Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

5 hours ago, doverfox said:

Capitalism means the lack of drivers /staff isnt the governments problem or as some would suggest the prime ministers but that of the chairmen of the companies who dont have enough staff and just saying its because we arent allowing low paid labour to enter the job market pretty much goes against everything labour and the unions should be fighting for. 

Find it incredible tbh.The last few weeks have been depressing to say the least.Watching what seems to be a majority of left wingers fight for the capitalists argument

Credit to Alf Bentley,who wrote a couple of excellent -what should have been done- posts.Something I would’ve liked to have heard someone/anyone say from the Labour Party.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Sweeeeeepppssstttaaaaaaaakkee!!

Im going Diane Abbot just for sh*ts and gigs. 

14CEED6D-CBFE-4156-A94B-0FBCDD3305C9.jpeg

That would probably be the most productive thing Labour could do to gain some headway.

17 minutes ago, bovril said:

Great to hear from Brexiters that empty shelves were not in fact "project fear" but part of the planned transition to our new economic model. 

I didn't notice that remainers were predicting a world wide pandemic would happen at the same time as Brexit, but I might have missed it in the rest of the project fear scaremongering.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

Remainers didn't need to predict it. 

The pandemic started in March 2020, 9 months before the trade barriers went up. I assume (hope) the UK government understood that Brexit would be happening at the same time as a global pandemic. 

Many many brexiteers are not in government positions.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:
If you need any proof that this 'woke' nonsense is just confected culture war crap used for grifting right-wing idiots, please refer yourself to this tweet.

The left and right blame the other side for the 'culture war' and in truth both sides do it and it's bolllocks and helps nobody.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

If you need any proof that this 'woke' nonsense is just confected culture war crap used for grifting right-wing idiots, please refer yourself to this tweet.

**** me, can't somebody people actually know spout this stuff? Googling these nobodies is very time consuming.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58711151

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/oct/04/tory-party-top-female-donor-lubov-chernukhin-vast-offshore-empire-husband

What a dystopian reality we live in, shady multi millionaires and billionaires queuing up to give obscene amounts of dodgy money to the Conservative party. Wonder why they do that? It’s not like the Tories are the party of the elite and super rich is it?

All these billionaires paying to meet de Pffefel and Sunak every month behind closed doors, in between all those regular meetings with the Murdochs of the world…wonder what they discuss? 🤔 Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s not ‘levelling up’. Welcome to Britain for the oligarchs. A reminder to the Tory voters here who are not one of the 1%: Johnson et al have more desire to please the likes of those revealed in the Pandora and Paradise Papers than anything else. They always have and always will. Culture wars, flagshagging and tabloid smears are just their way of making the ordinary man acquiesce, inadvertently to their detriment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, What the Fuchs? said:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/oct/04/tory-party-top-female-donor-lubov-chernukhin-vast-offshore-empire-husband

What a dystopian reality we live in, shady multi millionaires and billionaires queuing up to give obscene amounts of dodgy money to the Conservative party. Wonder why they do that? It’s not like the Tories are the party of the elite and super rich is it?

All these billionaires paying to meet de Pffefel and Sunak every month behind closed doors, in between all those regular meetings with the Murdochs of the world…wonder what they discuss? 🤔 Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s not ‘levelling up’. Welcome to Britain for the oligarchs. A reminder to the Tory voters here who are not one of the 1%: Johnson et al have more desire to please the likes of those revealed in the Pandora and Paradise Papers than anything else. They always have and always will. Culture wars, flagshagging and tabloid smears are just their way of making the ordinary man acquiesce, inadvertently to their detriment.

Did you not want to mention the last elected labour PMs dodgy expose? 

5 hours ago, What the Fuchs? said:

It’s not like the Labour Party were short on dodgy dealings during their 13 years in power.

Just from memory I can count the F1 donation for tobacco sponsorship, cash for passports, cash for access, altered dossiers etc etc.

Thats without looking into TBs own dodgy behaviour in the paradise papers. The country is, was and always will be corrupt from the top down. Take what you can where you can.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

I agree that Blair was involved in some dodgy deals and schmoozing the rich and powerful, but we all know he was not an ordinary Labour leader - moulded by Thatcherism and 18 years of the Tories gaining power by schmoozing these very same people, their natural ally. But let’s not pretend that Labour and Conservative parties are in any way similar in their history of involvement and supporting of billionaire interests: the Tories’ raison d’etre throughout history has been to protect the interests of the wealthy, to prevent land and wealth distribution that would harm the financial interests of its donors in any way possible, whether that’s denying voting rights, or neglecting improving the lives of workers.

What we have now is a government ran by the obscenely rich and powerful elite, for the rich and powerful elite - it’s no coincidence that these billionaires secretly meet with Johnson and Sunak every month, and the government seek to address economic troubles by raising national insurance contributions to harm ordinary people and prioritise cutting Universal Credit, instead of going after the billionaires and corporations paying little or no tax here, many of whom happen to be Tory donors. Sunak was asked if he was ashamed that London is now the capital for money laundering, and he essentially said no. This is Tory and Brexit Britain - our government relishes deregulation and tax avoidance so much it is not shameful to cosy up to the interests of the elite as long as they fund their media disinformation campaigns to keep the ordinary people being harmed by the their duplicity on side. (Brexit just allows more of this deregulation) No wonder their supporters stick to whataboutery even when confronted with the starkest evidence that this government, never mind the Tories in the past, are for the interests of their billionaire donors, not you, me or anyone on this forum.

The scandal not long ago where Richard Desmond got a corrupt backroom deal with Robert Jenrick at a Tory fundraiser was met by the Tories with the claim: ‘everyone has the same access to ministers as Desmond’. So basically you want a favour, a tax break, inside tips? Pay a fortune to go to a Tory party fundraiser, maybe pay millions for a tennis match with Johnson - or just donate a few million and you can pretty much dictate government policy behind closed doors; the choice is yours. This is what makes me sick every time I’m up north and see my neighbours reading the Express or the Mail - papers like these and others are literally the voice of these same people in the Pandora Papers, filtered in ways to manipulate readers who really have nothing in common with their interests into believing they do.

Without Blair, a conservative in your eyes, Labour have not won an election for nearly 50 years.

Its impossible to know what characteristics they hold, they’ve reinvented themselves 4 times in my lifetime and bounce from one side to the other.

How do we know what Labour Party we will be getting?

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1