Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

This is starting to smell like a whitewash:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/28/met-asked-for-minimal-reference-to-probe-of-no-10-events-in-sue-gray-report

Gray's report not to mention matters being 'investigated' by the Met, an investigation that will probably take months; and I think we all know what that will conclude.

FKLQp9mWUAMH1bI?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Buce

17 minutes ago, Buce said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/28/met-asked-for-minimal-reference-to-probe-of-no-10-events-in-sue-gray-report

Gray's report not to mention matters being 'investigated' by the Met, an investigation that will probably take months; and I think we all know what that will conclude.

I have absolutely no confidence in them whatsoever. 

45 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yes looking like a right carve up. What happened to not only should justice be done but it should be seen to be done. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Buce said:

28 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I have absolutely no confidence in them whatsoever. 

11 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

So release the report detailing evidence of wrongdoing but without the parts where wrongdoing was taking place.  No wonder he's so keen for it to be released in full.

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

Yes looking like a right carve up. What happened to not only should justice be done but it should be seen to be done. 

It's a necessary step.  To me it sounds like there are grounds for an investigation into possible offences of Misconduct in a Public Office or other serious offences. Releasing the details prior to a trial would prejudice any trial that was to take place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

It's a necessary step.  To me it sounds like there are grounds for an investigation into possible offences of Misconduct in a Public Office or other serious offences. Releasing the details prior to a trial would prejudice any trial that was to take place.

I admire your confidence.  I smell a rat.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nnfox said:

If you truly believe that, I have a bridge you might like to buy.

9 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Only if arrests or charges have been made before the report is released. That's the point at which Contempt of Court comes into play. The Met's claims are absolute nonsense. It's like the police telling the press not to report on a murder while they're still looking for the murderer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nnfox said:

How can a fact-finding report possibly prejudice an investigation? That makes no sense at all.

• Like 1