Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

55 minutes ago, martyn said:

Sunak claiming gas prices are going up in part due to a "colder than normal winter".

The lies get ever more egregious

If he is on about our winter then he is taking the piss. It’s been very mild. They just lie and lie until they seem to believe the absolute shit that the spout.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

That tends to happen when the former MP decides to acid attack people and wasn't even who the local electorate wanted as the labour candidate anyway.

I’d imagine you’d be pretty p*ssed if your last two MP’s had been Keith Vaz and then Claudia Webbe. 

28 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

If he is on about our winter then he is taking the piss. It’s been very mild. They just lie and lie until they seem to believe the absolute shit that the spout.

To be fair we’ve had a lot of sharp frost’s and January has been very dry.The gritters were out most nights last month.I’ll give you the state of my van as evidence.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Did anybody listen to the 5Live drive show from Leicester yesterday? 

There was a woman from New Parks who had to be fact checked when she denied Sunak was a billionaire, then once that had happened she said he deserves it because he’s clearly worked hard for it. The red tops have completely poisoned the minds of brits over the years. And it may not be popular but I agree with Corbyn, there should be no billionaires in Britain, it is obscene although clearly and oddly seems like an unelectable opinion. 

‘Worked hard for it’ is such a ****ing insult. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Unbelievable.

Snot nosed Tory media sympathisers like this make up a large part of why that sock full of porridge even has a job. The amount of people who voted/will still vote for him because of his bumbling facade is pretty frightening. He’s evil, the worst kind of Tory. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There was a woman from New Parks who had to be fact checked when she denied Sunak was a billionaire, then once that had happened she said he deserves it because he’s clearly worked hard for it. The red tops have completely poisoned the minds of brits over the years. And it may not be popular but I agree with Corbyn, there should be no billionaires in Britain, it is obscene although clearly and oddly seems like an unelectable opinion. 

I've had this argument with my dad before. His point was essentially "but people need aspirations", which I ultimately agree with. However, it has to be within reason. I fundamentally believe in the concept of being able to make large sums of money through hard work and innovation, but just not at the expense of people not being able to eat or have a roof over their heads. I think people don't quite realise how much money £1billion really is. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I've had this argument with my dad before. His point was essentially "but people need aspirations", which I ultimately agree with. However, it has to be within reason. I fundamentally believe in the concept of being able to make large sums of money through hard work and innovation, but just not at the expense of people not being able to eat or have a roof over their heads. I think people don't quite realise how much money £1billion really is. 

Think this also ties in to how the country needs to view taxes - In Germany for example it's seen as a point of patriotic pride if you pay more tax as you're helping others within your community. Always struck me as odd that as a nation we celebrate how much money we can raise when it's children in need - but not question why the charities they help are needed in such volume.

Of course, it's far easier to be happy about paying more tax if that tax rise doesn't make you sh*t yourself everytime you put the heating on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Well he is if you add in his wifes wealth i guess

26 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

1 thousand million...

Spend a million quid and you've got 999 million left 😲...

Wow.

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

1 thousand million...

Spend a million quid and you've got 999 million left 😲...

Wow.

Soon make that if your someone like Kylie Jenner earning $1.2m per social media post, she will be classed as self made but jeez its hardly  a Richard Branson rags to riches style

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Murdered MO David Amess’ seat. None of the other major parties stood. Turnout was only 22%

A great many spoilt their votes too - quite a few expressing disdainful messages to Number 10. . 

42 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Well he is if you add in his wifes wealth i guess

This is the point. He married into that wealth which has also clearly aided his career. He’s done very little to deserve it. For example his brother is a psychologist who will probably earn around £50k a year, comfortable but a psychologist is far more worthy of wealth than a lucky banker/husband. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

there should be no billionaires in Britain

There shouldn't be billionaires anywhere, it's an absurd concept.

But a lot of people get their opinions from news sources and media outlets owned by, erm, billionaires. And they don't think it's that absurd at all, thank you very much.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Soon make that if your someone like Kylie Jenner earning $1.2m per social media post, she will be classed as self made but jeez its hardly  a Richard Branson rags to riches style

And that is a myth anyway,  his father and grandfather were both Barristers and he attended Private Schools.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

The gas price is global - nothing to do with our winter temps. Europe as a whole has not had a cold winter thus far. parts of the n America  have but not excessively so. He’s talking tosh ……

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Why not ?  As long as they lay their taxes I don’t see the problem.  there was a report last week listing the highest tax payers in the country last year …… didn’t get much publicity compared to the stuff about those that don’t pay their share.  We should celebrate high tax payers. Many of them bring in earning from overseas than then pay tax here on that income/capital gain. 

58 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

as already mentioned, you may need to check out the history of ‘pauper’ dickie B 

Edited by st albans fox