Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

Honestly think this is far more damaging to the Conservatives & the met than if the report was just published.

People are seeing this is a complete whitewash, and it's being reported as such by pretty much every major journalist.

Just further evidence of how broken this country has become.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Obviously I want Johnson to go. Don't think Truss would be much of a replacement though 

Given her love of an expense account, and being used to dealing with big numbers like £500,000 for a private jet, she seems like she’d fit right into the office - albeit with new wallpaper.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I take it that Boris might be under more heat than he previously thought with that statement from the Met. I’d bet that they are looking at a more serious charge like misconduct in a Public Office because of the Sue Gray report forcing their hand. 

It's not though, it's the opposite - a very obvious collaboration to cover it up. Takes the reference to the most serious offences out of the report thus massively watering it down, Conservatives then get to gaslight everyone saying what a fuss over nothing it was.

The remainder are then kept out of discussion because they are under Police investigation, and when they're out of the news they'll be quietly dropped.

• Like 4

It feels at the moment like the Conservative Party strategy is that each day there must be a scandal even bigger that the previous day’s scandal, delaying the inevitable scandal report. This then goes on and on until around April, when it turns out that - while everyone else was in lockdown - Boris has literally shot an elephant with a blunderbuss in the middle of Hyde Park and Carrie has had a bracelet made out of its tusks.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

It's not though, it's the opposite - a very obvious collaboration to cover it up. Takes the reference to the most serious offences out of the report thus massively watering it down, Conservatives then get to gaslight everyone saying what a fuss over nothing it was.

The remainder are then kept out of discussion because they are under Police investigation, and when they're out of the news they'll be quietly dropped.

Good point

18 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Not a legal expert but surely the Met should have got its finger out to investigate much sooner and or explained this would affect Gray report. 

I agree.  Police comms have been poor.

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Boris and his cronies and the Met all belong in the reptile enclosure with the other lizards 

Remarkable how Dick saw fit not too investigate these “historical” breaches when they first came to light but now does so in a way that may get Boris off the hook

I can only assume that they are potentially looking at other offences and won't want all the details out there prior to their investigation concluding.

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I agree.  Police comms have been poor.

I can only assume that they are potentially looking at other offences and won't want all the details out there prior to their investigation concluding.

If they had done their job properly in the first place they could and should conducted an investigation on what was in the public domain before Christmas 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

If they had done their job properly in the first place they could and should conducted an investigation on what was in the public domain before Christmas 

I agree.   When all this first surfaced, that's when they should have investigated.  They didn't, so now we are where we are.  It'll finish somewhere between a total whitewash and the trial of the century.  All us public can do is wait.

Boris has to go though, he can't remain with this hanging over his head, surely?

• Like 1

Trump all over again this. The law breaking and wrongdoing is totally transparent, they know that everyone knows it's transparent, yet they are going to pretend wink wink nudge nudge that it was all kosher and you can't prove otherwise because all the people that matter are in on it too. Makes you sick.