Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

Yet another sickening miscarriage or evasion of justice.

There are poor students out there who started life with £10,000 fines for the very same offence that the police are letting these clowns off with. When WILL they be held to account? What's the next crime they can get away with? Or the one after that?

To implement and uphold laws you must be MORE accountable to them than the general public, not less.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Normally I think people shouldn't claim one party is the right or correct one to vote for when it comes to politics but will make an exception in this occasion.

Johnson and his cabinet have shown themselves time and time again to be utterly morally bankrupt, corrupt and not have the good of the country are heart and anybody that wants to keep him in power does need their head checking.

I have lots of friends that vote Tory, and they're fantastic people. Likewise, I know plenty of people that vote as I do, and they're awful people.

Sadly, there are enough people out there who look at these absolute weapons and think 'yup, I like my cake and eat it too, they're twats, just like me and now I'm justified'.

• Sad 1

What you have to remember is if this worm is still in charge come the next general election a large proportion of print and visual media will be pushing heavily for a tory government for the same reason they (more often than not) always have, because bigots own the media. It'll be a long slog of absolutely bashing Starmer and painting Boris as the right man for the job, and you'd be surprised how quick people are to forget, coupled with the media tapping in to people's prejudices. They'd comfortably win the next general election, I fear. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

What you have to remember is if this worm is still in charge come the next general election a large proportion of print and visual media will be pushing heavily for a tory government for the same reason they (more often than not) always have, because bigots own the media. It'll be a long slog of absolutely bashing Starmer and painting Boris as the right man for the job, and you'd be surprised how quick people are to forget, coupled with the media tapping in to people's prejudices. They'd comfortably win the next general election, I fear. 

I fear you are right. The attention span of too many is too short. They get more wound up as to who wins Love Island,   Strictly or some other fluff. Principles and morals are not sexy 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Most people have already forgotten about JRM lying to the Queen about proroguing parliament or even the cover up for Owen Paterson (who resigned) or Priti Patel's bullying (she obviously didn't).  Completely agree that they're kicking this as far down the road so that people will be saying how great they are for the extra bank holiday this year and it was all a storm in a tea cup.  It's depressingly predictable that this turd won't be flushed and we'll be seeing him for the next 7 years.

• Like 2

"Gray’s team had been considering sending a redacted version of the report to No 10 or waiting for the Met to conclude its inquiry and then sending the full report. On Friday night, they decided to send a redacted version, at the request of the Met, and are not believed to be intending to submit anything further to Downing Street"

From The Guardian - and there we go, what a ****ing surprise! :dry: A heavily redacted report and nothing further. Followed by the MET quietly dropping there case in a few weeks time no doubt. Complete and utter stitch up from the start.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. This has been coming all my lifetime, the Tory party has always itched to get further right and be above the law. 

If you vote for this lot, it doesn't make you as bad as them, but I'd really advise long contemplation over your quality of thought process and decision making. 

The nasty party, and the masses lap it up. 

• Like 2