Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

I thought the Met were waiting for the Sue Gray report to begin with… so forgive me for being dumb, but which round should this work round then? Seems like big stalling tactics to me. 

Sadly no such luck

https://news.sky.com/story/met-launches-investigation-into-a-number-of-downing-street-events-12524866

If Sue is as conscientious as claimed, can't help but think she's compiled the report, concluded they were taking the mick and submitted it to the police.

*edit* Confirmed, report delayed.  PMQs will be fun again tomorrow at least.

Edited by Zear0

20 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

If Sue is as conscientious as claimed, can't help but think she's compiled the report, concluded they were taking the mick and submitted it to the police.

*edit* Confirmed, report delayed.  PMQs will be fun again tomorrow at least.

I think you're probably right.  The report's been written and if published there will be more questions as to whether there would be a police investigation, presuming the grounds are there (which I suspect will be the case).

If the report is published prior to a police investigation then there runs the risk of jeopardising any future legal proceedings.

My wish is that Boris is formally interviewed by the police asap and officially placed under investigation.  Once he is, he surely can't continue.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

The cabinet/Johnson have called in another favour from the Met.

The Met said they were waiting for the Sue Gray report before deciding on taking any action.

Delaying tactics.  Nothing more.

Yes  No doubt attempt to delay report being published. Kicking it down the road. Already evidence that public losing interest. This would be unfortunate as Johnson should resign and not be off the hook 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corky said:

The bloke had been in intensive care in hospital two months earlier too. A situation like that would make most people very cautious about virtually everything for a good while. Incredible.

Do you honestly believe he was that ill?..I don't for one second!

It was all for the publicity and getting public sympathy!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

I think you're probably right.  The report's been written and if published there will be more questions as to whether there would be a police investigation, presuming the grounds are there (which I suspect will be the case).

If the report is published prior to a police investigation then there runs the risk of jeopardising any future legal proceedings.

My wish is that Boris is formally interviewed by the police asap and officially placed under investigation.  Once he is, he surely can't continue.

FB_IMG_1643114042802.jpg

30 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Do you honestly believe he was that ill?..I don't for one second!

It was all for the publicity and getting public sympathy!!

Can you imagine if it were shown he wasn't ill..? But no, I do genuinely believe he was ill at that time. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he were admitted to hospital far far earlier than the average person would have been at that time. 

And people are still following the 'rules' to the letter ffs.

I don't buy into conspiracy theories or anything but I can't understand why the Government weren't half as worried about this virus as they told us to be, I am unsure what they were gaining out of doing so.

After about July last year it was clear this was nowhere near as serious as the Government were telling us. The rules from the start have made absolutely zero sense, people with high IQs have just been blindly following them though without even questioning the logic behind them, it's made no sense.

People who hates the Tories also shouldn't get angry about all this, the party is genuinely turning voters (like myself) against them, I won't vote for them again for years to come, I'd rather take a turd on the desk in the voting centre than stick an X in the box next to Conservatives, and I know plenty who feel the same.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 2

There were no parties

There were gatherings that I’m assured abided by all of the rules

There were gatherings but I was not there

I was there but it wasn’t a party

I was there but didn’t realise it was a party

I was there and it was a party but it was only for 10 mins

I was there and it was a party, it was only for 10 mins, and we’d been working like really hard

I was there and it was a party, it was only for 10 mins, we’d been working like really hard, I’d almost died dontchaknow

It was only birthday cake FFS

INCOMING: It was a fixed penalty notice from the Met, but it’s no worse than being caught speeding and everyone does that

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

There were no parties

There were gatherings that I’m assured abided by all of the rules

There were gatherings but I was not there

I was there but it wasn’t a party

I was there but didn’t realise it was a party

I was there and it was a party but it was only for 10 mins

I was there and it was a party, it was only for 10 mins, and we’d been working like really hard

I was there and it was a party, it was only for 10 mins, we’d been working like really hard, I’d almost died dontchaknow

It was only birthday cake FFS

INCOMING: It was a fixed penalty notice from the Met, but it’s no worse than being caught speeding and everyone does that

The ghost (he's not dead) of Chris Huhne lingers over all this.

52 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

And people are still following the 'rules' to the letter ffs.

I don't buy into conspiracy theories or anything but I can't understand why the Government weren't half as worried about this virus as they told us to be, I am unsure what they were gaining out of doing so.

After about July last year it was clear this was nowhere near as serious as the Government were telling us. The rules from the start have made absolutely zero sense, people with high IQs have just been blindly following them though without even questioning the logic behind them, it's made no sense.

People who hates the Tories also shouldn't get angry about all this, the party is genuinely turning voters (like myself) against them, I won't vote for them again for years to come, I'd rather take a turd on the desk in the voting centre than stick an X in the box next to Conservatives, and I know plenty who feel the same.

Wait, what? 150,000 people are dead from this virus, of course it's extremely serious. Even after 

If the rules had been stronger and implemented earlier like they should have been we wouldn't have anywhere near that number of deaths OR cases.

Johnson and his government have been an absolutely reprehensible shit show from day one of COVID, as I pointed out the other day:

On 15/01/2022 at 13:31, urban.spaceman said:

Sorry, nope. Not having this. It gives him too much of the benefit of the doubt and lets him off the hook for practically everything he got wrong. It's a pattern of behaviour replicated in the Western world that hasn't even begun to be addressed by the media. This isn't even about hindsight.

Does anyone remember about 10 years ago someone wrote to Leicester City Council to ask about their policy in case of a zombie attack? They wrote back saying they didn't have one, so people staged a zombie attack in the city centre. All a bit of fun of course, but it turned out some councils actually did have a policy just in case.

The point is, governments are supposed to be prepared for anything, and they mostly are. My dad used to be a mid-level manager for a major national UK infrastructure company. Ever since COVID started he's been telling me about the Risk Register he had to update every year - quite literally a list of risks to the business that would prevent it from being able to operate and would leave the public vulnerable without that infrastructure.

Trump blamed Obama for him not being prepared 3 years into his term but in reality, Obama and Biden had quite literally left behind a detailed playbook on how to respond to such an emergency - “Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents.” They even prepared the Trump administration for it during the transition phase in 2016/17. But he ignored it, blamed everything on everyone else, and now 850,000 Americans are dead.

Blair brought in the Civil Contingencies Act in 2004. Obviously it was updated for every year, as there's one specifically for terror attacks:

Slide1.JPG

Here's the 'Other risks' chart:

Slide2.JPG

It's literally the first ****ing thing.

The reason Asian and Eastern countries did so much better is because they have experience with health emergencies, had policies in place and took it very, very seriously. 

But De Pfeffel sat on his arse. China went into lockdowns, then we had about a month of that couple on the cruise ship. Then Italy went into lockdown. 

"Oh I went to a hospital where they've got COVID patients and I shook everyone's hand etc".

He didn't take it seriously. He wasn't prepared. He partied the whole time. 

This isn't a go at you @Koke btw - just general frustration at this government.

The gaslighting has already started too - Rees-Mogg and other senior cvnts trying to excuse the parties and pay more attention to the positives of 'how well he handled the pandemic'.

150,000 people are ****ing dead.

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Wait, what? 150,000 people are dead from this virus, of course it's extremely serious. Even after 

If the rules had been stronger and implemented earlier like they should have been we wouldn't have anywhere near that number of deaths OR cases.

Johnson and his government have been an absolutely reprehensible shit show from day one of COVID, as I pointed out the other day:

Haven't we just witnessed it all change from 'of covid' to 'with covid' in the last week or so? The numbers now from the ONS widely differ from what we all suspected.

Again, if it was so deadly and they believed everything they were telling us, and the rules they were forcing upon us, would they have been throwing a party every other week? Why do they not believe COVID can hurt them as much as it can hurt us?

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Haven't we just witnessed it all change from 'of covid' to 'with covid' in the last week or so? The numbers now from the ONS widely differ from what we all suspected.

Again, if it was so deadly and they believed everything they were telling us, and the rules they were forcing upon us, would they have been throwing a party every other week? Why do they not believe COVID can hurt them as much as it can hurt us?

Occam's Razor.

It's much simpler to consider that a group of possibly elitist individuals simply thought themselves (incorrectly) untouchable by this act of nature rather than the entire scientific consensus about that act of nature being wrong.

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Occam's Razor.

It's much simpler to consider that a group of possibly elitist individuals simply thought themselves (incorrectly) untouchable by this act of nature rather than the entire scientific consensus about that act of nature being wrong.

Their safety isn't really a consideration.

Why do car thieves try to outrun police cars?

Why do people enter into a knife fight?

Why do people break into warehouses through the roof at a great height?

Why do politicians have parties in lockdown?

It's not becuase they are concerned by the danger, it's because they think they'll get away with it.

6 minutes ago, nnfox said:

It's not becuase they are concerned by the danger, it's because they think they'll get away with it.

That's what I was aiming at, really.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Occam's Razor.

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

That's what I was aiming at, really.

So why should we be concerned by the danger? Obviously a lot different if you're 70 and massively overweight, vs 25 years old and healthy.

This has just done a massive U turn now, even all those who were lockdown advocates and 'more restrictions needed' have started to change their opinions.

Lets just get back to reality.

I await your reply about global warming and the reality being even worse than COVID Leicsmac :D:innocent: