Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

16 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

…there's no part of society that has greater contempt for women than privately educated men.

The overwhelming majority of peer-reviewed literature on domestic violence and social class says otherwise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The overwhelming majority of peer-reviewed literature on domestic violence and social class says otherwise.

I'm obviously happy to be proven incorrect on this. I would ask that you fully quote what I said, however, since I was offering my own experience, rather than stating facts. 

I also largely suspect that the richest in society aren't forthcoming about their endemic inequalities. 

given that there is almost no chance whatsoever  that there will be any trial as a consequence of sue gray’s full report, one would hope that someone somewhere will leak it rather than us all having to look at the ‘version’ we will see today ……..

todays report will likely reference the attitude of those in Downing Street and other govt offices as a workplace but the PM will not be implicated as part of this, even though the ‘fish rots from the head’

It’s hilarious (and also depressing) how totally feeble it is. 

I appreciate her hands were tied, but if Sue Gray had written ‘You shouldn’t have had those parties guys,’ in crayon on a piece of printer paper it would have about the same level of substance. 

Rather than expecting a report, the opposition should have changed the rhetoric and narrative at the end of last week to reflect that it would just be a list of gatherings because of the impact of the met investigation……. There are some unexpected snippets such as the get together in the Johnson’s flat to mark cumming’s departure but not much else.

by not managing to change the narrative, a lot of the public will look at the news this evening and think ‘meh’ - may as well move on ….