Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Up there with the brexit minister finding out and informing us that most truck imports come in through Dover …….

At least the information Raab found out was correct. This is just complete ignorance and another case of Dorries not finding out the details.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

We've had 10 years of the Internet according to our Secretary for Culture, Digital Media and Sport 

The bastard love child of The Day Today and The IT Crowd.

Only less funny.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think those twats would have shouted something else but probably have been just as horrible.  It was also pretty horrible when Tory MPs got hassled outside parliament.

The thing about becoming a politician is it puts you in a public role where your words and deeds can and should be scrutinised by the people of the country.  If a politician says or does something controversial they generally expect to be confronted about it by angry members of the public.  The problem with this incident is that the angry members of the public are acting on a falsehood which got signal boosted by our Prime Minister in the HOC who now refuses to admit he lied, like he always does, just like he did with the red bus and his stance on EU membership.  Don't drag general politic dissent into this.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Philp out this morning tossing the feelings of Savile's victims to one side. No depths this lot won't stoop to.

Lewis too.  The party line is clearly that Boris wasn't lying, he was making a valid point about the buck-stops-here nature of leading a large organisation.  I wonder how long it will be before the sycophants who buy into the argument realise that same logic should be applied to Johnson's management of the country.

17 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The thing about becoming a politician is it puts you in a public role where your words and deeds can and should be scrutinised by the people of the country.  If a politician says or does something controversial they generally expect to be confronted about it by angry members of the public.  The problem with this incident is that the angry members of the public are acting on a falsehood which got signal boosted by our Prime Minister in the HOC who now refuses to admit he lied, like he always does, just like he did with the red bus and his stance on EU membership.  Don't drag general politic dissent into this.

There does seem to be a real propensity at the present time to separate words and deeds, as if words implying or inciting a deed have zero responsibility for that deed being done.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

There does seem to be a real propensity at the present time to separate words and deeds, as if words implying or inciting a deed have zero responsibility for that deed being done.

I have no doubt Boris is the reason they shouted what they did, I just think they were likely there protesting anyway, and would have found something to shout at whoever they recognized regardless.

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I have no doubt Boris is the reason they shouted what they did, I just think they were likely there protesting anyway, and would have found something to shout at whoever they recognized regardless.

Then we agree on Boris sharing some of the responsibility for the way things went down.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Savile died a decade ago, how many times in that decade has Starmer been subjected to this in that time? You're just giving Boris and the protesters an excuse and it's all speculation. What we know is Boris said what he said, and a group of people attacked Starmer citing what Boris said. So you can speculate that they might have attacked anyone, but that's all it is speculation, the only thing we know 100% is they attacked Starmer over Savile and the blame for that lies firmly with Boris.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Savile died a decade ago, how many times in that decade has Starmer been subjected to this in that time? You're just giving Boris and the protesters an excuse and it's all speculation. What we know is Boris said what he said, and a group of people attacked Starmer citing what Boris said. So you can speculate that they might have attacked anyone, but that's all it is speculation, the only thing we know 100% is they attacked Starmer over Savile and the blame for that lies firmly with Boris.

I thought that Savile stuff was only actually mentioned by one or two of the protesters.  Most of them were calling him a traitor for being the leader of the opposition and not opposing the government enough on covid measures.

Obviously the press pick up on the Savile comments as Boris bashing is the flavour of the month (deservedly so), but then portray it as if a bunch of people were protesting that Starmer didn't personally prosecute Savile, which I don't believe was the case.

@Jon the Hat was right in saying that they were there anyway and were destined to give Starmer abuse as soon as he appeared   The Savile comments were no doubt shouted because of Boris, but not the reason for the protest.

Boris should withdraw his remarks and apologise, but there is a need for a bit of perspective.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

...but, of course, we don't need to adopt a windfall tax on Shell and BP's record multi-billion profits.

2142164752_Screenshot2022-02-08at10_12_58.png.360eb30d0271d26bdc19aa0806ee3a02.png

Reading stuff like this boils my blood. Raising national insurance and doing a shit job at protecting people from rising energy prices....then you read this and think....what the fuuuuuuck. 

• Like 2

Robert Moore is absolutely bang on. 

De Pfeffel knows exactly what he's doing. He's mobilising the anti-intellectual, disinformation-peddling, far-right thickos in the same way that Trump did across the US. 

He's fvcking desperate, dangerous and will stop at absolutely nothing to cling onto his crumbling regime. He needs to be stopped NOW before we end up with a politician getting hurt.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Robert Moore is absolutely bang on. 

De Pfeffel knows exactly what he's doing. He's mobilising the anti-intellectual, disinformation-peddling, far-right thickos in the same way that Trump did across the US. 

He's fvcking desperate, dangerous and will stop at absolutely nothing to cling onto his crumbling regime. He needs to be stopped NOW before we end up with a politician getting hurt.

The Tories have been in power for 12 years, but only in the time they've had a majority and only when De Pfeffel has been either PM or leader of the Leave campaign have we had MPs murdered on our streets...

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

Reading stuff like this boils my blood.

Having just listened to a very rich old man explain why BP and Shell need those profits, generated on the backs of people struggling to keep the lights on, I'm popping on some episodes from The Office or Partridge.

Laughing at stuff helps me cope with the despicable inequalities of life.

bHOWOOXIWmLF.gif

2 hours ago, nnfox said:

I thought that Savile stuff was only actually mentioned by one or two of the protesters.  Most of them were calling him a traitor for being the leader of the opposition and not opposing the government enough on covid measures.

Were they?  All I heard was a bit of angry yelling about freemasons and paedo protectors.  You've done very well to interpret their very valid concerns.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Were they?  All I heard was a bit of angry yelling about freemasons and paedo protectors.  You've done very well to interpret their very valid concerns.

Thank you.

I guess in any situation where there is a mob shouting different things over each other, different people will get different things from it.

Without watching the clips on repeat and transcribing everything (which I'm too busy to do), my overriding impression was that he was being labelled a traitor.  Which is probably uncalled for too.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Jacob Rees-Smeg made Minister for Brexit opportunities!!😂😂.. 

What a fvcking joke!

Rewards all round for Johnson's biggest arse-lickers. Mogg and Spencer the most prominent.  

If the job is seeking out "opportunities" from Brexit, he's not going to be very busy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Thank you.

I guess in any situation where there is a mob shouting different things over each other, different people will get different things from it.

Without watching the clips on repeat and transcribing everything (which I'm too busy to do), my overriding impression was that he was being labelled a traitor.  Which is probably uncalled for too.

Oh they absolutely called him a traitor too, I just think it would have helped if one of them had thought to clarify they were talking about his lack of Covid opposition, the bad eggs yelling about protecting paedos have really muddled the message there.