Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

10 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m sorry but they are standing at elections with the mandate to make decisions for the country, if they can’t see that this man needs to go asap, then they aren’t fit for purpose.

It will take some doing to restore any sort of respect in them, the longer they hang on.

I totally understand your point.  All I would say is that what goes on in the corridors in Westminster is anyone's guess.  Johnson comes across as someone who can't be trusted and shouldn't be in the job.  He is though, and it's an immensely powerful job.  There's no telling what he'd do to the career of a back bench MP.

When faced with taking on the PM and his cronies or waiting a couple of weeks to see if he does the decent thing on his own, most will opt to give it some time.  I'm sure they won't wait forever though.

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, specifically this appalling bunch of shysters, but the first sentence tells you that this is a rot in the Tory party that has been a long time coming, and you may disagree of course. However, carry on voting for this and it will only get worse, more extreme, and less accountable to any democratic processes, in my opinion.

Heard an excellent point today on a non political podcast of how intriguing the Tories are.

No greater example in how they successfully used Thatcher’s upbringing and her ascent into working hard, making money as a celebration of being a Conservative 

Yet there’s been a succession of Eton educated leaders now who celebrate Thatcher as why they became Tory but don’t share her same ethic as cold as it could be (in my opinion)

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Heard an excellent point today on a non political podcast of how intriguing the Tories are.

No greater example in how they successfully used Thatcher’s upbringing and her ascent into working hard, making money as a celebration of being a Conservative 

Yet there’s been a succession of Eton educated leaders now who celebrate Thatcher as why they became Tory but don’t share her same ethic as cold as it could be (in my opinion)

I suspect the male-dominated Eton brigade secretly loathed and feared Thatcher, and probably not for the same reasons many others did. In my experience, there's no part of society that has greater contempt for women than privately educated men.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suspect the male-dominated Eton brigade secretly loathed and feared Thatcher, and probably not for the same reasons many others did. In my experience, there's no part of society that has greater contempt for women than privately educated men.

It’s been suggested by many political pundits now that Labour would be served having a female leader at the moment and not from London as well 

35 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s been suggested by many political pundits now that Labour would be served having a female leader at the moment and not from London as well 

Not that Thatcher did much for other women. Strange Labour never had a woman leader despite very capable contenders going back to Barbara Castle and Shirley Williams 

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Not that Thatcher did much for other women. Strange Labour never had a woman leader despite very capable contenders going back to Barbara Castle and Shirley Williams 

A point of linguistic irritation - how has the term 'woman leader/footballer/doctor' entered our language? Isn't the more respectful and accurate term 'female'?

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Please please please no one ever ever use GB News as an outlet of any integrity 

That’s frankly offensive alongside disrespectful. What were they thinking?

With all due respect, it’s an echo chamber, not a tv channel - would you watch an evangelical tv channel and expect to see faith issues debated openly and without bias ??

Watching the thing and giving it exposure will increase advertising revenue and increase its credibility……..irrelevant of its content ….

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

With all due respect, it’s an echo chamber, not a tv channel - would you watch an evangelical tv channel and expect to see faith issues debated openly and without bias ??

Watching the thing and giving it exposure will increase advertising revenue and increase its credibility……..irrelevant of its content ….

The astounding thing I find is that I’d expect of its audience have a huge amount of respect for Churchill and that’s showing absolutely zero of it