Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

WBA ..pre match thread.

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Same formation but drop one of Castagne/Ricardo for Thomas imo. Thomas' crossing could be a useful tool to unlock West Brom.

I'd definitely bring in Thomas on the left side, He's good at getting forward and with Soyuncu covering behid him I don't see any downside.

I wouldn't drop either of the Ricky or Timmy I'd just play one in front of the other. We know they work well together while Timmy is not nearly as effective on the left as he is on the right.

His stats clearly tell us that he's less effective on the left.

Other than that the rest picks itself with the choice between Maddison and Perez for the support role.

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd definitely bring in Thomas on the left side, He's good at getting forward and with Soyuncu covering behid him I don't see any downside.

I wouldn't drop either of the Ricky or Timmy I'd just play one in front of the other. We know they work well together while Timmy is not nearly as effective on the left as he is on the right.

His stats clearly tell us that he's less effective on the left.

Other than that the rest picks itself with the choice between Maddison and Perez for the support role.

Ok, so you want to bring Thomas in, keep Ricardo and Timmy and play either Perez or Maddison, so who are you dropping?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, filbertway said:

If we start with the same dog muck formation I fancy us to be losing at half time again. 

Run off and join the ESL would you...

These next couple are huge! 

Whilst it all seemed a bit doom and gloom after the West Ham game, results since have gone nicely in our favour. 

A win here would take us back to 4 clear of West Ham with Liverpool playing Man U & West Ham playing Chelsea at the weekend in which more points will be dropped! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Ok, so you want to bring Thomas in, keep Ricardo and Timmy and play either Perez or Maddison, so who are you dropping?

It would be horses for courses so to speak. I'd rest some players in each game depending on who the opposition is. Keeping them all fresh.

It's really about the balance of the team. The obvious is a CB or Forward. There's games we can go with a 4 at the back.

Up Front Kelechi seems to play better with Vardy than without. So difficult to leave either out

They both play better with someone in support, Again difficult to leave Maddison or Perez out.

So in some games it would have to be Ricky or Timmy also. I just don't think Timmy is as effective as Thomas on the left. 

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Run off and join the ESL would you...

I've been reading all morning about how we have a better squad than Spurs but I'm a glory boy fan because I want to see convincing performances against the dregs of the league lol

Schmeichel

Castagne

Fofana

Soy

Thomas

Wilf

Youri

Ricardo

Maddison

Albrighton

Kel

Would be my go to. Maddion basically pushed up working as a deep lying striker though.

Other option is 4 4 2 with Vardy in for Maddison. Either way, we look so much better with 2 players on each flank and building out attacks out wide.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-press-conference-live-5320370

14:02JORDAN BLACKWELL
Ricardo on the left?
“It’s the choice we made for that game. Both can play on either side. Ricky is coming back from a long-term injury. He took a blow to his calf but hopefully should be fine. Timothy showed his combination play. Both of those players can play the position well.”

14:01JORDAN BLACKWELL
Will it happen?
“We don’t know. It’s hard to predict the future of the game. If this was done years ago, which teams would have been in? It’s so hard to forecast. What we all have a notion to do is protect the game. Sport is about competing and progressing on merit and not what you’ve done historically. There will be a lot of conversations.”

14:01JORDAN BLACKWELL
Informed about the Super League plans before they broke?
“I have a good relationship with Susan Whelan and she informs me of what’s happening, but for everyone it came as a surprise in terms of what’s put out there. The level of emotion that has come out. It was news to us all. We need to think logically about what we can do.”

“I’ve got a call with Susan later. I haven’t seen her face to face at Wembley. I’ll have a cup of tea with her later. Leicester are an example of a club where you can challenge the hierarchy and that’s through a sound business model and performing on the pitch. Susan has led the club brilliantly. We’ve seen the progress. Her relationship with Top gives the club a strong foundation. The fans can be grateful that the ownership know it’s about the supporters. Susan leads that connection between the ownership and the club.”

14:00JORDAN BLACKWELL
Fans at Bradgate Park?
“I went into one of the little shops, it was very nice, and then had a nice walk. They were just happy. The notion of Leicester being in an FA Cup final, you could see it on their faces. I’ve been taken aback by the stories. The club had a season ticket at Wembley in the 60s. There’s a real affinity for it. They are very proud of the team. Hopefully we can make them prouder.”

Squad update?
“Nothing new to what we had at the weekend. It will be similar guys. There’s nobody else coming in. It will be the same squad.”

West Brom?
“It will be a very dangerous game for us. He will have been happy with the business. They showed against Chelsea and Southampton they are dangerous. Defensively they are strong. They have dynamic players. It’s the beauty of this league. Teams at the bottom are fighting for different reasons.”

FA Cup final?
“There’s been a great feeling over the last couple of days. After the game there was an incredible feeling of achievement. I pulled everyone in this morning and said it’s a victory for us all, it’s not just the team, it’s everyone, the chefs, they’re all connected to the success. You can’t be comfortable with it. It’s been over 50 years, but when that comes we want to win it. You don’t soften up. We want to be challenging. We want to set our base camp and head to the summit of this league. We’re in it to challenge and fight to win it. We celebrate it, but then we get focused and get working and prepare for our next game. I’m delighted for the club, Khun Top, the people of Leicester, I’ve heard stories about what it means. I was out in Bradgate Park and speaking to supporters about other finals. If you can bring that joy, it makes you happy. But I want to win it and make the next step for the club.”

Second favourite for Spurs job?
“It’s normal. It’s football. There is always speculation. Every job that comes up, there will be managers speculated. I love it here. Tottenham is a fantastic club. My focus is here. We have a world-class training facility, we have a project here. I have a great connection with the players and the board, and we have plans to keep progressing. While I have that energy I am very happy to be here. I don’t think about it.”

13:59JORDAN BLACKWELL
Mourinho's last job in England?
“Jose’s a world-class manager. The thing that disturbs me is how that gets questioned. What he’s done in the game, he should be able to position the expectations. You’re not a world-class manager and then it doesn’t work out at one club so he’s not. He’s a winner, and that won’t change. It’s the same with Carlo at Everton. You can’t not define Jose as a winner. He’s a successful manager. It hasn’t worked out for him. He will look to win again. He’s a charismatic guy. He loves the game. He’ll take that into his next job.”

13:59JORDAN BLACKWELL
Mourinho?
“I’m disappointed for Jose knowing him personally. He’s a world-class manager. He has shown that throughout his career. He has won and that hasn’t happened at Tottenham. They have a game on Wednesday and then they have the cup final. Their expectations are to win titles and compete at the top end of the league. For Jose, I have empathy with any manager that loses their job. He knows what it’s like in this country and he will accept it and get ready for his next challenge.”

13:58JORDAN BLACKWELL
Players' thoughts on Super League?
“I think it will have played a part. Throughout Europe, Leicester City is maybe not what is wanted but the story shows what can happen in sport. Our job was to disrupt the market. What defines the top six? Clearly it must be money. We have tried to disrupt that in a football way. It will be ongoing, there will be discussions. Sometimes you need to take the emotion out and look logically at it, and logic will sort it out.”

“You’ve seen some of the reports in terms of players not playing for their country. That’s why these guys play their game. The financial rewards are there, but it’s about the game as well. That would not sit comfortably with any player. There are lots of discussions to be had. We’ll continue to have that and get a handle on it.”

City's success had a role in it?
“I think it will have played a part. Throughout Europe, Leicester City is maybe not what is wanted but the story shows what can happen in sport. Our job was to disrupt the market. What defines the top six? Clearly it must be money. We have tried to disrupt that in a football way. It will be ongoing, there will be discussions. Sometimes you need to take the emotion out and look logically at it, and logic will sort it out.”

More on the Super League
“The game is for the supporters and in turn the players. There has been a line drawn in the sand and it has moved across. It’s a purely business proposal. The merits and reward in sport, it looks like that isn’t taking into the ideas going forward. We see the evolution of the game, and the beauty of teams that develop. It’s about competition. The six teams that are there, they cannot forget that the Premier League’s brand is based around all 20 teams. Because the bottom team can beat the top team. It probably does feel like an attack on people’s ability to support. Everyone will fight to protect that and the game in this country.”

13:57JORDAN BLACKWELL
Super League?
“You see the statement from the Premier League, we’re aligned with that. The sport and the competition should be based around your domestic performance, rather than historically. I’ve listened to a lot. There’s a lot of emotion involved and rightly so. Hopefully over these next few weeks, everyone can sit down again and look at it and act on the best interests of the game. Football is moving from sport to business, but we must never lose that it’s a game for players and supporters. That has to be at the forefront of every decision.”

13:32JORDAN BLACKWELL
Rodgers is here
Here we go. Answers should come through in around 20-25 minutes.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Assumedly one of the 3 centre halves and one of the centre forwards! 

Going on what he said He’d probably go 

Kasper Soyuncu Evans Thomas

Wilf Tielemans

Ricardo Maddison Albrighton 

Iheanacho ??

Decisions to be made!

15 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Needs to drop a centre back and play a different formation

Very hard to drop any one of those three !

I actually like the back three. I feel it's the wing back position that is hurting more at he moment . Timmy & Ricky are struggling, Marc obviously has limitations  & yes, we miss JJ.

13 hours ago, nnfox said:

This is the start of a winnable run of games but maje no mistake, this is where the players and manager earn their money.  It's no good beating Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and Arsenal if we throw points away against the likes of WBA.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and Arsenal were all six pointers. Well two of them.

10 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

These next couple are huge! 

Whilst it all seemed a bit doom and gloom after the West Ham game, results since have gone nicely in our favour. 

Next 4 are huge. 

Kasper

Castagne  Fofana Soyuncu Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans            Madison

Albrighton       Nacho         Vardy

A sort of 433. Narrow front 3, Attacking full backs. Optionally Ricardo for Castagne if he’s fit. Could start with Perez in place of Albrighton and bring him on in the second half. Attack, attack, attack!

Don’t like it? Well you have a go then! It’s not easy.

• Like 2

Win the next two games and we'll be well on our way. A sizeable cushion on our nearest rivals with just 5 games to play! This is where we simply must do the business. Hopefully we'll benefit from the experience of falling short all too often when faced with similar opportunities over the last couple of seasons.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Kasper

Ndidi

A sort of 433. Narrow front 3, Attacking full backs. Optionally Ricardo for Castagne if he’s fit. Could start with Perez in place of Albrighton and bring him on in the second half. Attack, attack, attack!

.....With Nacho in the front 3, you will have to have Albrighton and Vardy be ahead of him because he tends to drop deeper!!!

A diamond with 4-4-2 works for us, we need players in the right position, where they can play to their strengths and not having to adapt to a system devised at short notice. 

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Kasper

Ndidi

for this game..I want to See this team...We must have that attack Minded Front-foot approach for our Next 3 games...

Plus Ricardo can give us some bite from the bench...

No super-sub for Sharky..he should start.!!

• Like 2