Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Are people trying to pretend that Johnson has no responsibility for Starmer getting this treatment? 

The former has been pretty successful in temporarily deflecting much attention on him since that controversial comment.

throwing-mud.jpg

12 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Rewards all round for Johnson's biggest arse-lickers. Mogg and Spencer the most prominent.  

If the job is seeking out "opportunities" from Brexit, he's not going to be very busy. 

He'll need plenty of time/effort to search out different shades of blue cardboard for UK passport covers!!...

Tough gig!

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Are people trying to pretend that Johnson has no responsibility for Starmer getting this treatment? 

No, he is of course responsible for the nonsense about Saville.  I doubt the covid freedom protesters where there for that though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

We've had 10 years of the Internet according to our Secretary for Culture, Digital Media and Sport 

Clear evidence she is more qualified to talk about the digital bit than she is to talk about culture or sport.  She has at least heard of the internet.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Great minds think alike.

Weird that the people that supposedly made the comments are not English and have no sign of them on their timeline.

I am starting to wonder if everything that is posted on twitter isn't always real.

Edited by kenny

4 minutes ago, kenny said:

Weird that the people that supposedly made the comments are not English and have no sign of them on their timeline.

I am starting to wonder if everything that is posted on twitter isn't always real.

It did cross my mind.

Back when it first became big in people’s consciousness, I remember people used to laugh when anyone said they’d got some information off the internet. Literally laugh, like someone was stupid for believing something off any website. I’m starting to miss those days.

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

It's despicable that various Tory ministers (but not some Tory MPs) are cynically and dishonestly claiming an equivalence between Johnson at 10 Downing Street and Starmer at the CPS.

- Equivalence to Johnson's conduct: If Starmer had presided over a culture of law-breaking and complacency at the CPS, leading to at least 16 alleged breaches, of which 12 were investigated by the police, several of them directly involving Starmer.

- Equivalence to Starmer's conduct: If Johnson had presided over a culture of compliance with Covid regulations at Downing Street, but in his absence on one occasion an official had held a party, for which Johnson subsequently apologised.

But the opposition are allowing the equivalence to be made - they aren’t addressing the narrative 

whilst boris et all are arseholes for making the argument in the first place, Labour are in danger of being shown to be pretty useless for being unable to set the record straight and point out the ridiculous nature of that equivalence…

16 minutes ago, kenny said:

How hard did you look? (Spoiler tagged to save you all loading a bunch of tweets but I looked up all the handles visible in the tweet and found the capped comments within seconds each time.  If you look through each account they're clearly trolls, it's just a question of who started their weird little campaign.)

Spoiler tagged to save you all loading a bunch of tweets but I looked up all the handles visible in the tweet and found the capped comments within seconds each time.  If you look through each account they're clearly trolls, it's just a question of who started their weird little campaign.

Edited by Carl the Llama

31 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

How hard did you look? (Spoiler tagged to save you all loading a bunch of tweets but I looked up all the handles visible in the tweet and found the capped comments within seconds each time.  If you look through each account they're clearly trolls, it's just a question of who started their weird little campaign.)

Hide contents

Spoiler tagged to save you all loading a bunch of tweets but I looked up all the handles visible in the tweet and found the capped comments within seconds each time.  If you look through each account they're clearly trolls, it's just a question of who started their weird little campaign.

I checked those and couldn't see them. Most of them don't even seem to post in English and seem to be German football fans.

I think the Tories are in the clear on this one.

33 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I speak on behalf of all of the UK when I say Boris is the best ever prime minister. During these difficult times, he is making tough but reasonable decisions that are there for the health and safety of all of us. Thank you so much Boris for your strong and stable leadership!

tenor-1.gif

5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

20220208_192032.thumb.jpg.805f7f7e07ac7a6169e415435f3cf145.jpg

It's a demotion with a £35k a year wage increase. I ****ing hate these absolute *****. Rees-Mogg is just about the worst of all them for me. Genuinely believe he is the very worst of British; absolute w@nker.

Get off the fence. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

20220208_192032.thumb.jpg.805f7f7e07ac7a6169e415435f3cf145.jpg

It's a demotion with a £35k a year wage increase. I ****ing hate these absolute *****. Rees-Mogg is just about the worst of all them for me. Genuinely believe he is the very worst of British; absolute w@nker.

Nah, he's a representation of the good old days of poverty, colonialism and mass slaughter of non-white people. We ruled the waves and the world!!

Edited by Lionator
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Nah, he's a representation of the good old days of poverty, colonialism and mass slaughter of non-white people. We ruled the waves and the world!!

When you see the 'old days' of poverty.....!