Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....very much a fan of Lookman and wanted a Right Winger in, irrespective of a big price player!!!

He has been a refreshing addition to the team and nearly everything about him on the pitch is positive apart from end product. it is a bit strange that with is involvement and what he puts into the game there is no assists and 1 goal ( EFL cup) emanating from his play.

Apologies, I was being a little facetious with my earlier reply. I agree, he's definitely a refreshing addition, even for the pace he brings to the game when on the ball. I think it's a little early to make judgement about whether we'd want him to stay though, hasn't he just started 3 games, with cameos in the other four? 

I appreciate that we'd be looking for more goals and assists in future should he stay, but if we do reject signing him, I hope he's been given sufficient chances to influence games from the start, rather than being a perennial sub.

We need more players who cause oppo defences problems and he's one who can.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Haven't heard anything but just have a feeling he won't be in the dug out on Saturday. Newcastle would be perfect for him and I can see him jumping at the chance sadly.

I just can’t stand this idea that ‘Newcastle would be a good fit for him’, they haven’t spent a single penny yet, they’re still absolute shite, they’re still probably the second worse team in the league. 

So why would Brendan risk his reputation for a “possibility”. We are in a much different situation, bar current results we have an infrastructure, a vision and a plan which isn’t dependant on finances. 

Brendan could go to Newcastle and he’s really got until January to get things right, I can tell you now these owners will be ruthless, they would expect results and a turn around instantly, If Newcastle are still in the bottom three in January and the club could well find themselves in a position to sack Rodgers.

Then what? He leaves a stable project for a possibility that has huge potential to backfire.

Id question the intelligence of the man, the integrity and his morals of he was to walk away from us now to join a side that two weeks ago were a hopeless nothing.

Him leaving us would be more damaging to us than to Newcastle, and that’s even if they don’t stay up, because the manager we would need to take us up a level won’t be available. 

We would be stupid to let him leave, and he would be stupid to leave.

Newcastle have all of a sudden become my pet hate, and in the style of Kevin Keegan, “I would LOVE it if it all went horribly wrong for them”…. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I just can’t stand this idea that ‘Newcastle would be a good fit for him’, they haven’t spent a single penny yet, they’re still absolute shite, they’re still probably the second worse team in the league. 

So why would Brendan risk his reputation for a “possibility”. We are in a much different situation, bar current results we have an infrastructure, a vision and a plan which isn’t dependant on finances. 

Brendan could go to Newcastle and he’s really got until January to get things right, I can tell you now these owners will be ruthless, they would expect results and a turn around instantly, If Newcastle are still in the bottom three in January and the club could well find themselves in a position to sack Rodgers.

Then what? He leaves a stable project for a possibility that has huge potential to backfire.

Id question the intelligence of the man, the integrity and his morals of he was to walk away from us now to join a side that two weeks ago were a hopeless nothing.

Him leaving us would be more damaging to us than to Newcastle, and that’s even if they don’t stay up, because the manager we would need to take us up a level won’t be available. 

Newcastle have all of a sudden become my pet hate, and in the style of Kevin Keegan, “I would LOVE it if it all went horribly wrong for them”…. 

Unfortunately Pliskin, money changes everything. 

Everyone has a different moral compass.  

26 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Yes, don't get this either. He came back to us to restore his reputation here to then manage the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, maybe Man United- not Newcastle.

42 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It's been often quoted that one of the major reasons he opted for City was the chance to work at a brand new training facility as good as anything, anywhere in world football. 

He'd be swapping that for paddling pools and ice bucket wheelie bins. I'm sure the new owners will be looking at something like Seagrave but it will take a couple of years to get that built and operational. 

.... but, if its all about his bank balance... 

• Like 1

we have to face facts, ultimately this Newcastle stuff bumps us down another rung on the ladder. Top 4 was the dream and Brendan got us so close. But if it looks like that dream is falling further away, with the tempter of having a huge transfer budget at Newcastle, can we blame him if he wants to go?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hales said:

It seems Praet's situation was a mystery to most of us including Praet! It seems they didn't discuss it which I find really strange from Brendan?  He has always been touted as a brilliant man manager but is clearly dropping the ball with some players. Not a good sign is it really ........

Screenshot_20211012-075800_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's an interesting quote, because usually Brendan is quite direct on these things, e.g. saying Benkovic isn't good enough for the Premier League.

How many games did he play for us? Maybe his fee had an appearance clause so if he played any more games we'd have to pay more money? That was one of the clauses in Adrien Silva's contract, which is why he never stood a chance to play for us again after a certain point where we'd established he wasn't a good fit for the Premier League.

• Like 1

Well, I for one enjoyed the fact that Rodgers dragged this club up a division and had us challenging for european spots (until christmas). Looks like we're heading back to the championship where we deserve to be and belong, very soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

we have to face facts, ultimately this Newcastle stuff bumps us down another rung on the ladder. Top 4 was the dream and Brendan got us so close. But if it looks like that dream is falling further away, with the tempter of having a huge transfer budget at Newcastle, can we blame him if he wants to go?

Newcastle is going to be constrained by FFP. Everton haven’t done much and they have spent over £500m in recent years.

1 hour ago, Hales said:

It seems Praet's situation was a mystery to most of us including Praet! It seems they didn't discuss it which I find really strange from Brendan?  He has always been touted as a brilliant man manager but is clearly dropping the ball with some players. Not a good sign is it really ........

Screenshot_20211012-075800_Samsung Internet.jpg

Doesn't say much for a manager's communication skills, that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's an interesting quote, because usually Brendan is quite direct on these things, e.g. saying Benkovic isn't good enough for the Premier League.

How many games did he play for us? Maybe his fee had an appearance clause so if he played any more games we'd have to pay more money? That was one of the clauses in Adrien Silva's contract, which is why he never stood a chance to play for us again after a certain point where we'd established he wasn't a good fit for the Premier League.

Yeah maybe there was a clause? Surely Praet and his agent would know that wouldn't they? I just thought the quote was interesting as clearly he was left in the dark too which is not great for him, team morale etc..... maybe other players were wondering too including Timmy and Youri!  If my friend was being treated badly I wouldn't be happy.  I just find it a little concerning Brendan is behaving like that.  I'm just a little surprised as he is known for his man management but that clearly hasn't happened here which begs the question also in how many other cases?

Edited by Hales
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

We all know how football works, they’re at least two or three seasons off even thinking about challenging for titles. You can’t just throw together a team and expect it to win, it took Man City a fair few years to get to where they want to be.

So I can accuse Rodgers of being short sighted if he was to go there, he would simply suffer the same fate as Mark Hughes did at Man City, possibly even shorter as Newcastle’s aim this season is to stay up at all costs, even if they go through a couple of managers to do so. He is much better waiting, any manager worth their salt won’t go to Newcastle now, unless they’re desperate for a pay cheque, it’s just never going to work. The pressure to get it right would be on from the moment you walk through the door.

Newcastle need to first adapt a short term goal, get stabilised and consistent, then look to add the big names when they’re safely an established, comfortable PL team. They’re not, and I’d like to think Rodgers is clever enough to see this. 

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well, I for one enjoyed the fact that Rodgers dragged this club up a division and had us challenging for european spots (until christmas). Looks like we're heading back to the championship where we deserve to be and belong, very soon.

What a barrel of laughs you are…..

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Rodgers was spot on regarding Praet, but just like a few others we signed we were desperate to improve other areas of the team and ended up having too many central players (we still do). The only club interested was a bottom half Serie A side and he's injured again now.

That wasn't really the point of my post but I know you love Praet 😂😂 it was that I find it a little concerning he clearly isn't communicating with players or maybe certain players. I don't find that "spot on" behaviour for a manager 🤷‍♀️

7 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Left Celtic to restore reputation & get a fat pay rise. 

He's on £8m a year here, not a chance Newcastle offer more than that

The fund that bought them is worth £320bn lol 

Whether or not Rodgers is the man they want who knows but one thing is for sure, Newcastle are now in a position to pay whatever they have to and they probably will and not bat an eyelid.

FFP is a nothing, Man City have been circumventing it for years and Newcastle will do the same.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I would have thought that with the money that will become available at Newcastle the new owners would be looking to emulate a club such as ours and then take it up a level. They would need someone at the helm who knows our infrastucture, how we work and what facilaties are available, in other words, they would want to build a club, the way you do that is by poaching key people and then basically using their knowledge. Rodgers knows how Liverpool and Leicester work inside out, he's their ideal manager.