Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

11 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Some saying this isolation U turn by Johnson and Sunak could be their Poll tax / Black Wednesday. I doubt it, but we live in hope…

I’d argue this isn’t in the worst 5 things they’ve done this pandemic, I’d be surprised if it’s remembered in a week’s time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Finnaldo said:

I’d argue this isn’t in the worst 5 things they’ve done this pandemic, I’d be surprised if it’s remembered in a week’s time.

This is where Labour need to be proactive by keeping it in the news.

A constant reminder of every cock-up the Tories have made is what's needed.

• Like 4

Just now, Buce said:

To be fair, when that’s been attempted (best example I can think of is the whole Christmas disaster) Starmer was called ‘Captain Hindsight’, laughed at and the Tories carried on as they were. 

Maybe I’m being pessimistic but the usual excuses always come out and they always get away with it. Can’t see it changing quickly.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Yep, they need to learn from the Tories.

Labelling the 'Delta' variant the Johnson variant was a good start.

I agree with that, Delta is the big one they should be exploiting as it’s by far the biggest fvck up since the early days of doing nothing back in Feb 2020, and now they don’t have the “how were we to know?” excuse. 

They've lacked for years a Alastair Campbell or Peter Mandelson, a nasty bastard who knows how to cut through the bollocks and shine a light on the government to make them look a bit vulnerable. Of course it would need to be updated for the world of social media? but it could probably help with Starmer’s struggle to connect with the public too. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

No other government in history, Labour or Tory, would have been dense enough to try and pull that stunt in the first place.

Maybe true.

This government has now done it twice and got away with it once. 

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

E6glGJhXEAMF37W?format=jpg&name=large

Poor, that's not how Venn diagrams work:  The middle would have to be a term containing all 3 of saj, jav and cov.  To make OPs point this should be a single circle containing the three outer terms and titled -id.

I'm available to appear at your next party.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/07/2021 at 13:47, HighPeakFox said:

If the press wanted to help Labour/damage the Tories, they would. So it is they who decide how the significant minority votes.

Labour’s a lost cause without Scotland. Any centre-leaning Labour Party will fail because of Blair and his cronies. Until Scotland gets sick of Sturgeon’s empty promises, there won’t be a Labour government unfortunately.

Labour’s recent history is a far bigger issue than the press unfortunately.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Anyone know what happened to the 'Who are you voting for' thread? 

45 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I assume it got knocked because of increasingly angry exchanges.

There was one person flinging mud at 'middle-class posh boys' and basically contradicting himself like an absolute legend. Nobody else was being 'angry'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Foxestalk Elects (W/C 19/07)

Who was at fault for the “Who are you voting for” thread going down?

Leftie Snowflakes: 14% (-2)

Tory Scumbastards: 17% (+4)

Mods: 6% (-1)

UpTheLeagueFox: 64% (-1)

All %s to 1% margin of error.

I'll wait for Survation, thanks lol

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

There was one person flinging mud at 'middle-class posh boys' and basically contradicting himself like an absolute legend. Nobody else was being 'angry'.

Well, maybe it was just the one then. I assumed it might escalate from there once the two sides clashed.

4 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Well, maybe it was just the one then. I assumed it might escalate from there once the two sides clashed.

It wasn't going well, I admit, so pulling it was probably wise. In the end I was discussing it with Suzie, and we're good pals.

On 18/07/2021 at 13:39, Buce said:

Why do Labour then keep changing their stance, and not offer a real solution? Thank God they are not in power, when we would soon have found out what a real cock is like. The headless chicken party.  :yesyes: :yesyes:

29 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Why do Labour then keep changing their stance, and not offer a real solution? Thank God they are not in power, when we would soon have found out what a real cock is like. The headless chicken party.  :yesyes: :yesyes:

Isn't constant u-turns and change of stances one of the hallmarks of this government the last 18 months? I can think of Eat Out To Help Out, Local Lockdowns, the entire Christmas conundrum and delay of the 21 June restrictions off the top of my head. That’s not including the entire ‘leaving India on the Amber list so we can a trade deal then getting absolutely ravaged by delta before we’re done vaccinating’ issue that we’re currently experiencing. 

In regards to Labour changing their stance: what are they supposed to do as opposition? The situation is constantly changing, not least due to constant u turns and policy switches from the government, are they supposed to just pretend what’s currently happening isn’t and say “this is exactly what we’d do from the March 2020”, and lay out a complete alternative history? The point of the opposition is to hold the government to account. 

Besides, they’ve laid out what they’d do differently: not put a trade deal ahead of allowing a much more transmissible variant into the country much earlier than it would otherwise. If that was the case we’d have unlocked in June and the Kent variant would still be dominant; there’d be significantly less hospitalisations and by the time Delta really landed we’d be much further ahead of vaccination. Sounds much better than what the current lot has put us through.

• Like 3

On 18/07/2021 at 13:39, Buce said:

It can be part of a strategy of course, but generally speaking as the opposition I think they would be better off telling us what they would do differently.  Hard at the moment I know, but once we get through this they need to present a coherent plan for recovery and managing future outbreaks which goes beyond give everyone in the NHS a pay rise.