Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Let's not pretend he's anywhere near getting sacked but assuming he doesn't fully wet the bed and see us in a relegation battle it might be a blessing in disguise when one of the top 6 pays us a transfer fee for him and his team. 

Begone with zonal marking and tika-taka in the defensive third.

My only concern would be who would replace him? I'm not excited about any managers that aren't already at bigger teams or in new jobs.

• Like 1

We're playing like a team who think they've lost before the game has even started.

Hopefully man Utd come in for him this week otherwise we're lumbered with him for the foreseeable relegation battle. At least that will be exciting as we probably won't go down.

We've been terrible for 11 months now.

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

Let's not pretend he's anywhere near getting sacked but assuming he doesn't fully wet the bed and see us in a relegation battle it might be a blessing in disguise when one of the top 6 pays us a transfer fee for him and his team. 

Begone with zonal marking and tika-taka in the defensive third.

My only concern would be who would replace him? I'm not excited about any managers that aren't already at bigger teams or in new jobs.

This is one big worry for me, I can't see who would come here who is an upgrade who would leave their current team. 
We obviously are not going to get Zidane. Don't want Nuno or Koeman. 

Frank de Boer? 
I'd take Lucien Favre, 

Would bite off Ralf Rangnicks arm but can't see him coming here. 
Fonseca would be iffy for me. 

I'd love Ten Hag but he's more likely to get the United job and we would be a step down from Ajax even though the league is a step up. 
There really does not seem like lots of choice. 

• Sad 1

The injuries forced a back 3 last season, and because it brought the best out of Iheanacho he has felt the need to carry on with. He doesn't have enough trust in certain players in certain formations and I think he's confused himself what is for the best. There is definitely mixed messages at the minute. 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The injuries forced a back 3 last season, and because it brought the best out of Iheanacho he has felt the need to carry on with. He doesn't have enough trust in certain players in certain formations and I think he's confused himself what is for the best. There is definitely mixed messages at the minute. 

Definitely agree on the mixed messages. 

He’a dropped players for their poor form - Maddison, Vestergaard (and arguably Ihenacho after just one poor game) - but stuck with others - Soyuncu, Soumare etc. And he took Maddison out when he was getting towards his best. 

We need a settled team. Soy needs removing from the line up, which means moving to a back four. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

This is one big worry for me, I can't see who would come here who is an upgrade who would leave their current team. 

Frank de Boer? 
I'd take Lucien Favre, 

I'd love Ten Hag but he's more likely to get the United job and we would be a step down from Ajax even though the league is a step up. 

Exactly. None of those names are exciting and a manager new to English football is always a massive risk outside of Pep/Klopp levels...

16 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Frank de Boer? 
I'd take Lucien Favre, 

There are better options: Potter, Galtier, Gasperini…