sidekicks, exactly what people could and could not do?

lol

Unbelievable.  

Yes, you would hope the PM would know what's what without needing advice. Boris Bluster

The question Beth Rigby asks him about if he'll resign if he's proven the have broken the rules and lied to parliament about it, and he responds with his new catchphrase "We'll have to wait for the result of Sue Grays inquiry."

That's the point of the inquiry you clown. She asking if that's the outcome, will you do the right thing and resign. Says to me, no matter what the result is he'll be worming his way of resigning.

24 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The question Beth Rigby asks him about if he'll resign if he's proven the have broken the rules and lied to parliament about it, and he responds with his new catchphrase "We'll have to wait for the result of Sue Grays inquiry."

That's the point of the inquiry you clown. She asking if that's the outcome, will you do the right thing and resign. Says to me, no matter what the result is he'll be worming his way of resigning.

What that translates to is... "let's see how much I get caught for and how it's worded and ill have a think about how I'll lie my way out of it"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

What that translates to is... "let's see how much I get caught for and how it's worded and ill have a think about how I'll lie my way out of it"

Exactly. No matter what she says he'll just work out a way to not have to quit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

If you were playing golf with Johnson would you trust him to complete his scorecard? 

I wouldn't trust him not to move his ball whilst I wasn't looking. Probably kick it into the hole.

• Haha 2

The man's a complete and total proverbial. Absolute disgrace, and comes back to the same point I've been making for years, there is no accountability in politics, they are career opportunists who don't give a monkeys about the general public. He should be ashamed of himself but I doubt such a vacuous worm would even begin to comprehend what accountability is. Scum. 

• Like 2