Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

It's not even about being dumb, it is being either poorly briefed by the FO team, or not listening to that brief.

You shouldn't need to be briefed that Rostov is in Russia, was she not watching when they beat Bayern Munich in the Champions League that time ffs?

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To think as well we had that client journalism from one of the Sunday papers of Truss all dressed up in designing clothing purposely making look like Thatcher. 

It makes scream when a portion of the British public seem to equate that speaking with a posh accent equals intelligence. Some of this Tory lot are quite literally dim and thick  

New Margaret Thatcher' Liz Truss will urge to stop guilt about Britain's  past in policy speech | Daily Mail Online

A severe lack of intelligence to go with a similar lack of imagination.

She would be an absolute disaster for the Conservatives, but also a disaster for the country.  I'm not sure what Johnson has/had that made him electable.  At least he's a decent snake oil salesman.  She's popular among Conservative members?  How?  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The "hackneyed" Abbott needs to be ignored.

It seems to me that someone who puts 100K troops on the border of an adjoining country only has one thing in mind, to invade.

It is certainly not a Sunday afternoon jolly to be ignored, any right-minded person can see that.

9 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Right-wing media lap up Abbott because they know full well that her views, and her association with the former dear leader will put a portion of floating voters off voting Labour.

She’s always been one of the Conservative Party’s biggest assets - and she’s still showing admirable dedication to that role after all these years. Impressive.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

I'm sure @SO1 can offer some erudite rebuttal here.

I could but is it worth my time? I guess we'll just have to see how it goes. Two sides to every story and all that:whistle:

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Russia invaded Crimea, shot down a passenger plane, and has 100,000 troops on the Ukraine border.

But the West is the aggressor here.

What an utterly bizarre take, 'good people on both sides' kind of energy.  It's the sort of thing you'd expect to hear from someone receiving Russian money to muddy the debate.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

What an utterly bizarre take, 'good people on both sides' kind of energy.  It's the sort of thing you'd expect to hear from someone receiving Russian money to muddy the debate.

I’ve just seen she’s been slagging off Starmer for being pro-NATO. Surely the whip will be withdrawn soon?

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

I could but is it worth my time? I guess we'll just have to see how it goes. Two sides to every story and all that:whistle:

Yes, on the one side there's the tale of a country wanting to democratically join an international cooperation treaty, in part for security and the ability to better defend itself.  On the other side there's the tale of a different country whose leader wants to prevent that country gaining these benefits and has threatened nuclear war if we don't let them occupy a foreign state.  The former is highly aggressive and confrontational, the latter is perfectly peaceful and justified behaviour, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

That's the thing. Who to trust? Those who lie us into war or the other guys? After watching 50 years of our governments actions I'm more inclined to listen to the other guys and feel the issue through. Nobody gets a free pass just because they rule us anymore. To each his own.

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yes, on the one side there's the tale of a country wanting to democratically join an international cooperation treaty, in part for security and the ability to better defend itself.  On the other side there's the tale of a different country whose leader wants to prevent that country gaining these benefits and has threatened nuclear war if we don't let them occupy a foreign state.  The former is highly aggressive and confrontational, the latter is perfectly peaceful and justified behaviour, right?

You should read my comment in the war thread yesterday as it states my feelings about this issue. 

14 minutes ago, SO1 said:

That's the thing. Who to trust? Those who lie us into war or the other guys? After watching 50 years of our governments actions I'm more inclined to listen to the other guys and feel the issue through. Nobody gets a free pass just because they rule us anymore. To each his own.

You sound like a rebellious teenager.  I agree that you shouldn't take everything your leaders say as gospel (I wish you'd taken this stance a bit more during the Trump years instead being a pro-Trump, anti-democrat reactionary the whole time), but it's equally illogical to take the polar opposite stance of choosing to believe a foreign adversary who have been blatantly agitating in the region for years.  I understand the argument from one corner that the burgeoning relationship between the Ukraine and Western powers is an act of soft war against Russia, however that only really works as an argument for a retaliatory show of force if you're already firmly in the pro-Putin camp which has an interest in Russia occupying a foreign country.  It completely excludes consideration for what Ukraine want so it's hardly realistic to call it the impartial take.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 2