Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

10 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Shame that the politicians being interviewed by Kay Burley on the morals of breaking lockdown rules haven’t the balls to ask her whether she enjoyed her 6 month “sabbatical” from presenting as a result of her own breach of the regulations.

Not that I have any sympathy for the politicians but it would be nice to see smug Burley put in the spot for a moment. 

Maybe she would get the whole sky news team out to publicly state she did nothing wrong and had been an amazing broadcaster for many years. I guess they don’t ask because she faced consequences…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

Maybe she would get the whole sky news team out to publicly state she did nothing wrong and had been an amazing broadcaster for many years. I guess they don’t ask because she faced consequences…

Yes but only temporarily and probably on full pay though I’m not certain of that. I’d hardly call it falling on her sword although the distinction is that she did not set the rules. My comment was directed to the irony of her being cast as the moral crusader for the people given her own slip up 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not sure that even scratches the surface.

Because we’re British we’re stoically seeing this as a farce but the reality is that this is a dystopian nightmare. 

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The actual Prime Minister of this country throwing weight jibes at colleagues to deflect from a point made about him and his parties gross treatment of the people they are supposed to serve. 

We really are in the pits. 

When you've got nothing else you resort to insults. 

You can brush it off as a 14 year old as immaturity, this man is leading the country and nearly 60.

He's not changed a bit in the last 30-odd years of public life.

9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Cvnt even had the audacity to make a cake joke during that. Another slap in the face for those of us who missed our dying relatives' last birthdays.

I know it's a bit of an anodyne suggestion now, but if a Labour leader behaved like that scruffy, sloppy, fat mess of a fvcking **** does then there'd have been riots on the streets a long time ago. And rightly so, I'd add. Fvck off Johnson.

I have a mate who lives in London from Bangalore who cannot understand why we're not on the streets, burning stuff given what's happened. 

And I couldn't really think of a reason why we're not, are we too polite?

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I have a mate who lives in London from Bangalore who cannot understand why we're not on the streets, burning stuff given what's happened. 

And I couldn't really think of a reason why we're not, are we too polite?

When the new NI increase and revised energy caps come in, the national mood won't be great. Could get a bit tense, I think

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

When the new NI increase and revised energy caps come in, the national mood won't be great. Could get a bit tense, I think

Unlikely, it'll be "effects of the pandemic", and judging from my facebook "Boris is still doing his best".

It'll be the young, middle classes on the street which will just further embolden working class tory supporters (the one's who should actually be on the streets).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Unlikely, it'll be "effects of the pandemic", and judging from my facebook "Boris is still doing his best".

It'll be the young, middle classes on the street which will just further embolden working class tory supporters (the one's who should actually be on the streets).

It'll be the economically disadvantaged, who are about to feel the pinch even more. They'll have support from the highlighted group, I'm sure

I think people are very heavily influenced by the media when they buy in to the corbyn hysteria that he's an anti semite and a lunatic. Johnson is far more damaging but until very recently was looked at as a rapscalian by the majority, not the odius, morally bankrupt vermin anyone with half a brain cell has always been able to see him for for a very long time. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think people are very heavily influenced by the media when they buy in to the corbyn hysteria that he's an anti semite and a lunatic. Johnson is far more damaging but until very recently was looked at as a rapscalian by the majority, not the odius, morally bankrupt vermin anyone with half a brain cell has always been able to see him for for a very long time. 

I doubt he is an anti semite (using my definition) - he just allows anti semites to do their stuff ……thats just as bad given his position ….

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I doubt he is an anti semite (using my definition) - he just allows anti semites to do their stuff ……thats just as bad given his position ….

This is the point. Whatever Corbyn’s own thoughts are, there’s no doubt whatsoever that he allowed rampant antisemitism to flourish in the Labour Party while he was leader. It became a toxic place for Jewish people while he was in charge, and that cannot be forgiven or forgotten.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chapero82 said:

It is  mad how Starmer out is trending on twitter when it should be Boris out lol 

Just goes to show exactly how out of step these weirdos are with what's actually going on in the country. A few thousands gobshites genuinely reckon millions agree with them just because it was the top trend.

• Like 1