Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

The Old Firm?

The Old Firm?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Say if the "big 6" were to leave the Premier League, would you invite Celtic and Rangers to join?

• Yes
    • No
    • On the fence

I think it’s patronising to both Celtic and Rangers and to the other famous clubs in the SPL like Hibs and Hearts (and all the other Scottish teams tbf) too to suggest it. Not aiming that at the OP here but I just think the idea in general as it gets banded about every few years doesn’t it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mehrez said:

Would be very hypocritical to do that as it would ruin Scottish football in the same way the charlatans are trying to do with English football 

This is my view as well, we'd be killing one league by improving our own for the same reason the big 6 leave.

2 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Would be very hypocritical to do that as it would ruin Scottish football in the same way the charlatans are trying to do with English football 

This!!!

It would be the death knell to Scottish clubs.

Their leagues are already struggling, their house is already bare why go and steal the only silver that they have.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

I think it’s patronising to both Celtic and Rangers and to the other famous clubs in the SPL like Hibs and Hearts (and all the other Scottish teams tbf) too to suggest it. Not aiming that at the OP here but I just think the idea in general as it gets banded about every few years doesn’t it. 

None taken! Personally if there was to be some sort of integration, I would favour perhaps merging later stages of the respective league cups. 

And leave the two leagues alone.

But all pure hypothetical.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be against it. But they can't just automatically join the premier league. As stated it would destroy Scottish football. The only way it could work for me was if all Scottish clubs were given the chance to join the English league system and there was a fair system to decide which level each club fit into. Look at the merger of the Eridivisie and Pro League as an example. It has to be a full merger rather than just cherry picking one or two teams. 

• Like 1

Unless the whole Scottish Football pyramid got looked at and integrated into a UK wide setup then I'd be dead against this. When I say looked into I mean re-structured in a sensible way, we have far too many clubs as it is. If the top say 16-18 were integrated into a UK setup and the rest formed a regional, semi-pro setup, similar to english non-league then fair enough, anything else, not a chance.

As has been said, if it was simply Celtic and Rangers moving it'd be them doing essentially what these super league clubs are doing which is anhorrent.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

They're probably both sat by the phone waiting for the call to be one of the three others to join as more and more clubs come out to condem it. 

I kind of assumed Celtic were one of the 3 secret clubs anyway, seeing how they're a household name 'prestige' club with big marketing potential.

Rather than just the 2 bigger teams, you would have to integrate the Scottish football pyramid. That as a minimum would be the top 12.

I have voted No in the poll, but I'm not against a British cup. I am aware that the Scottish & Irish clubs do have a cup they play in. 

• Like 2