Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

It's classic Boris to do what he did. 

Say/do something more outrageous so that everyone thinks about that instead of the precious audacious thing. 

Sadly, for him at least, people aren't forgetting about his previous actions and events. 

The trouble with his tactic is that it may have worked before. But not now. If you act like a shit show enough times, it will stick in people's minds. 

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Lies, u-turns, corruption, squander, insults, racism, cowardice, homophobia - and then he became PM. A one-man anti-Midas with everything he touches turning to shit. Worst PM ever.

And what’s bonkers is that there are a large amount of people who would, without hesitation, vote him in again 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I am contemplating writing to the local MP, Costa, to gauge his thoughts and reaction to all of this but I'm not entirely sure it is worth the time or effort quite frankly.  At least Bridgen is doing something.  Costa just comes across as a yes man.

Send him some YouTube and BitChute videos, I'm sure he'll happily engage with you once he learns everything he previously didn't know from them 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Lies, u-turns, corruption, squander, insults, racism, cowardice, homophobia - and then he became PM. A one-man anti-Midas with everything he touches turning to shit. Worst PM ever.

When are you going to get to the bad stuff?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

I wrote to Costa during the Cummings fiasco.

Basically told me to not contact him about it again and that Cummings has Boris' full support and they were all behind him.

Have contacted him again recently asking if he wants to stand by that statement. No response as yet.

Did similar, and received similar. An absolute waste of an office.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rain King said:

I wrote to Costa during the Cummings fiasco.

Basically told me to not contact him about it again and that Cummings has Boris' full support and they were all behind him.

Have contacted him again recently asking if he wants to stand by that statement. No response as yet.

I'm still waiting on two replies from Argar.

God almighty..

Did you see Bozo doing his press  conference in Ukraine!!..

Wrinkled shirt and collar with a tatty green tie badly knotted and hanging down to his fat knees!!..

FFS!!... Who's his dress advisor..Rab C Nesbitt?

What a CVNT!!

Edited by weller54
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Buce said:

It says everything about this shower of shit when even Jon the Hat can't defend them.

To be fair you won't find me defending them for many months now.  We all knew what Boris was, but assumed he would at least surround himself with competent people to do the actual work.  He has failed in even that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

If the honourable, capable Tory MPs were not a minority, wouldn't they be getting rid of Johnson after all he's done and said?

A number have spoken out and deserve credit for that. But it seems they cannot even summon up 54 Tory MPs to write letters calling for a vote of no confidence.

I'm not saying that every other Tory MP is useless and completely unprincipled, but it shows a lack of principle and backbone not to act when things get this bad. Something similar happened in the US Republican Party, didn't it?

Only a minority of Republicans in Congress actively backed Trump's ideas, but a majority are not prepared to challenge his dominance despite all he's done - so his thinking continues to dominate their party.

Somewhat different scenario here in that Johnson no longer seems to have the grassroots backing that Trump enjoys. I assume there are a lot of Tory MPs who've decided: "he's dishonest, unsuited to PM, has been a disgracefully bad leader....but he's our best hope of winning, so let's forget about the down side, eh?"

Trump called Johnson "Britain Trump", didn't he?

In some ways, there's no direct comparison, as I think Johnson lacks Trump's attraction to Far Right / racist thinking.

But there are major similarities, too: Massive narcissism, contempt for democracy, contempt for the truth, cynical opportunism.....and representatives in Parliament/Congress mostly not prepared to reject a man manifestly unfit for senior office.

You're right that a lot of talent was excluded due to Brexit - and not just excluded from government, it was often excluded from parliament and the party itself or forced to self-exclude (Grieve, Gauke, Stewart etc.)

But was there any need for that talent to be excluded? May had a cabinet that included a wide range of views on Brexit - 2016 Remainers (including May herself), Hard Brexiteers, Soft Brexiteers.

Go back further. Go back to any govt in my lifetime and the cabinet included a range of views: Wilson/Callaghan had Foot/Benn in their cabinets; Thatcher had Heseltine, Clarke & the Wets; Major had Portillo & Co; Blair had Cook & Short....

I'm not sure it was completely necessary, but we had 2 years of politicians including May trying to undo Brexit without actually saying they were trying to undo Brexit.  Something had to change,

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Astonishing, given his position.

Another disgustingly pathetic sycophant. He probably knows - like most of the current front bench - that they'd be absolutely nowhere near frontline politics if it wasn't for his loyalty to the PM. Johnson has surrounded himself with easily manipulated, utterly useless yes-men for a reason. 

A pretty risky stance to take given how precarious everything is. Hope he isn't afraid to get burned when the whole regime inevitably gets razed to the fvcking ground. 

This is exactly what he has done.  They are all pathetic to a ****ing man & woman.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

That said, I may have been over-generous, remembering some of Johnson's comments about "piccaninnies", burka "letter boxes" etc.

I still hold that judging a man on a couple of comments made in the context of article designed to grab attention is nonsense.  Judge him on his lying incompetent narcissistic cuntishness instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

I really wish they'd stop using the excuse of 'we were working hard'. 

Everyone fvcking was you bellend. 

Feckin hate politicians  and more so when they spew this bollox.

The standard for being a politician in any country is extremely low. We have fuk boy wonder Trudeau over here who needs sacking but ffs boris takes the cake.  What an embarrassment for the UK he is.  What's worse is that people vote for him and Trudeau.

Do people have any sort of moral compass these days?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

The standard for being a politician in any country is extremely low. We have fuk boy wonder Trudeau over here who needs sacking but ffs boris takes the cake.  What an embarrassment for the UK he is.  What's worse is that people vote for him and Trudeau.

Not up to date on canadian politics, whats Trudeau done or not done? 

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

And watch Trump get back into power in a couple of years!!!..

The World is fvcked!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Fixed it for you.

Plus, to say May was trying to bin Brexit is laughable. She was incredibly stubborn in her insistence that there would be no u-turns. 

It should have been binned. You don’t change the fundamentals of a country’s political system on the basis of a 52% majority after a filthy campaign funded and facilitated by a hostile state. 

As much as I dislike brexit and everything it has and will bring; overturning it would have been a poor choice. Nobody would ever take a referendum seriously again if they think a government will just overturn the decision. Plus the amount of shit overturning it would have bought...although probably not as much shit as what brexit seems to be doing. 

The issue with brexit was really down to migrants and lets not pretend it wasn't. I understand peoples worry about constant migrants coming over...but unless the government are going to make an actual effort to support parents and families in the upbringing of young children (childcare costs being ridiculous) then who is going to contribute to the taxes needed for baby boomers in their pensions?  We are going to be heading the same way Germany/Korea/Japan are going. Where the older population out numbers the younger tax paying population and so theres going to be less tax revenue to support a much larger pension pot. That's only solved with immigration or good support from the government for families. The cost of having a child in this country is a joke, nevermind the crap parental leave men have and other things. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Christoph said:

As much as I dislike brexit and everything it has and will bring; overturning it would have been a poor choice. Nobody would ever take a referendum seriously again if they think a government will just overturn the decision. Plus the amount of shit overturning it would have bought...although probably not as much shit as what brexit seems to be doing. 

The issue with brexit was really down to migrants and lets not pretend it wasn't. I understand peoples worry about constant migrants coming over...but unless the government are going to make an actual effort to support parents and families in the upbringing of young children (childcare costs being ridiculous) then who is going to contribute to the taxes needed for baby boomers in their pensions?  We are going to be heading the same way Germany/Korea/Japan are going. Where the older population out numbers the younger tax paying population and so theres going to be less tax revenue to support a much larger pension pot. That's only solved with immigration or good support from the government for families. The cost of having a child in this country is a joke, nevermind the crap parental leave men have and other things. 

I do understand how problematic it would have been to be seen to be ‘overturning’ the referendum (which was non binding anyway, I might add), but there were ways this could/should have been approached. For example, a second referendum based on the actual proposed terms of exit.

It’s probably worth remembering that, in the Supreme Court, the Government’s leading barrister argued that you can’t void the result of the referendum due to electoral interference because there’s nothing to void, i.e. it was an advisory poll only. Had it been binding, it would have been ruled void.

And, yes, you’re right about immigration. But more specifically, I think it was about non-EU migrants (for example Middle Eastern refugees). People were under the impression it was the EU ‘forcing’ migrants on us, which is factually untrue. The number of such migrants we actually take in is surprisingly small. It was a blunt force ‘foreigners out’ vote’.

• Like 1