Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

So a TV channel is set up apparently promoting free speech or free thought now pulls up someone for doing what is their right to do lol

Seeing those two posts in contradiction with each other is great.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So a TV channel is set up apparently promoting free speech or free thought now pulls up someone for doing what is their right to do lol

Seeing those two posts in contradiction with each other is great.

What standards has he breached?

https://metro.co.uk/video/gb-news-reporter-takes-knee-discussion-2459483/?ito=vjs-link

Is there one about being a bit cringe?

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

A couple of points off this: 

1) The complete disdain to the younger generation. And people wonder why they hate their elders lol 

2) The free school meal part. The woman literally says that because the government said we can’t afford it, it’s unaffordable and we have to find the money from somewhere. Yet it’s so easy to look it up and know this is an absolute pittance to afford beside all the other projects the government are actively working on at present. Why do people so easily believe whatever the Tories tell them? 

Otherwise I thought it was a rather good good watch. As expected the Buy British platform seems to go over well yet there’s a level of skepticism over its plausibility which is understandable. I do believe it’s something this country desperately needs however.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

A couple of points off this: 

1) The complete disdain to the younger generation. And people wonder why they hate their elders lol 

Yeah, slightly disappointed Starmer didn't stick up for the youth a bit more when those weird tropes were being fired off. Guy knows he's got to grin and bear it a bit though sadly if he wants these necessary votes back in places like Blackpool.

Coincidentally, Blackpool South's new Tory MP has been creaming it off the gambling firms despite representing one of the most poverty-stricken bits of the country, where there are significant problems with gambling...

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/politics/blackpool-south-mp-scott-benton-accepted-almost-ps8000-in-free-wimbledon-royal-ascot-and-euro-2020-tickets-from-gambling-industry-3309176

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

wow how useless do you have to be to not defend your biggest voter demographic from hostile boomer reactionaries? Imagine if Boris Johnson was told "Brexit voters are all dumb, fat racists" he just came back with "well some of them aren't". Keir Starmer is exceptionally bad at his job. Coudn't manage his shit into a pan.

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We're being led by ****ing clowns, we really are.

I don't get how he finds time to be a Cabinet minister.

I'd have thought playing Gollum in the new LOTR series would have kept him busy.

• Haha 1

Boomer reactionaries are funny. They still use the term millennials to mean any young person under 25. I'm a millennial and I'm pushing 40. The disdain for the youths is shocking. 

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We're being led by ****ing clowns, we really are.

4 hours ago, Buce said:

I don't get how he finds time to be a Cabinet minister.

I'd have thought playing Gollum in the new LOTR series would have kept him busy.

Blimey :o

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Blimey :o

Blimey what?

Can you not see the likeness?

On 16/03/2019 at 08:00, Buce said:

Gollum

Homesecretary.jpg.6c3df349d7654e0170879e257ccb559c.jpg

Sajid Javid

Gollum.jpg.f94407979c85fc17fc00c053226a753f.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

He's starting an OnlyFans isn't he?

I didn't know shit faced frog like grifter was a career but there we go. But he's apparently off to GB News where he'll no doubt get 10s of viewers.

4905.jpg?width=940&quality=45&auto=forma

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I didn't know shit faced frog like grifter was a career but there we go. But he's apparently off to GB News where he'll no doubt get 10s of viewers.

That'll be an improvement then:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jul/15/gb-news-shows-attracted-zero-viewers-after-boycott-over-taking-the-knee?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1626384899

• Like 2

Just now, Buce said:

That's actually a very good cartoon. Cartoonists haven't been making hay with the sun shining as they should and have become a little shallow and immediate perhaps. This one is ... better.

16 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It seems like that new programme is for rejects/has-beens.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Unusual to see a rat joining a sinking ship.

Edited by Dunge
  • Like 1

I sometimes get addicted to watching GB news as it’s car crash TV  , usually it’s an embarrassed looking ex BBC presenter forced to sit next to a young giggling ex Brexit party candidate. 
Someone on here was telling me a few weeks ago that it was giving a balanced view of the news 😂😂 then Farage joins 🙈

• Like 1