Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

15 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I bet most of the people accusing him (mainly the politicians and journalists and probably the majority of the public ) have broke the rules at some point.

Well I guess that makes it all perfectly well then!…

I bet most people aren’t prime minister and meant to be responsible for making the rules in the first place though…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Well I guess that makes it all perfectly well then!…

I bet most people aren’t prime minister and meant to be responsible for making the rules in the first place though…

I'm Prime Minister and so is my wife.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

The question Beth Rigby asks him about if he'll resign if he's proven the have broken the rules and lied to parliament about it, and he responds with his new catchphrase "We'll have to wait for the result of Sue Grays inquiry."

That's the point of the inquiry you clown. She asking if that's the outcome, will you do the right thing and resign. Says to me, no matter what the result is he'll be worming his way of resigning.

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

What that translates to is... "let's see how much I get caught for and how it's worded and ill have a think about how I'll lie my way out of it"

It was a good question to him.  He's the one person that knows exactly how much he knows.  The fact that he didn't respond with "I absolutely, in no way, mislead Parliament and I welcome the inquiry so that we can get to the truth of the matter" means he knows he's done.

6 minutes ago, nnfox said:

It was a good question to him.  He's the one person that knows exactly how much he knows.  The fact that he didn't respond with "I absolutely, in no way, mislead Parliament and I welcome the inquiry so that we can get to the truth of the matter" means he knows he's done.

Hasn't he been shown to "economical with the truth" before and was dismissed from his position at the time.

How can he not have known about the restrictions and gone ahead with the party. He's the leader of the country. There's no way I can accept he was ignorant of the rules.

IMO he used it as a "networking" event in order to promote himself. That said, what about the others that wee there? They aren't being brought into question. If they're involved in Gov circles, surely they must have known the rules too?

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

Ghana's foreign ministry mentions 'Operation Dead Meat' in statement

This is quite an unfortunate typo. 

The Ghanian foreign ministry has referred to the reported plans to save Boris Johnson as "Operation Dead Meat", rather than "Operation Red Meat" (referring to "red meat" policies being thrown to voters). 

Ghana had been denying reports of plans drawn up by the UK to send migrants to countries such as Ghana for resettlement. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Ghana's foreign ministry mentions 'Operation Dead Meat' in statement

This is quite an unfortunate typo. 

The Ghanian foreign ministry has referred to the reported plans to save Boris Johnson as "Operation Dead Meat", rather than "Operation Red Meat" (referring to "red meat" policies being thrown to voters). 

Ghana had been denying reports of plans drawn up by the UK to send migrants to countries such as Ghana for resettlement. 

I'm not sure if the public have cottoned on to just how appalling this is. As a distraction the home office have leaked to the press that they're going to bribe African countries to allow us to create a processing centre for asylum seekers, which would firstly never happen and b is a clear diversionary, like the BBC issue too. Tomorrow woke-ism and cancel culture will probably appear in the news again.

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Lots of rumours over the past couple of hours or so that the required 54 letters have gone into the 1922 committee and Boris will now have to face a no confidence vote from his party.

Shame. He’s awful, but there are plenty worse psychos in the party. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danny. said:

Shame. He’s awful, but there are plenty worse psychos in the party. 

No doubt, but Boris has reached the point where his credibility is so low he is damaging.  The only question is when they pull the trigger.  Labour are going to find that shooting at Boris only helps you until Boris goes.  My money is on Hunt, as I think Sunak is too soon and too close to Boris.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Ooo whataboutery. 

Huge difference between bending the rules in extreme circumstances by small margins (and I haven't even done that) and having parties every Friday, taking the piss and then lying about it (and dozens upon dozens of other things) in the commons which is an automatic sackable offence (except for Boris, it seems)

I know you are trolling and fishing, but anyway, If you still support this Government you are a clown, end of story really 👍

I was fishing yes :D just for clarification I don't support any Government, they are all the same.

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I was fishing yes :D just for clarification I don't support any Government, they are all the same.

You would really struggle to find another that's been this bad, and there has been some pretty shitty ones. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Johnson reportedly on the brink of a no confidence vote as MPs plot challenge

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/K8aQ68

Sent via @updayUK

Lots of stories about suggesting that the no-confidence motion will be triggered by 5pm today. Big news indeed, though obviously will be overshadowed an hour-and-a-half later by the twitter announcement of our line-up tonight...

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is boris the worst PM we've had? Yes he did sort the Brexit process, though some could argue that's still very messy. Everything else he seemed to bottle. The guy just been surrounded by scandal from day one.

Did he sort Brexit though? He said he had an "oven ready deal" which he then disagreed with despite supposedly writing himself. He promised various things as part of that deal, including on NI and didn't deliver. Sure we're out, but not in the way he implied we would be. 

I can't stand the guy, but I'll concede Covid will have hampered any government delivering on all election promises, but he's still gone back on numerous ones. It's one thing not to get something done during your time in power, that's forgivable especially during a time of crisis, but to openly u turn on various promises, like the HS2 in the North or the no rises in Tax and NI, or the building of a certain number of houses or hospitals, that's unforgivable. He's not just not done them, he's admitted he won't ever.

• Like 2