Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Iheanacho is arguably our best player and clearly, at the minute at least, much more capable of holding the ball up and creating something than Maddison is.

Barnes has been poor this season, could have subbed him off instead. Strange decisions for sure.

Yeah but when he’s been playing for 70 minutes he’s obviously tired and would make sense to sub him or vards. Again, don’t think Maddison was bad when he came on.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The sooner we can be rid of Brendan, the better I think. The longer we keep making excuses and ignoring the very clear signs, the more we will keep going backwards as a team and club.

Hes shown he can be an exciting and superb manager, but that man has not existed for nearly a year now. This version of Brendan is not what we need. For me, it'll probably do both parties best to go their separate ways and freshen things up 

Really think the owners are going to cough up the £15-20m it will cost to sack him?

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The sooner we can be rid of Brendan, the better I think. The longer we keep making excuses and ignoring the very clear signs, the more we will keep going backwards as a team and club.

Hes shown he can be an exciting and superb manager, but that man has not existed for nearly a year now. This version of Brendan is not what we need. For me, it'll probably do both parties best to go their separate ways and freshen things up 

Good god this post has two likes. TWO.

Just now, Dusty said:

Yeah but when he’s been playing for 70 minutes he’s obviously tired and would make sense to sub him or vards. Again, don’t think Maddison was bad when he came on.

I genuinely can’t remember Maddison doing anything, in fact I forgot he had been brought on at one point.

• Like 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I genuinely can’t remember Maddison doing anything, in fact I forgot he had been brought on at one point.

He was positive on the ball, would have started a good attack after he turned away from Anderson if he hadn’t been wiped out.

Shocking his decision making is recently. 

Why take Kelechi off? 

Hamza actually having one of his better games and I'd rather have him on to see a game out and break up play. 

Barnes not going off is just bizarre. He's offering little, and Albrighton on for him much earlier would have been better defensively too. 

I don't know if he or the coaches are working on the defence. It's abysmal, I actually can't remember a time where its been consistently worse than this. 

I understand Castagne over Riccardo actually he did well today. But I'm not having that Bertrand should be on the pitch. Rather than Thomas or Castagne even at left back.

Same goes for Amartey and Vestegaard

Edited by peterborofox

Team looks pussy whipped ! Gone from lethal attack minded team that leads from the break. We are now impotent tippy tappy castrated side that’s lost all of its confidence, if it wasn’t for the brilliance of Vardy we could be the worst team in this league. I can’t see how Brendan can turn this around unfortunately. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Nacho/Vardy didn’t do anything in the second half, made complete sense to sub one of them off. The only reason you’re annoyed is because you’re an Iheanacho fan boy. 

The subs weren’t the issue. We’re in a poor bit of form and confidence is low. Nows brendans chance to get us going again.

Delusional. 

8 minutes ago, Dusty said:

What the hell have you seen from KDH to suggest he’s up to scratch? Was shocking the other night. Thought Soumare did alright when he came on tbf

He keeps getting knocked off the ball for me and doesn’t look very mobile. Least KDH gets about the pitch more. In all fairness I didn’t watch in the week because of work commitments so can’t comment on that game

Just now, ozvaldo said:

Delusional. 

I’d love to know what they did in the second half then? 

I feel like we can’t criticise Iheanacho at all, I love the bloke, but he was poor second half and taking him off wasn’t the wrong decision, we clearly needed some extra bodies in midfield. 

Rodgers is paid £9 million a year to be this shit. Seriously doesn’t appear to have a clue. Players are at fault to some degree too, but this is beyond toilet. He didn’t appear able to stop the rot last season, or the season before. We’ve had a decent transfer window, we have a very good squad and yes, we have some injuries. 

Most of the players look lost. Our obsessive possession based football is mind numbing and tedious. At least get forward. 

Rodgers saying we need to slow down our attacks is insane. 

We are so brittle a light gust of wind can snap us in half. I thought BR improved players and brought them on?  All they seem to have done is bought into his negativity and fear. 

Im ready for the inevitable long season brigade, and we’ll be all right eventually. I hope they are right, but I am concerned that they aren’t. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They've got nobody lined up, though. As long as we are clear of the bottom three I think they'll hold off.

We're never giving a manager a huge and long contract again.

6 minutes ago, lanefox said:

We won’t get there you melon

Maybe you could explain your reasoning rather than getting personal?

What are you seeing that makes you so upbeat?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Rodgers is paid £9 million a year to be this shit. Seriously doesn’t appear to have a clue. Players are at fault to some degree too, but this is beyond toilet. He didn’t appear able to stop the rot last season, or the season before. We’ve had a decent transfer window, we have a very good squad and yes, we have some injuries. 

Most of the players look lost. Our obsessive possession based football is mind numbing and tedious. At least get forward. 

Rodgers saying we need to slow down our attacks is insane. 

We are so brittle a light gust of wind can snap us in half. I thought BR improved players and brought them on?  All they seem to have done is bought into his negativity and fear. 

Im ready for the inevitable long season brigade, and we’ll be all right eventually. I hope they are right, but I am concerned that they aren’t. 

At the same time tho, we have over performed for the last 2 years as well. We’re definitely in a bad patch of form but that doesn’t mean he should go. 

Look at Liverpool last season, they were far worse than we are now and for much much longer. It was have been suicide for them to sack klopp. We have to stick with Rodgers for now, if it continues then ofc we can question him, but there’s only so much he can do when 3 of the back 4 are injured.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Maybe you could explain your reasoning rather than getting personal?

What are you seeing that makes you so upbeat?

I'll all for discussing things, i'll listen to other people opinions, maybe even take them on board, i'm here to discuss things, yet some people think calling people idiots, melons or other terms are a way to 'win' their argument.

• Like 1

Just now, Dusty said:
1 minute ago, Dusty said:

I’d love to know what they did in the second half then? 

I feel like we can’t criticise Iheanacho at all, I love the bloke, but he was poor second half and taking him off wasn’t the wrong decision, we clearly needed some extra bodies in midfield. 

What did Maddison do?

What did Albrighton do? 
What did Soumare do?

Kelechi not only scored on his first start in ages, he also set up Barnes for, in my opinion, a chance we should be scoring and killing it off at 3-0. 

Soumare didn’t give us anything. 

Can’t remember Maddison doing anything. 

Brendan has completely missed the opportunity, yet again, to make meaningful changes at critical times. As it is, he brings on Albrighton to stop the threat. Why isn’t he doing that when we’re actually winning?  His decision making with subs has been awful today, and tbh it has been awful for a while. It cost us today. 

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Really think the owners are going to cough up the £15-20m it will cost to sack him?

Probably not, I imagine the deal will be that he only gets 12 months pay if sacked?

I think we just seem to be sleepwalking into absolute nothingness, it really feels like we need to freshen things up as they've been stale for a long time now. Nothing seems to be changing. 

We picked up more points than our performances deserved last season. It just seems to have been masking over how poor we've been. 

Eventually results will match performances and that seems to be what were seeing now.

I think a lot of people are very confused because 5 years ago, having a big name manager and squad like this seemed like a bit of a fantasy. To me it seems like the club harbours ambitions of being one of the top clubs outside the mega rich top 4. 

We look a mile off it and have done for a long time. 

As a club I think were operating well and in line with that, on the pitch we haven't looked like it for a long long time.

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

At the same time tho, we have over performed for the last 2 years as well. We’re definitely in a bad patch of form but that doesn’t mean he should go. 

Look at Liverpool last season, they were far worse than we are now and for much much longer. It was have been suicide for them to sack klopp. We have to stick with Rodgers for now, if it continues then ofc we can question him, but there’s only so much he can do when 3 of the back 4 are injured.

I didn’t say I wanted Rodgers to go and I agree. You’d have backed Klopp to turn things round. I’m not so sure Rodgers can. I hope so because I don’t think we’ll find a better manager easily or at all. The guy needs to take a look at himself though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

I didn’t say I wanted Rodgers to go and I agree. You’d have backed Klopp to turn things round. I’m not so sure Rodgers can. I hope so because I don’t think we’ll find a better manager easily or at all. The guy needs to take a look at himself though. 

No rep left. But agree. 

• Like 1