Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

WBA ..pre match thread.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Why do people continue with this nonsense?

Past performance has zero bearing on the result tomorrow.

Not true at all. WBA have been a physical and direct side for a few years now whilst we have not and it's played to their hands. We've got a few results away by counter attacking most recently with Vardy when their big defenders go forward but at home they sit in and stifle us before scoring from a set piece. This is exceptionally relevant to tomorrow. Big Sam is not going to send them out gung ho and let us pick them off.

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

What are Marc’s obvious limitations? I think it’s Richardo at the moment that has limitations, coming back from a 9 month injury we probably won’t see him going at full tilt until next season when he’s got a preseason behind him.

I love Marc Albrighton but he can be very one dimensional. He makes his run & crosses the ball immediately when he really should be looking at all the options. He has 34 apps but only 5 assists & 1 goal, not great numbers. Good defensively but lacks imagination going forward.

Ricardo is obviously not at his pre-injury level but still has a higher potential at the moment.

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I love Marc Albrighton but he can be very one dimensional. He makes his run & crosses the ball immediately when he really should be looking at all the options. He has 34 apps but only 5 assists & 1 goal, not great numbers. Good defensively but lacks imagination going forward.

Ricardo is obviously not at his pre-injury level but still has a higher potential at the moment.

To be fair to Marc, I think this is the side of his game that he has been working on. :scarf:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

To be fair to Marc, I think this is the side of his game that he has been working on. :scarf:

I just wish he would cut inside more often & have a shot on goal. We really don't  have that tall centre forward type who thrive on crosses into the box.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

When was out last home win against  West Brom ???

You can be glass half empty like that if you want and completely ignore the fact we've destroyed them the last two meetings and they're shite. 

Then again this is Foxestalk. It'd still be a shock to come on a pre match thread before a game against a pretty much relegated team when we are 3rd and in an FA Cup final and see any optimism.

• Like 2

Guest Danny Clender
43 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

You sound like the kind of person who thinks its a risk to visit the post office.

Or a party at Perez's house. 

When you look at the table, it's really shaping up to be an exciting run in.

WBA is a very important game in the context of the table.  Liverpool and Spurs on 53 points, Chelsea and West Ham on 55.  If we win the we go to 59 and mentally the other four are competing for fourth.  Lose and it's a 5 way fight for two spots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Wow remember my old man taking me to this.

It pissed it down and he was stressing 2nd half would be called off. State of that pitch, brilliant!

Whitlow was one of my favourite players growing up in that era. Didn't score many but when he did they were belters

Edited by Anglodanglo
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

You can be glass half empty like that if you want and completely ignore the fact we've destroyed them the last two meetings and they're shite. 

Then again this is Foxestalk. It'd still be a shock to come on a pre match thread before a game against a pretty much relegated team when we are 3rd and in an FA Cup final and see any optimism.

Come on mate back off people are understandably nervous before a big match, against a team we've got a very poor record against at home, basically cos we bottled it last season and afraid of doing it again. We SHOULD win on paper I agree shame were playing on grass...

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Can't see us winning this game. It's a bogey fixture for us (not beaten them at home since 1994, that's 9 matches without beating them), also despite us being overwhelming favourites they have been very strong as of late particularly away at sides around us in the table! Plus they're physical, something we struggle against and the pressure is on us to win as favourites. Just all seems a recipe to get turned over. I'm praying to be wrong but predicting LCFC 0 - 2 Baggies.

All the more reason why we are likely to win this then, this is the season for us to get results against teams we've historically been poor against either home or away. 

I desperately want the win & have been nervous about top four for quite a while but if we can't beat WBA when Champions League is on the line then

we are shy on cojones !

Being a top club means showing up when it counts.

I see nothing but a win !!

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Albrightons intensity is far greater than Ricardos currently for obvious reasons, an i'd rather he played currently than Ricardo, Albrighton got found out against Man city, but generally as Schmeichel said on a podcast theres a reason every manager we have had, has dropped Albrighton, an in turn every manager, has subsequently picked, start of next season Ricardo definitely, even start him Monday v Palace, but he started Sunday, lets ease him back in a bit gradually. I would start Perez ahead of Maddison though, an make him earn his starting place with a better cameo than was shown against Southampton.

Edited by Beachyboy

My main concern is the physical and emotional toll of playing at Wembley. So many current and ex-pros have talked about how sapping a semi-final can be. That said, if we're going to make top 4 then we'll find a way of dealing with that.

Forget past results. Maddison will have a point to prove. Vardy looks like he's getting back to his level. All 3 of our cb are fit. We have Ndidi. We have Nacho full of confidence. It will take a very good WBA display to beat us tomorrow. If they do, fair play.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Very hard to drop any one of those three !

I actually like the back three. I feel it's the wing back position that is hurting more at he moment . Timmy & Ricky are struggling, Marc obviously has limitations  & yes, we miss JJ.

I agree it’s hard to drop one of them, but it needs doing. Ricky and castagne look a little lost with this sustem

• Like 1

West Brom need to win this if they're to have any chance of staying up so hopefully wont be as defensive as some people think. We need to take advantage of the teams around us dropping points so there can be absolutley no lack of intensity or complacency if the players are serious of righting last years top 4 wrongs.