Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

3 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Then consider the phrase, "you will own nothing but you will be happy" 

Do you have a source for this? Sounds like an extract from Klaus Schwab's book and taken completely out of its intended context.

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

which again was all over social media. 

That settles it then. 

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Do you have a source for this? Sounds like an extract from Klaus Schwab's book and taken completely out of its intended context.

That settles it then. 

No I don't have a direct source for it. Suffice to say, it's a term often used on social media as you say.  Edit. A quick google search reveals this.  https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjaiL7qpqz2AhURZcAKHVWRBKwQFnoECAUQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reuters.com%2Farticle%2Fuk-factcheck-wef-idUSKBN2AP2T0&usg=AOvVaw0HaYI4EsuYzAonlG3VeKMN  

Edited by Fazzer 7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Guessing Carole's confident about the outcome of the court case Aaron Banks brought against her.

The stink got so bad that it made Isabel Oakeshott feel awkward and do the right thing

Fvcking hell. 

On a side note, Cadwalladr is fascinating on Twitter at the moment.

30 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Let's make it almost impossible for the younger generation to get anywhere in life financially. 

Not with that attitude. Get a dose of some Gary V motivation down your neck :thumbup:

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I've never put anyone on ignore but now you've sent me a link to a Gary V video I'm seriously considering letting you have the honour of being my first lol 

lol 

Nowt wrong with Gary V apart from his head might explode from drinking too much coffee :D 

52 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

:ph34r::thumbup:

Lets no go there again Mac :rolleyes:

I was hoping by now that you'd taken control of your life and stopped being a victim :whistle:

Just now, Izzy said:

Lets no go there again Mac :rolleyes:

I was hoping by now that you'd taken control of your life and stopped being a victim :whistle:

:) Power structures are what they are and there are always victims with much less control over their life other than the obvious. An unfortunate part of human civilisation. Better to acknowledge them and account for them than not IMO.

But yes, better to leave such things for a philosophy thread or somesuch.

On 04/03/2022 at 07:34, Bellend Sebastian said:

Guessing Carole's confident about the outcome of the court case Aaron Banks brought against her.

The stink got so bad that it made Isabel Oakeshott feel awkward and do the right thing

You are aware that she lost the case and was forced to apologise on Twitter, and has recently been going through the appeal phase and iirc has lost that and been taken to task by the judge. One wonders if she'll be handing back the literary awards she got off the back if that story.

4 hours ago, blabyboy said:

You are aware that she lost the case and was forced to apologise on Twitter, and has recently been going through the appeal phase and iirc has lost that and been taken to task by the judge. One wonders if she'll be handing back the literary awards she got off the back if that story.

I was referring to the ongoing 'SLAPP' case that Banks brought on which a judgement is yet to be made

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blabyboy said:

The ongoing litigation is about a specific point within that wider story, not the story itself. I'm sorry to say its as good as fact that Banks and the Leave mob are tied up in dodgy Russian money.

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

The ongoing litigation is about a specific point within that wider story, not the story itself. I'm sorry to say its as good as fact that Banks and the Leave mob are tied up in dodgy Russian money.

Ah is it? Ok, I'll go and refresh myself on it - its been a while. On the 🍺🍺 tonight so don't expect any queries until Tuesday 😉

On 04/03/2022 at 10:39, ealingfox said:

Ancient Greece: A society grows great, when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in

21st Century Britain:

“You dropped it, you pay for it” as an opposing viewpoint

• Haha 1

On 04/03/2022 at 10:39, ealingfox said:

Ancient Greece: A society grows great, when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in

21st Century Britain:

This is a dangerous logic and its limitless.

I dont have kids, should I contribute my taxes to schools?

Younger people dont need care, should they contribute their taxes to social care?

And so on...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/mar/08/john-bercow-ex-speaker-banned-commons-bullying-inquiry

Independent enquiry finds Bercow guilty. No peerage for definite then.

Luckily for Bercow we ignore the independent enquiries into bully in government departments, don't we?

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Luckily for Bercow we ignore the independent enquiries into bully in government departments, don't we?

It depends upon which party you bat for... he defected to Labour at the end, so his goose is most definitely cooked... positively to a crisp I would think.