Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He's a gonner. Davis still holds a good amount of influence with backbenchers.  I'll be surprised if the announcement of the 54 letters, no confidence is not announced by this evening. 

Then again, it is Boris and this ****er always seems to survive. 

He has no conscience and no shame, because he's never faced any consequences from his actions ever. Yes he's been sacked a few times, but when you're born into wealth being sacked is just a minor inconvenience.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I think I speak for almost everyone when I say that when I go to the polling station I am voting for which political party I want to be in government first, and the local MP that is representing me second. 

https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/elections-and-voting/general/

You’re welcome. ;)

65992BE2-D363-4B70-B6FB-978405893ABA.jpeg

Just now, Daggers said:

lol come one Dave, you're well aware he knows that.

You also know exactly what he means.

I do agree that it shows a lot of character to defect, though. An MP's been elected to look after the interests of his constituents and they've trusted him to make decisions and vote on their behalf. He's done that. If they don't like the decisions he's made, they can vote for someone else next time around.

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Technically you are correct, however, I'm sure you know as well as I do that it isn't the motivation of most voters. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that don't even know the name of their local MP. 

I do - it's Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Is it just me that gets slightly uncomfortable about party defections with no need for a by-election? This Bury South guy has just crossed from Conservative to Labour, but that's now who the constituents voted for? They voted for a Conservative. No matter how grotesque this government is at the minute, Bury South should have the representation they voted for, and if the MP no longer wants to be part of that party it's entirely his choice, but the mandate given by the voters is no longer being followed and as such they should get a by-election to pick.

All well and good celebrating him going CON-LAB but if he went from CON-Britain First I doubt people would be quite so celebratory.

I think it's really vile and just shows how arrogant and self righteous these ***** really are, he probably genuinely thinks people voted for him, rather than the leader/party. How can you stand for a manifesto then completely change your political compass half way through and not let your people vote on it, it's shows how little principles these people stand for, it also emphasises how broken this system is.

Say what you want about UKIP, but during their boom both Carswell and Reckless both called by elections and stood on their UKIP manifestos.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

"Can I have confirmation from the prime minister, is he getting rid of the Covid rules simply because he doesn’t understand them?"

Stephen Flynn SNP lol

The video is even better, with the little wave at the end

54 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I think it's really vile and just shows how arrogant and self righteous these ***** really are, he probably genuinely thinks people voted for him, rather than the leader/party. How can you stand for a manifesto then completely change your political compass half way through and not let your people vote on it, it's shows how little principles these people stand for, it also emphasises how broken this system is.

Say what you want about UKIP, but during their boom both Carswell and Reckless both called by elections and stood on their UKIP manifestos.

Indeed, and there should be a general election if/when they drag Johnson around back.

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

On a side note, all the jeering, snide comments and other playground antics you hear during PMQs is incredibly off-putting. Why must they behave like such children?

I'm with you Ben, the scenes when ya man crossed over this morning was a kin to standing in a Q waiting to be picked for a team at school & the only emotion it got from me was, jeez these are all grown adults in charge of my country, the whole set up is embarrassing.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

lol come one Dave, you're well aware he knows that.

You also know exactly what he means.

I do agree that it shows a lot of character to defect, though. An MP's been elected to look after the interests of his constituents and they've trusted him to make decisions and vote on their behalf. He's done that. If they don't like the decisions he's made, they can vote for someone else next time around.

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Technically you are correct, however, I'm sure you know as well as I do that it isn't the motivation of most voters. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that don't even know the name of their local MP. 

Yep, I knows it. Their intention is to vote for a party, it’s just that they aren’t. Pedantic? Absolutely - but then I had a skinful last night and decided it’d be a brilliant idea to stay up all night playing Destiny. Not one of my best ideas tbh. :D

38 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

This is how far Johnson's dragged our national dignity into the gutter. Proper Banana Republic stuff.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-01-20/tory-mp-accuses-no10-of-threatening-to-withdraw-funding-over-opposition-to-pm

Actually this is a good thing. De Pfeffel might be about to take down the entire ****ing party. :fc:

• Like 1

As an aside, William Wragg has a really soothing voice. The kind that makes you realise your plane isn't going to crash when the pilot introduces himself over the intercom.

Reckon if I'd heard him commentating on last night's shitshow I'd have gone to bed feeling really calm.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I tend to agree. A lot of people in Labour are also unhappy. Young Labour for example.

image.png.08eebeb9c8567e559ba36bf906e70f07.png

I don't know how I'd feel if I was the Labour PPC for Bury South. 

There's little evidence to suggest he's doing this for any other reason than personal gain. 

• Like 2