Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

It’s interesting that MPs can give away benefits and take benefits but there is no mention of it affecting them in ways of taxation.

If a regular taxpayer has use of a company vehicle, phone etc, when declared that is reflected in our tax code. Is it the same for these scummers? I’d love to know.

• Like 3

Shame that the politicians being interviewed by Kay Burley on the morals of breaking lockdown rules haven’t the balls to ask her whether she enjoyed her 6 month “sabbatical” from presenting as a result of her own breach of the regulations.

Not that I have any sympathy for the politicians but it would be nice to see smug Burley put in the spot for a moment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Shame that the politicians being interviewed by Kay Burley on the morals of breaking lockdown rules haven’t the balls to ask her whether she enjoyed her 6 month “sabbatical” from presenting as a result of her own breach of the regulations.

Not that I have any sympathy for the politicians but it would be nice to see smug Burley put in the spot for a moment. 

She's quite sexy though!.😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Two of my closest friends (33 and 35) were hospitalised with omicron, both were on oxygen, both ill for about three to four weeks over Christmas. One's been told he's got "long covid" and is still having breathing problems. 

Both fit, healthy bmi guys with solid cardio, one plays football three times a week between gym, the other hikes and drums. 

Both of them, thankfully, double vaxxed at the time or they'd probably be dead. 

The government might have bungled most restrictions and decisions, some too late and not enough, some probably too much at the wrong times, etc. But the idea that covid isn't serious or isn't a concern is fvcking ridiculous and the fact people are still pedalling this is just sad. 

Stop getting your "news" off Facebook and grow up a bit. It's great that you're questioning the mainstream narrative in popular news, that's OK, but when 95% of the peer reviewed scientific community are telling you exactly what covid is, why it's a threat, why it should be taken seriously, what it is, how to combat it, what vaccines are and why and how they work, etc, just listen. 

It doesn't take a genius. 

I’ll agree with a lot of what you’re saying, but I’ll disagree with other bits. 

Never once taken any news off Facebook and believed it, maybe seen dubious sources as we all have at some point, but the numbers and facts being  pedalled now from the ONS, mainstream media and the Government itself are vastly different to what was originally stated. 

I maybe should have said it isn’t anywhere near as serious as what we were told, rather than it not being serious at all. 

The original vaccines and the booster to some were lifesavers and the key to us getting out of this mess, and it seems like it’s worked, thankfully. 

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

How many more times does the dynamic of a global respiratory virus need to be explained?  Lockdown was necessary against a novel virus pre-vaccination against which there was no protection whatsoever. The principles of infection control haven't changed, simply that the virus together with the response that is needed has. 

We now have a vaccination programme and by good fortune, a milder albeit more contagious variant that has swept the globe Measures have changed in response and full lockdown is deemed to be no longer necessary in the UK. Make no mistake however, although full lockdown was never really a prospect, the laxer restrictions are as much a consequence of Bozo's attempts to bolster his waning popularity and in response to rebellion in the ranks.

SARS-CoV-2 is still out there and it always will be, but it is likely that it omicron signals the endgame and it is possible that the current pandemic will phase into epidemic and eventually endemic status within the next 18-24 months. The caveat being, where there are outbreaks of infection, and percentages of populations that are unvaccinated, there remains a risk of further mutation and the emergence of yet another variant of concern. The difference being however, we are in a far better position to respond to it than Alpha which paralysed the planet two years ago. 

I never said lockdown wasn’t needed, I don’t think many will disagree that originally it was needed. I said that recently the people who wanted more restrictions or another lockdown seem to have changed their minds and now seem to be of the opinion that we need to crack on. 

3 hours ago, pSinatra said:

I didn't understand Costa's explanation about the free tickets.

Regardless.  They need to stop with the "staff working really hard & they deserve a treat" bollocks.  Like any of us don't know what hard work is.

Patronising fvcks

I have to declare any gifts sent to me by a supplier, and I understand the reasons for it. I got a bloody advent calendar the other year and had to declare that!

I really don't understand why some of these MPs don't get why such transparency, when we're talking about sums of thousands-of-pounds, is so important?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Górnik Leicester said:

I have to declare any gifts sent to me by a supplier, and I understand the reasons for it. I got a bloody advent calendar the other year and had to declare that!

I really don't understand why some of these MPs don't get why such transparency, when we're talking about sums of thousands-of-pounds, is so important?!

I got a literal pallet of chocolates from one of mine.  Staff were delighted when they got sent back...  Sodding thing was just dumped in the car park.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I never said lockdown wasn’t needed

At no point did I say that you did.

I don’t think many will disagree that originally it was needed. 

'Leicester_Loyal', meet 'Legend in Blue'

I said that recently the people who wanted more restrictions or another lockdown seem to have changed their minds and now seem to be of the opinion that we need to crack on. 

The fear was predominately the clinical burden. In the absence of real world data but as the bigger picture began to emerge it was decided to pursue a 'wait and see' approach. We were the only one of the home nations to pursue this strategy and alone in Europe in this approach. Although infection levels were unprecedented, due to the milder nature of omicron It would appear to have paid off in the immediate sense, but the decision owed more to BJ's attempts to salvage his popularity and cult of personality than shrewd judgement/providence. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, pSinatra said:

I didn't understand Costa's explanation about the free tickets.

Regardless.  They need to stop with the "staff working really hard & they deserve a treat" bollocks.  Like any of us don't know what hard work is.

Patronising fvcks

Regardless what he's said; the acceptance of the ticket is against protocol/regulations. 

41 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Cvnt even had the audacity to make a cake joke during that. Another slap in the face for those of us who missed our dying relatives' last birthdays.

I know it's a bit of an anodyne suggestion now, but if a Labour leader behaved like that scruffy, sloppy, fat mess of a fvcking **** does then there'd have been riots on the streets a long time ago. And rightly so, I'd add. Fvck off Johnson.

Corbyn did a lot less and got vilified for it 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Cvnt even had the audacity to make a cake joke during that. Another slap in the face for those of us who missed our dying relatives' last birthdays.

I know it's a bit of an anodyne suggestion now, but if a Labour leader behaved like that scruffy, sloppy, fat mess of a fvcking **** does then there'd have been riots on the streets a long time ago. And rightly so, I'd add. Fvck off Johnson.

Mardy fat bastard would probably have a tantrum if he didn't have a cake for his birthday. Paid for by one of the Tory donors no doubt.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Another lie, then, and a decision that doubtless cost the lives of many Afghans who served our country too. Just add it to the bundle...

I've already seen a couple of tweets, but there will be a very noisy corner of public opinion, you know those fervent animal lovers, who will not care about this. In their eyes the lie is meaningless, the animals were saved and that's all that matters.

20 hours ago, Parafox said:

He'll never accept that he is the failure and the reason BJ got elected with a huge Tory majority, second only to Maggie's.

BTW I have no Tory bias. Just stating facts.

I don't think we have had any truly credible leaders of any of the mainstream parties for many years. The last GE seemed to be about choosing the least objectionable.

While I understand the logic behind barring Corbyn from the Labour party, I don't think it is actually fair. 

This is a joke, isn't it?

Having a Prime Minister who has made literally a catalogue of errors, perhaps some that have proved fatal to innocent people's livelihoods, and he still insists that he's the right man for the job..

The past two years have just proved that this government is not fit for purpose.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 4