Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

24 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The worry I have is that if he survives it he can't be challenged for another year. Then, if.., the material on his lockdown discretions comes to light he in that time, he can just flick two fingers up at it and carry on. 

20 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

The worry I have is that if he survives it he can't be challenged for another year. Then, if.., the material on his lockdown discretions comes to light he in that time, he can just flick two fingers up at it and carry on. 

Think he can be challenged again after two months under the current rules

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

I'd love it!

Love it!..

If the Tories were ripped apart like this at the next GE.

Hate to break it to you but the Labour Party will be just as bad, just as corrupt and just as deceiving as the tories. And that’s from someone that knows toss all and gives little about politics. 

13 hours ago, Christoph said:

As much as I dislike brexit and everything it has and will bring; overturning it would have been a poor choice. Nobody would ever take a referendum seriously again if they think a government will just overturn the decision. Plus the amount of shit overturning it would have bought...although probably not as much shit as what brexit seems to be doing. 

The issue with brexit was really down to migrants and lets not pretend it wasn't. I understand peoples worry about constant migrants coming over...but unless the government are going to make an actual effort to support parents and families in the upbringing of young children (childcare costs being ridiculous) then who is going to contribute to the taxes needed for baby boomers in their pensions?  We are going to be heading the same way Germany/Korea/Japan are going. Where the older population out numbers the younger tax paying population and so theres going to be less tax revenue to support a much larger pension pot. That's only solved with immigration or good support from the government for families. The cost of having a child in this country is a joke, nevermind the crap parental leave men have and other things. 

Trouble is migrants have to come from somewhere.Usually Countries that can ill afford the loss.of their young upwardly mobile people.Southern and Eastern Europe have the biggest population declines.FOM being a big factor.

liberal types either haven’t given this downside a moments thought or don’t want to think about it.

Let’s face it,it’s a bit of a Britain first attitude.Something that Farage would be hugely in favour of.Except he wasn’t.

46 minutes ago, Bert said:

Hate to break it to you but the Labour Party will be just as bad, just as corrupt and just as deceiving as the tories. And that’s from someone that knows toss all and gives little about politics. 

Appreciate that Labour are not as saintly as they appear, but this Johnson Tory government puts genuine Conservatives to shame.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

No Government will ever be perfect, but literally no Government will ever, ever be as bad as this one moving forward. 

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

I was thinking about this the other day - if you are Boris Johnson, what exactly is your next move if you quit?  He has worked for this his whole life, convinced he would be a brilliant PM.  He doesn't have a plan B, he isn't going to quit.  He is convinced he can push through this, and that everyone will forgive him.

23 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Where the **** is the accountability?

I find this bizarre.  If someone in my company was blocking attempts to recover money or investigate in these circumstances I would be strongly suspecting fraud.  Quite why this is different I don't see.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

And it's just this kind of thing the utterly morally bankrupt con artists are using to bank on. You could have gone all in and said 'yeah but at least it's better than Corbyn would have been'.

Which is why I don’t vote. People say oh “well if you don’t vote you don’t have a right to moan”. As mentioned I don’t really care enough. Also my vote if I was to vote wouldn’t change a thing in my constituency. 

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

You aren’t breaking anything as that just won’t happen. I doubt that there will be a government in our lifetime as corrupt as this one. Boris and his cronies have absolutely no shame or dignity, they just do what they want, treat anyone not like them with contempt and will never apologise or take responsibility for their actions.   

Which will be exactly the same if another party got into power. They’re all as bad as each other. Lie to get into power. Don’t follow up their promises. Do what suits them and not what suits the people that have voted for them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Which is why I don’t vote. People say oh “well if you don’t vote you don’t have a right to moan”. As mentioned I don’t really care enough. Also my vote if I was to vote wouldn’t change a thing in my constituency. 

Which will be exactly the same if another party got into power. They’re all as bad as each other. Lie to get into power. Don’t follow up their promises. Do what suits them and not what suits the people that have voted for them. 

Trust me, I understand the first part very well. The second part I don't - I'm sorry you feel that way.

8 hours ago, Bert said:

They definitely wouldn't though.

• Like 4

@Bert what have you seen in the current Labour Party that makes you think they will be just as deceiving and corrupt?

This current Tory government have set some ridiculously new levels of how to be those things. Not sure what there is about this Labour party that makes you think it'll be the same.

I don't hold that many politicians in high regard either but genuinely don't think anyone could be as prominently and severely misguided and ignorant as the current lot. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Where the **** is the accountability?

I suspect the actual payment was made to an offshore co for a Chinese intermediary or even directly to china. Hence it wouldn’t appear in the U.K. co accounts. They would have received a ‘commission payment’ from upstream.  The DOH would have it recorded as a payment to the U.K. company because that’s who they dealt with - delving deeper would reveal the bank details of the payment. I’ve heard some stories about monies appearing in bank accounts up front that would make you shake your head …….. they were trying but they showed zero commercial nouse and accountability - the ‘sharp’ Chinese traders must have thought it was the next 50 Xmas and New Years  all rolled up together !!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I hate this argument. Labour might be shit but we've had over ten years of tory shit. Its probably worth a punt going for a different shit sandwich for now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

@Bert what have you seen in the current Labour Party that makes you think they will be just as deceiving and corrupt?

This current Tory government have set some ridiculously new levels of how to be those things. Not sure what there is about this Labour party that makes you think it'll be the same.

I don't hold that many politicians in high regard either but genuinely don't think anyone could be as prominently and severely misguided and ignorant as the current lot. 

Like taking us into an unjustified war? Come on, politicians at the highest level are coniving and duplicitious. I will concede they cannot be as feckless as this lot though.