Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I don't know what annoys me more: the contempt the Prime Minister has for the rest of us or those that try and excuse or dismiss the sheer hypocrisy of this man and much if his government.

One Tory MP on Newsnight, has just tried to claim that the rest of the country hasn't got a problem with it, instead we are all pre occupied with the situation with Ukraine. He said not one of his constituents have asked him about No10 parties, not one.

And then there are the local Tory party chairman the media talk to. They excuse Johnson, deny it, divert questions and even laugh it off.

That twerp Peter Bone then had the sheer audacity to accuse the Labour MP that he did not believe him that his local constituates were concerned with Johnson lying.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Ok - the 19th June 2020 was the day we went from level 4 to level 3

now everyone knows that there were 4 asterisks at the foot of the list of changes which were referenced at the foot of appendix C3.12 

this said that it was now allowed for 30 people to attend a birthday party at no 11 downing st 

Hence nothing to see here for ms gray 

Screenshot_20220124_221640_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_1473939281183427.jpg

7 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The report is finally out, albeit heavily redacted 

D70A4326-393A-4725-8EEC-953ED2D92755.jpeg.a026231a5a3e679758f31e548a57c0b0.jpeg

This will probably be the nub of it 

that technically it isn’t clear if any of the gatherings were illegal on the basis that they took place in ‘the workplace’. 

we know what happened - she isn’t going to tell us much we don’t know if anything 

it’s an enquiry into confirming what the press and govt have already stated  - all ‘facts’. 

I would think it’s going to be the biggest anti climax since we played spurs last may ….

I was just thinking about this and, even in 2021, the team I was with in a hospital didn't have any gatherings in the office or even an after work social. Best we had was about 8 of us on an outdoor terrace for lunch with 4 to a table.

So this absolute bunch of 4 letter words were having an INDOOR birthday party, non masked only THREE MONTHS into the pandemic. 

I don't see much point in writing to my MP but I will. He's one of the younger ones and may take on board that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

Isn't everything they investigate in the past? Should they only investigate stuff that hasn't happened yet? 

Didn't you know Minority Report was a documentary not a film?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

Isn't everything they investigate in the past? Should they only investigate stuff that hasn't happened yet? 

An excellent observation!  If only our Justice Secretary realised that...

Peston saying the Gray inquiry will delay its findings until after the MET investigation. Pissed off about that, just gives Johnson more time. If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd be inclined to believe this is a huge orchestrated delay tactic. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Peston saying the Gray inquiry will delay its findings until after the MET investigation. Pissed off about that, just gives Johnson more time. If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd be inclined to believe this is a huge orchestrated delay tactic. 

I thought the Met were waiting for the Sue Gray report to begin with… so forgive me for being dumb, but which round should this work round then? Seems like big stalling tactics to me.