Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

WBA ..pre match thread.

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

Albrightons intensity is far greater than Ricardos currently for obvious reasons, an i'd rather he played currently than Ricardo, Albrighton got found out against Man city, but generally as Schmeichel said on a podcast theres a reason every manager we have had, has dropped Albrighton, an in turn every manager, has subsequently picked, start of next season Ricardo definitely, even start him Monday v Palace, but he started Sunday, lets ease him back in a bit gradually. I would start Perez ahead of Maddison though, an make him earn his starting place with a better cameo than was shown against Southampton.

Only one way we are going to get Ricardo game fit & that is to give him game time, BR is obviously aware & is managing his time. A game fit Ricky is pure gold for us & he can definitely help us get top four. MA did get found out against Man C  & he will get found out against Man U, Chelsea & Spurs.

If Maddison is fit he has to play, we have very little imagination without him, I like Perez but Maddison he ain't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I see, I'm being insulted for the crime of being concerned about the outcome of the match tomorrow. Terribly sorry. 

I really don't feel that was an Insult as such. It was more like he was taking the piss !!

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I just wish he would cut inside more often & have a shot on goal. We really don't  have that tall centre forward type who thrive on crosses into the box.

.....it is strange because he is good on his left, it is just that he does not believe in himself to use it!!!

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I just wish he would cut inside more often & have a shot on goal. We really don't  have that tall centre forward type who thrive on crosses into the box.

He's hardly floating crosses in anymore like he was under Shakey.

I think Albrigton is by far our most underrated player, he lacks flair but more than makes up for it with effort and endevour. He played every match in the title winning season and is still only 31 and has a lot to offer. Out of the fit wide attacking players we have, I think he is currently the best performer, offering a threat going forward and cover at the back when needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Only one way we are going to get Ricardo game fit & that is to give him game time, BR is obviously aware & is managing his time. A game fit Ricky is pure gold for us & he can definitely help us get top four. MA did get found out against Man C  & he will get found out against Man U, Chelsea & Spurs.

If Maddison is fit he has to play, we have very little imagination without him, I like Perez but Maddison he ain't.

I'm not sure that's true. They were saying during our FA Cup match that the 9 months Ricardo was recovering were fraught. There were times where he couldn't walk and required assistance even going to the toilet. He missed out on the pre-season and has had 9 months without using his body. For such an athletic player, to come in at the buisness end of the season and offer something at all is a big ask. He's clearly massively off the pace and out of practice and probably needs to be eased back in. I don't think we will see the true ricky this year. (for the record, I am not a sports scientist :D )

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I've built a bet, kel to score, wilf to be booked and a red card in the match. 75/1. Think we'll win 4-1.

Vardy to get send off with one of those classic angry tackles from behind he used to do when wound up, steve guppy's left foot to take £450 in winnings!!! :scarf:

Alas, I think he is more focussed on horlicks these days and has less prematch redbull and fewer skittles :thumbdown:

Edited by jim5000

10 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

WBA can't sit back, they need to win. A draw is no good. If we can grab the midfield by the scruff of the neck and cut off their supply we should win comfortably. 

They’ll sit back and hope to get something on the break or from a set piece.

It could well work too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Yes, you're absolutely right, a game fit Ricardo is pure gold but ...  only if played in his best position and not flung in as some type of makeshift winger. Sadly he's starting to look very frustrated at times and if you're recently back from injury, perhaps a little low on confidence, I think that's really quite understandable. Whilst slightly better, Castagne is similarly not being played to his strengths I feel. I find it increasingly difficult to understand why we're persevering with a back three, seemingly on the grounds that we have one player in the shape of Barnes missing. When we consider that it has only been this season that he has successfully and reliably stepped up to the plate, are we now as a team that reliant on him that we seemingly have to wait for him to return before we can consider another formation?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

West Brom need to win this if they're to have any chance of staying up so hopefully wont be as defensive as some people think. We need to take advantage of the teams around us dropping points so there can be absolutley no lack of intensity or complacency if the players are serious of righting last years top 4 wrongs. 

This is such a myth. Any manager worth his salt knows the best way to beat us is to sit back with a deep defensive block and hope to grab a goal on the counter or from a set piece. We struggle to break these teams down and are usually susceptible to a counter (although hopefully less so with Fofana, Evans and Cags in a back 3). If anything their need for a result will push them to start the game more defensively, rather than be picked off early by us. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, you're absolutely right, a game fit Ricardo is pure gold but ...  only if played in his best position and not flung in as some type of makeshift winger. Sadly he's starting to look very frustrated at times and if you're recently back from injury, perhaps a little low on confidence, I think that's really quite understandable. Whilst slightly better, Castagne is similarly not being played to his strengths I feel. I find it increasingly difficult to understand why we're persevering with a back three, seemingly on the grounds that we have one player in the shape of Barnes missing. When we consider that it has only been this season that he has successfully and reliably stepped up to the plate, are we now as a team that reliant on him that we seemingly have to wait for him to return before we can consider another formation?

Because we only have 1 fit winger in Albrighton, Under has been out injured for a bit and Brendan doesn’t seem to rate him anyway, and trying Ricardo on the wing didn’t seem to work either, and like you said he would need to be played in his best position at right back anyway

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

We will do these today. I think the cup win will inject a much needed boost of confidence into the lads. I’m confident we will win our next four, get a point against United and upset Hawwy Kane’s barmy army in the season finale. 

Big four games coming up boys, legs **** those big six up......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Glad to see Thomas getting a start. Ricardo has been very poor since his return. It looks like he is just suited to playing standard RB and not higher up/on the left like some people thought. 

Agreed. Riccy isn’t 100% yet, and Timmy down that right at this time is much more of an impact. Thomas is a fine left back, so I’ve no reservations at all sticking him in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

This is such a myth. Any manager worth his salt knows the best way to beat us is to sit back with a deep defensive block and hope to grab a goal on the counter or from a set piece. We struggle to break these teams down and are usually susceptible to a counter (although hopefully less so with Fofana, Evans and Cags in a back 3). If anything their need for a result will push them to start the game more defensively, rather than be picked off early by us. 

All West Brom need is a corner or two and they can come away with a result.