Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Quite sad 

We all laugh and mock the bloke for being a complete twat, but we all forget the human implications of all this. Those kids will be mocked to shit, the wife whose affairs are the knowledge of the entire country. 

2 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Can you explain why you think he's "spineless"?

I'm not currently a Labour voter, but given the work he did pre-politics that's not a word I'd use to describe him. Also quite an amusing description given the incumbent government's behaviour and management of the past 48 hours. 

The blokes always always sitting on the fence,  

who is the real Keir starmer

9 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

The blokes always always sitting on the fence,  

who is the real Keir starmer

A bloke who actually has the bollocks to sack wrong'uns in his party when he has to, unlike the soppy mop opposite him...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Dont know if you've noticed who's in charge of the country at the minute, but it isn't him. Peoples genuine criticism and concerns of the current governing party are never discussed, because they are always met by some hypothetical scenario that you've dreamed up about how shit the other one might be. Why? Why can't you discuss the performance of Johnson? There might be criticisms of Starmer, and you're free to discuss them, but why are they used to ignore the criticisms of Johnson? And that's where the "But Labour" complaint comes from. You're free to criticise them, but stop using it to dodge talking about the poor performance of the government.

Also Labour and Starmer in particular can do no right anyway. If they challenge the government on their mishandling of the pandemic or public funds, they are playing politics with the pandemic, if they hold off, they are weak. And why are people so desperate for him to spell out what he might do in an election three years away, we don't usually expect that from opposition leaders this early in an election cycle, and what would be the point if all drowned out by the current reaction to the pandemic. 

I just think any government would be in a loose loose situation  during this pandemic, yes your right borris does deserve criticism on some of his actions, I’m not denying that, but on the the other hand, you can’t deny his passion for the nation, and what about the successful vaccine rollout? You ask me to criticise him (which I have) but on the other hand, do you praise him for good he’s done (little may be)

I generally believe in current politicians he is the best from a bad bunch

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The successful vaccine rollout is not on the govt at all.  That's all the people in the NHS and the countless volunteers seeing it through.

Yes it is!! Without the government ordering them when they did, we secured them early. Unlike most of Europe making the move to late!! 

• Like 3

Just now, Kingleicester said:

Yes it is!! Without the government ordering them when they did, we secured them early. Unlike most of Europe making the move to late!! 

There's more to it than just chucking cash at it.  Govt also chucked a load of cash on garbage PPE, so what?

It's the people in the system that make it work.  And the countless volunteers.

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The successful vaccine rollout is not on the govt at all.  That's all the people in the NHS and the countless volunteers seeing it through.

2 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Spot on @Kingleicester. Very much a team effort. We should applaud ALL involved, yes even the Govt.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

I just think any government would be in a loose loose situation  during this pandemic, yes your right borris does deserve criticism on some of his actions, I’m not denying that, but on the the other hand, you can’t deny his passion for the nation, and what about the successful vaccine rollout? You ask me to criticise him (which I have) but on the other hand, do you praise him for good he’s done (little may be)

The government aren't in a lose lose situation. If you act swiftly and purposely you can come out of this looking good. Or you can dither and waste time, waste money on track and trace, not get enough PPE, send covid infected people back to care homes when you said they were ring fenced etc the list goes on. 

You're entitled to think he's the best of a bad bunch, I think he's useless, and the worst of a bad bunch, but Labour and Starmer don't need to be mentioned everytime Johnson is criticised does he? And Johnson and the Tories are always likely to be talked about and criticised more as the governing party. You might think he'd be worse, I don't so it offers nothing to the discussion. Can we not talk about Johnson, good or bad without it flicking straight over to Starmer? I don't need reminding of you're thoughts on Starmer everytime Johnson ****s up.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The government aren't in a lose lose situation. If you act swiftly and purposely you can come out of this looking good. Or you can dither and waste time, waste money on track and trace, not get enough PPE, send covid infected people back to care homes when you said they were ring fenced etc the list goes on. 

You're entitled to think he's the best of a bad bunch, I think he's useless, and the worst of a bad bunch, but Labour and Starmer don't need to be mentioned everytime Johnson is criticised does he? And Johnson and the Tories are always likely to be talked about and criticised more as the governing party. You might think he'd be worse, I don't so it offers nothing to the discussion. Can we not talk about Johnson, good or bad without it flicking straight over to Starmer? I don't need reminding of you're thoughts on Starmer everytime Johnson ****s up.

Bit  hypocritical asking for positive talk on Johnson from your self I’m sure if you did have anything positive to say on him, instead of all depressing talk, you would probably end up spontaneous combustion 

• Haha 1

Just now, Kingleicester said:

Bit  hypocritical asking for positive talk on Johnson from your self I’m sure if you did have anything positive to say on him, instead of all depressing talk, you would probably end up spontaneous combustion 

I'm not asking you to talk positive about Starmer, I'm saying every criticism of Johnson doesn't have to be met with a comment on Starmer. 

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not asking you to talk positive about Starmer, I'm saying every criticism of Johnson doesn't have to be met with a comment on Starmer. 

This is the inherent issue of politics becoming less about what's good for the country and more a team competition. 

At this point out shouldn't be about my team / your team but about what's going to benefit the country most. That would be the removal of many senior politicians in government. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Yet the UK has the 5th highest rIsing cases of Covid in the World. You'd have to be Tommy not the recognise that level of incompetence.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

'His passion for the nation'? So is that something that can only be afforded to Johnson? Would Starmer not have 'passion for the nation' ?! 

If that's all you can give credit for to Johnson then it's not much, is it? Considering there's been 18 months (nearly) of this pandemic, is that all it takes to back him?

A successful vaccine rollout can only be afforded to Johnson for so much as well. Yes there was the purchase of them all in their millions, but who's been dishing them out? All the volunteers and NHS staff but they rarely get as much credit do they, especially from the government?

It's difficult for a non-Tory to praise Johnson because of all the utter shite that comes along with his 'leadership'. If he has such passion for his nation I'd have expected far better successes and achievements under his tenure than what we see now. The country is hardly revelling as a result of it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

'His passion for the nation'? So is that something that can only be afforded to Johnson? Would Starmer not have 'passion for the nation' ?! 

If that's all you can give credit for to Johnson then it's not much, is it? Considering there's been 18 months (nearly) of this pandemic, is that all it takes to back him?

A successful vaccine rollout can only be afforded to Johnson for so much as well. Yes there was the purchase of them all in their millions, but who's been dishing them out? All the volunteers and NHS staff but they rarely get as much credit do they, especially from the government?

It's difficult for a non-Tory to praise Johnson because of all the utter shite that comes along with his 'leadership'. If he has such passion for his nation I'd have expected far better successes and achievements under his tenure than what we see now. The country is hardly revelling as a result of it.

Isn't any party leader in possession of passion for the nation by proxy? That would be a major force in the decision to become a politician, surely? 

I can't imagine where a person is ambivalent to the fortunes of the country but decides to attempt to govern it. 

17 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Isn't any party leader in possession of passion for the nation by proxy? That would be a major force in the decision to become a politician, surely? 

I can't imagine where a person is ambivalent to the fortunes of the country but decides to attempt to govern it. 

So Johnson has something that he is required to have, and that's the only thing going for him?