Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Part of me would love to rinse Newcastle for best part of £500m.

They can have Rodgers and coaches for £50m

Fofana £120m

Maddison £50m

Tielemans £80m

Ndidi £100m

Ricardo £50m

Soyuncu £50m

Hmmm. 

Lot of cash on our pocket but left with a back 3 of Big Dan, Big Jan and Big Bad Benko... 

It's weird, if you'd search back through FoxesTalk most of the references for Newcastle would be about the poor quality of their training ground - players outside what looks like the Hobby Horse in a kiddies paddling pool, soaking their aching muscles. All of a sudden they'll buy up everyone! Everything! Manager, wonderkids, genuine proven quality players - all on the way up to Newcastle!

They have to build their club up a little and prove what they're about. Look at Man City's development, took a few years to build momentum and invested heavily in infrastructure. Think they'd do well to get Eddie Howe in, build the club up and invest in youth, then go for big names. If they really are the real deal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

They will want value for money I reckon, Tarkowski might well join them first. He would expect 5 million a year which I doubt we would pay. Superstar players carry too much risk for a team like Newcastle but they will be looking at experience to get them out of trouble to start with.

Yeah agreed but the likelihood is they'll need to overpay regardless of the level of player they go for.

Tarkowski is a good example as prior to this takeover he wouldn't have even considered a club like Newcastle, now he probably would due to their ambition and the fact they'll be able to match a salary a club in the top 6 would offer.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Fofana £120m

Maddison £50m

Tielemans £80m

Ndidi £100m

Ricardo £50m

Soyuncu £50m

Throw in Daniel Armartey for the bench aswell for free !! 

9 hours ago, Hales said:

It seems Praet's situation was a mystery to most of us including Praet! It seems they didn't discuss it which I find really strange from Brendan?  He has always been touted as a brilliant man manager but is clearly dropping the ball with some players. Not a good sign is it really ........

Screenshot_20211012-075800_Samsung Internet.jpg

The last paragraph of this is slightly worrying. This isn't an article where a shunned player blows his top and slags off a manager. It's a very reasonable response from Praet. I can't say I've been thrilled with Iheanacho's treatment recently either. He must get hacked off with the games on the bench or coming off after 60 when he starts, regardless of performance. Yes, they are paid well to represent the club, but you also need guidance on what you are doing wrong and where you need to improve, especially if you're not playing. Rodgers has lots of good points, this one's in the 'bad' column. 

Of course, it's only Praet's side of the story, but it isn't even a story really, just Praet admitting he didn't know where he went wrong. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
42 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Throw in Daniel Armartey for the bench aswell for free !! 

Wash your mouth out! The FT faithful will be wanting you lynched for this type of appalling comment!

:D

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Hmmm. 

Lot of cash on our pocket but left with a back 3 of Big Dan, Big Jan and Big Bad Benko... 

I think we're going to see a huge overhaul coming in the next 18-24 months anyway so might as well fleece someone along the way to fund the rebuild.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I just can’t stand this idea that ‘Newcastle would be a good fit for him’, they haven’t spent a single penny yet, they’re still absolute shite, they’re still probably the second worse team in the league. 

So why would Brendan risk his reputation for a “possibility”. We are in a much different situation, bar current results we have an infrastructure, a vision and a plan which isn’t dependant on finances. 

Brendan could go to Newcastle and he’s really got until January to get things right, I can tell you now these owners will be ruthless, they would expect results and a turn around instantly, If Newcastle are still in the bottom three in January and the club could well find themselves in a position to sack Rodgers.

Then what? He leaves a stable project for a possibility that has huge potential to backfire.

Id question the intelligence of the man, the integrity and his morals of he was to walk away from us now to join a side that two weeks ago were a hopeless nothing.

Him leaving us would be more damaging to us than to Newcastle, and that’s even if they don’t stay up, because the manager we would need to take us up a level won’t be available. 

We would be stupid to let him leave, and he would be stupid to leave.

Newcastle have all of a sudden become my pet hate, and in the style of Kevin Keegan, “I would LOVE it if it all went horribly wrong for them”…. 

We’re going to rat shit. BR is ambitious. Newcastle are now the richest club in football, potentially. I could certainly see them as attractive to everyone - players and managers alike. 

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We’re going to rat shit. BR is ambitious. Newcastle are now the richest club in football, potentially. I could certainly see them as attractive to everyone - players and managers alike. 

Well, we aren’t, we are having a tough time and it’s something we have to work through. Newcastle are currently rat shit, and not going there. Having access to the 300 billion from the Saudi PIF does not mean Newcastle have it or can spend it. Money without a plan is useless, they will need to spend time to get a DoF, setting the style, then getting the manager and recruits to suit.

15 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

**** me, I bet your the type who asks for half a pint at the bar in a pint glass?  

We have not gone to rat shit…… we’ve hit a patch of bad form.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If there’s genuine interest and an approach then Rodgers will jump ship SO hard and SO fast.

But we’ve always known that would be the case and that’s why his name is rarely sung on the terraces and we haven’t exactly been enamoured with him as a fan base in the way we largely were with Pearson, Ranieri and O’Neill.

(Which is also why, despite a very successful period here, his first tricky spell hasn’t seen him with deep reserves of patience to draw upon)

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If there’s genuine interest and an approach then Rodgers will jump ship SO hard and SO fast.

But we’ve always known that would be the case and that’s why his name is rarely sung on the terraces and we haven’t exactly been enamoured with him as a fan base in the way we largely were with Pearson, Ranieri and O’Neill.

(Which is also why, despite a very successful period here, his first tricky spell hasn’t seen him with deep reserves of patience to draw upon)

Completely agree...To be honest when he came in i thought he was an egotisticall Twat(watching the Liverpool doc),But he's won me around a bit.....but the Football at the moment is Dire.

13 hours ago, Hales said:

It seems Praet's situation was a mystery to most of us including Praet! It seems they didn't discuss it which I find really strange from Brendan?  He has always been touted as a brilliant man manager but is clearly dropping the ball with some players. Not a good sign is it really ........

Screenshot_20211012-075800_Samsung Internet.jpg

Why Quote me...I said it stays a mystery...

Whatever...Its Rodgers call...

Rodgers might of got Albrighton & Praet Mixed up...:giggle:

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
50 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Really don’t get this obsession with Potter. We can do better than him if/when Rodgers leaves. 
As already stated Rodgers is better than Potter. 

If Potter had Vardy and the money that Rodgers has had, would he be better?

Guest StevieLynex
6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Fofana £120m

Maddison £50m

Tielemans £80m

Ndidi £100m

Ricardo £50m

Soyuncu £50m

Not forgetting, Perez - £150m

51 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Spot on. I really want think of Brendan in the same way as the others you have mentioned, but the renegotiated contract when there was talk of Arsenal left a bad taste, which is a shame because by all accounts he's a really decent bloke.

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Absolutely ridiculous 

• Like 4