Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

19 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Political ideology is a tricky one. What do they mean by teaching "woke left ideology"?

I teach KS1 children, so party politics doesn't tend to crop up. But because I try to teach them not to be back-stabbing arseholes that only look out for themselves, does that mean I'm pushing anti-conservative ideology? :ph34r:

But i bet you also teach kids that if they put in the effort they will be rewarded. You capitalist swine.

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

At least we've now got one party who deal with complete wrong'uns in their ranks...

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

"Paul Hynes QC, defending, read out a string of character references from figures including former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, ex-shadow chancellor John McDonnell and former shadow home secretary Diane Abbott."

The old guard really weren’t the best judges of character were they?

FBmmFBDWYAAPYAx?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/10/2021 at 02:01, sdb said:

Or The Mail or Express or twitter or Facebook. 

To be honest, anyone left supporting the tories now is absolutely ****ed in the head. There's literally nothing to be impressed with or proud of, unless you're one of their donors who's taking tax payers money to line your own pockets.

One can realise (quite early on lets be honest) that this current leadership is unfit for the task of managing the pandemic, and has mixed success in most other things.  I suspect most Left leaning moderates also realised Jeremy Corbyn's labour would be a disaster.  Neither means people should or will ditch their overall leanings.  I reman right of centre economically, but pretty centrist in everything else.  Having moved to Australia recently my main gripe on UK politics would be the failure to actually maintain the country.  The general standard of schools, parks, public areas is so much better here.  The UK has lost its civic pride somewhere along the way which is sad.  I agree this is probably a funding issue.  The other thing i note as I put my kids into school this week is that over here I am expected to provide basically everything the kids use at school from books to pencils to tissues to whiteboard markers for the classroom in Primary, and to a laptop for my daughter in high school.  No doubt this frees up cash for the school to spend on other things.  There is Government support for those on benefits to provide such funds for their children.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

One can realise (quite early on lets be honest) that this current leadership is unfit for the task of managing the pandemic, and has mixed success in most other things.  I suspect most Left leaning moderates also realised Jeremy Corbyn's labour would be a disaster.  Neither means people should or will ditch their overall leanings.  I reman right of centre economically, but pretty centrist in everything else.  Having moved to Australia recently my main gripe on UK politics would be the failure to actually maintain the country.  The general standard of schools, parks, public areas is so much better here.  The UK has lost its civic pride somewhere along the way which is sad.  I agree this is probably a funding issue.  The other thing i note as I put my kids into school this week is that over here I am expected to provide basically everything the kids use at school from books to pencils to tissues to whiteboard markers for the classroom in Primary, and to a laptop for my daughter in high school.  No doubt this frees up cash for the school to spend on other things.  There is Government support for those on benefits to provide such funds for their children.

Perth is easily the cleanest city I've ever been to - no litter, no graffiti, no street beggars; it's definitely a much better environment to bring up your kids.

Incidentally, an Aussie mate linked me to this the other day, which may be of interest to you and @WigstonWanderer; @ozleicester

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Perth is easily the cleanest city I've ever been to - no litter, no graffiti, no street beggars; it's definitely a much better environment to bring up your kids.

Incidentally, an Aussie mate linked me to this the other day, which may be of interest to you and @WigstonWanderer; @ozleicester

We watched the amount of maintenance going on for 2 weeks out of our quarantine hotel window.  They have actual real people who work for the City cleaning and mowing and setting up for events and taking stuff down again and clearing away the litter!  Loads of them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

We watched the amount of maintenance going on for 2 weeks out of our quarantine hotel window.  They have actual real people who work for the City cleaning and mowing and setting up for events and taking stuff down again and clearing away the litter!  Loads of them!

What's the tax situation like out there?

You'd think with amount we pay for council tax we pay we'd have fantastically maintained parks, clean streets and pothole free roads.  

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

The Tories have opened up a 10-point lead, according to YouGov...

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

I give up.

27 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Ah, yes. Welcome to the Give Up Club. I've been a member of it for a while now.

Would you like a shit sandwich? 

DON'T PANIC
DON'T PANIC
IT'S A YOU GOV POLL
RUN BY BIASED TORIES ETC ETC