Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Tony Blair had Iraq and always will have that as a stain.

But wouldn't he have handled all this....*thisness* so much better?

As Jon says, makes one despair for the shallowness of the talent pool.

more than just a stain mate, millions of innocent iraqis dead, displaced, and the whole middle east worsened without even mentions the deaths of innocent soldiers 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

more than just a stain mate, millions of innocent iraqis dead, displaced, and the whole middle east worsened without even mentions the deaths of innocent soldiers 

War Criminal if we're being honest. Every bit as bad as the Nazi's.

yup hes a war criminal with the rest of them... bush.... aznar... etc 

and ofc obama cameron and others arent innocent either they did plenty of bad as well. he should be tried at the hague. 

10 minutes ago, SO1 said:

War Criminal if we're being honest. Every bit as bad as the Nazi's.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Combination of Brexit, and cheerleading a significant decline in standards in public office, blatantly corrupt use of public money, and the dilution and deletion of checks and balances within our parliamentary democracy, for starters.

No different then to any other Government of any political persuasion. It's always been a question of "do as I say, not as I do".

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

and ofc obama cameron and others arent innocent either they did plenty of bad as well. he should be tried at the hague. 

Its an endless list of those in power who think nothing of murdering others and destroying countries for their own personal exploitation and that of their masters. An Equal employment opportunity that knows no limits.

Sex, belief system, skin color and sexual orientation all are part of the club. An endless movable feast.

Makes me sick to watch the hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

a significant decline in standards in public office, blatantly corrupt use of public money, and the dilution and deletion of checks and balances within our parliamentary democracy, for starters.

this is how the British state has been run for 300 years.

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

I believe every British leader of the last 100 years would've taken the same decisions as Blair in Iraq, perhaps apart from Wilson. I mean Saddam did most of the damage but it definitely benefitted the west to get rid of him. Iraq under Saddam, a nationalist arab state whereas the Saudi's wanted an Islamic caliphate in the Middle East, something the USA and west are ok with because oil. Iran and Syria are the same (why do you think the West hate Iran so much?). Bin Laden tempted the West in to the middle east with 9/11 and the rest is history.

• Like 1

I could go in and talk about the massive links between wahabism and the west, and how that ideology moves mountains here in the "democratic" west, but I'll waste my time on something else. Regardless is that no western leader that works with the Saudis or the emiratis or who have overthrown govs to cause unnecessary wars is good. They all should be tried at the Hague the whole lot of them. Don't care if it's saudi Arabia Israel or anyone else. 

And let me remind you lot that those that put saddam in power were the same ones who removed him. Everything comes full circle. In fact i waa talking with an Iraqi the other day, told me some stories about how he would all night and day gunshots and the screams of people during the invasion. I think sometimes we forget that at the end of the day they are people as well. All the political class is to blame both neoliberals and conservatives. 

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Facecloth said:

And this why it's naive to say its just an affair, he shouldn't resign. What else has this put him in the position to be made to do? Is he offering other people connected to her contracts? Did people know about the affair and have forced his hand on certain matters with the threat of revealing it? We don't know, but in the same way Johnson borrowing money for his flat might have opened up to some form of leverage, this is no different.

Except ministers don’t give out contacts. There are procedures and procurement people for that.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Except ministers don’t give out contacts. There are procedures and procurement people for that.

You think there are procedures and procurements in this government lol 

19 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

How radicalised do you have to be to look at the current government and think "Yup, still better than Labour..."

Or how bad is the perception of Labour as a credible govt ??

starmer is playing up top for Man City against an U12 school football team …….. if he can’t score a hatful then he’s inept.  Makes you wonder how much baggage some of these politicians have ……..

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Or how bad is the perception of Labour as a credible govt ??

starmer is playing up top for Man City against an U12 school football team …….. if he can’t score a hatful then he’s inept.  Makes you wonder how much baggage some of these politicians have ……..

But in a way, with how bad this lot are, he shouldn't even need to score. The Tories are banging in own goal after own goal, and the biggest complaint seems to be Starmer isn't scoring enough, not that the Tories are scoring the own goals in the first place. I've said before Labour unelectableness seems to be a reason to side with the tories, but the tories unelectableness doesn't seem to mean siding with Labour. At what point does it swing from "Well this lot are shit, but he's not doing a lot about it" to "Well this lot are so shit, he must be a better option, even if he's not great"

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But in a way, with how bad this lot are, he shouldn't even need to score. The Tories are banging in own goal after own goal, and the biggest complaint seems to be Starmer isn't scoring enough, not that the Tories are scoring the own goals in the first place. I've said before Labour unelectableness seems to be a reason to side with the tories, but the tories unelectableness doesn't seem to mean siding with Labour. At what point does it swing from "Well this lot are shit, but he's not doing a lot about it" to "Well this lot are so shit, he must be a better option, even if he's not great"

starmers job is to highlight the own goals ……. It’s almost like he thinks there’s no point at the moment as we’re so far away from an election 

Boris Johnson still supporting Hancock after what he did definitely confirms to me that he's incompetent and willing to put his friends first before the public.

If Hancock was at any other employer with CCTV footage, he'd very likely to be suspended or sacked.

Of course, Johnson is not perfect himself - for example, in stating that he'd rather have a "stockpiles of bodies" lined up rather than to plan another lockdown.

There needs to be more governance, literally, in putting these people into harsh questioning and investigations - for the public's best interests.

It's embarrassing.

Edited by Wymsey

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

How radicalised do you have to be to look at the current government and think "Yup, still better than Labour..."

How bad are Labour that most people believe it would have been just as bad a sht show if not worse. Is it radicalisation or acceptance that what on offer from both the main parties amounts to clueless or more clueless. If I look in my life time  the most hated pm of all time Margaret Thatcher was probably the most competent. What effect on the electorate did the Libs have in deciding it was better for the nation to back the Tories over Labour when the chioce was theirs?

Seems to me like she wasnt overly interested in that kiss. Perhaps she was just playing him a little kiss here or there..he thinks he is going to eiffel tower it meanwhile shes trying to potentially "hook" her brother up with a contract.

Has to resign as does any politician. Given the nature of their roles and how blackmail can be used  it's just a thing they need to be held to account on. She has to go too.

See if she still wants your saliva then mate.

Feel sad for their respective families.

I’m surprised he hasn’t resigned, and he should. The whole country’s laughing at him and/or believes he’s corrupt, the PM’s called him hopeless, giving him a tag line of “Hopeless Hancock”, and now he’s humiliated his family in public. I can’t see this woman hanging around either. At the very least, you’d think he’d be desperate to get out of the public eye, to start mending the remnants of his shattered life and reputation. I’m sure people will say he’s ambitious, but what good is that when everything around you is falling apart? And I don’t think he needs to “see the pandemic out” anymore either - I’m sure Nadim Zahawi can be given the Department of Health job, given he’s been minister in charge of the vaccine rollout for months.

I do think Hancock got a lot of kicking that he didn’t deserve for many months - it often comes across to me that people forget what a desperate situation the country and the world was in 15 or so months ago and don’t make allowances for it. But this feels like the man’s very foundations crumbling. Frankly I’d rather have him on suicide watch than running a government department right now.