Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People still defending this mob and saying "stick to the rules and we'll get out of this, it's only a little longer" lol 

Other than people who seem to all have union jacks on their social media names, is anyone defending them? I mean I think we all know it's been a shit show.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Other than people who seem to all have union jacks on their social media names, is anyone defending them? I mean I think we all know it's been a shit show.

Well if the polls are to be believed then the country is pretty content with who is in charge.

42 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Sigh...

Nothing surprises me anymore with this government.

Edit - This is aimed at the ministerial code being broken again, not Hancock's half hour hanky panky

Do you think he would last that long?

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Today's latest poll: Tory lead slashed from 14 pts to 12 pts.

Lib Dem Surge however I would wait for Survation!!!

At the end of the day the government can do whatever they like as long as the majority of the country feel that they're doing ok personally then the Tories will be ok. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Lib Dem Surge however I would wait for Survation!!!

At the end of the day the government can do whatever they like as long as the majority of the country feel that they're doing ok personally then the Tories will be ok. 

"I'll wait for Survation thanks" ha lol Britain Elects even sell mugs with that on lol

Tories have been above 40% pretty much the whole of 2021. The last time they're weren't in the lead was late Jan - funnily enough in a YouGov poll (dirty Tory yougov lol)

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Regardless, the rank hypocrisy of such a prominent government figure deserves all the treatment it gets. We can't not know what we now know about that (to paraphrase Malcolm Tucker). You don't just shrug your shoulders at this because the most incompetent Prime Minister in living memory is probably behind it.

I'm also sceptical about whether it'll dent the Johnson Government at all given how we've seen the elctorate behave in recent years. But fvck me, there's surely got to be a tipping point in this country at which people have had enough of these clowns taking the utter piss out of them all the time with their corruption and sleaze?

I don't disagree but honestly right now johnson could shit in his hands clap, announce a new dangerous variant and see a 5 point rise in the polls. Labour are a mess and that's the issue. I had hoped Starmer would sort them out but he hasn't.

That and a growing Conservative press mean they have **** all chance.

3 hours ago, doverfox said:

Dont recall John Terry being asked to resign for similar. It seems we hold  politicians to moral standards that  society doesnt conform to. 

Except Capello did take the captaincy off Terry and hand it to Rio Ferdinand after the knowledge of the affair became public. Maybe there were no calls because Capello acted quickly, unlike the current PM, but also for the other reasons people have replied to with about holding those in power to a high standard and how he is part of team making the laws that say we can't go around shagging whoever, bit apparently he can.

19 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I don't disagree but honestly right now johnson could shit in his hands clap, announce a new dangerous variant and see a 5 point rise in the polls. Labour are a mess and that's the issue. I had hoped Starmer would sort them out but he hasn't.

That and a growing Conservative press mean they have **** all chance.

The more I see, the less convinced I am that any form of the Labour Party could actually make headway against this lot. They can literally do no wrong in the eyes of 40+% of the country, even when the evidence is slapping them in the face.

Nobody has lower self-esteem than the UK electorate these days. We just don't want to be ruled over by anyone other than these corrupt, self-serving cretins and that's the end of it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

She is clearly in his work bubble, so not broken any rules.  Having an affair isn't really a basis for resignation any more.

I would prefer it if he left because he has everything to do with the failures of Covid, and sod all to do with the successes.

Work bubble? I don't think that's what that means. In sport the teams are bubbled together in hotels etc, in an office there may be a group who you are in with on the same days to ensure any outbreak is contained within them, but I don't think that means they can all start kissing and shagging each other. I mean if that's not the case I'm surely disappointed with my lack of action from my work bubble lol

Also having an affair in itself isn't a reason enough, but its what knowledge of that affair may have opened him up to. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, doverfox said:

Dont recall John Terry being asked to resign for similar. It seems we hold  politicians to moral standards that  society doesnt conform to. 

That's correct.

Politicians are employed to serve us, the people who elect them. John Terry was a footballer, paid to be an asset of a business. There's no comparison to be made. 

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The more I see, the less convinced I am that any form of the Labour Party could actually make headway against this lot. They can literally do no wrong in the eyes of 40+% of the country, even when the evidence is slapping them in the face.

Nobody has lower self-esteem than the UK electorate these days. We just don't want to be ruled over by anyone other than these corrupt, self-serving cretins and that's the end of it.

Many of us want to vote for a credible alternative, but it's not one of the main parties at the minute so it barely makes a difference. If I had to vote tomorrow I'd go Lib Dem or I'd not bother voting at all.

I know quite a few in this position who voted Tory last time out.

I have to be honest, Mr Blobby could have led the Conservatives and I would have voted for them against Corbyn's Labour.  I don't believe that even now Starmer would have done much better with the Covid crisis.  I fear our politicians are all lightweights.  Were is the real talent?  Why is politics not attractive to brilliant people anymore?

23 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Work bubble? I don't think that's what that means. In sport the teams are bubbled together in hotels etc, in an office there may be a group who you are in with on the same days to ensure any outbreak is contained within them, but I don't think that means they can all start kissing and shagging each other. I mean if that's not the case I'm surely disappointed with my lack of action from my work bubble lol

Also having an affair in itself isn't a reason enough, but its what knowledge of that affair may have opened him up to. 

He's come out and admitted be didn't adhere to social distance guidance so fair enough.  I don't think it is quite the same as Ferguson driving across London to see his mistress though.