Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

22 minutes ago, bovril said:

People are so apathetic at the moment, so happy to accept mediocrity. Even the vaccine drive stalled after a great start, Brexit is "not that bad". Not sure if the population don't realise how poorly some people live here or if they don't care.

Most don't care until it directly, and significantly affects them. The good old right-wing attitude. 

It's a mixture of total apathy, and straight up ignorance, sadly. Many people aren't interested in politics, which I can empathise with TBH. 

However it means that they base their votes on totally top-line policies, and headline reporting - and there's only going to be one outcome in this country when people consume the toxic drivel pumped out by the likes of the Mail and the Sun en masse.

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Would like to mention 20,000 people have crossed the channe this year. So even if your political view is to the right, they are doing a thoroughly shit job there too 

This is what it's about. This is what it's always been about. Keeping out Johnny Foreigner. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Would like to mention 20,000 people have crossed the channe this year. So even if your political view is to the right, they are doing a thoroughly shit job there too 

That will get less as it gets harder to cross Europe. Ironically, Johnson and Patel will be saved by anti-refugee policies in the EU.

They judge the public mood so well…

One part that struck me about the BBC story on this was that it said Tory MPs were furious they were forced into voting for it - a reminder that MPs often don’t have the freedom to think independently…

Owen Paterson row: A quick but damaging U-turn https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59166121

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Owen Paterson is resigning lol

What a shambolic week in politics. 

Him resigning is good but it doesn't solve the sleaze in the party and government right now. Just one less bad apple in the basket... 

He's got other jobs that obviously pay better anyway lol.

He'll be back under some guise or another at some point, they all are.

• Like 2

I made some amendments to his statement "I maintain that I am totally innocent of what I have been accused  found guilty of and I acted at all times in the interests of public health and safety my employer by illegally lobbying."

It was awful what happened to him in his personal life, but you're guilty as charged Owen and let's not use a personal tragedy as a shield for blatant corruption within political office.  Good riddance.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Which, you've not commented on at all over the last two days of obvious corruption. It's almost like you've been waiting for the Webbe verdict so you can change the subject... lol:ph34r:

I didn't realise the Webbe verdict was due today until today, darling  :kissing:

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Which, you've not commented on at all over the last two days of obvious corruption. It's almost like you've been waiting for the Webbe verdict so you can change the subject... lol:ph34r:

Ooh look, it's Claudia Webbe doing something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Excellent post and I agree 100%.

This will be controversial but I'll risk taking flak on it because I just need to say it. 

Corbyn and Momentum are directly responsible for this government. They failed to learn from the Michael Foot era and persisted with someone who was clearly unpopular within his own party and whose judgement of character and situations was so poor it gave the Tories the easiest ammunition in the world. With Miliband the best they could come up with was 'doesn't he look daft when eating a bacon sandwich' or ‘Edstone lol’; With Corbyn they could say he lays wreaths for terrorists, has a knack of being involved with anti-semites and here are pictures of him actually doing it. The context was lost because it was an easy headline. He was such a poor judgement of character that two of the MPs he dropped into safe seats in Peterborough and Leicester are now convicted criminals. The latter of whom is sentenced today for harassment and threatening to throw acid over a love rival, and Corbyn gave her a ****ing character reference. 

He should have gone after Brexit, he definitely should have gone after 2017 but he persisted and instead of listening to everyone telling him he’d lose badly, he went up against one of the most hated governments and didn’t just lose badly, he gifted them the biggest majority they’d had for 80 years. Even then he still wouldn’t ****ing go and was convinced they’d won the argument. To steal a Jonathan Pie quote about Hilary losing to Trump: how SHIT do you have to be to lose to that?

People moan about Starmer being useless but what the **** is he suppose to do? They have an 80 seat majority. The only way this government will lose a vote is if enough of their MPs vote against their own side, which just won’t happen, especially when their PM literally kicks them out of the ****ing party for not obeying him. Even Churchill’s grandson wasn’t safe. 

For Starmer currently it’s like he’s a Leyton Orient team playing against Man City on Yeovil’s old sloped pitch with Stevie Wonder in goal and half the team out with coronavirus. Defeat is inevitable. Unless he pulls off a miracle, which he probably won’t, the very best we can hope for is that he claws back enough seats to make the next leader more able to be effective. Keeping another far left loon out of the running for that is the most important thing he can do. 

We are perennially ****ed and I will never forgive Corbyn, Momentum or his supporters for it. 

Starmer is definitely PART of the problem though. For instance, like him or not, if Andy Burnham was in charge of Labour they would be doing significantly better in the polls.

• Thanks 1