Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I do feel like we made a mistake paying him as much as we do when there was interest in him before. It makes  it harder to sack him and probably adds more expectation

....what would have been the alternative...!!!

We do not put up a fight to keep him and he will view it as we do not care, so why should he bother with us. We upped his salary  to secure his services, many clubs who believe they have the right man at the helm would have done the same thing. His remit was also to oversee the structure of the playing side throughout the club and that would have been a big factor for us to keep him onboard.

The possibility that things could go wrong is always there, and you cannot continue to run your business afraid of what might go wrong somewhere down the line.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what would have been the alternative...!!!

We do not put up a fight to keep him and he will view it as we do not care, so why should he bother with us. We upped his salary  to secure his services, many clubs who believe they have the right man at the helm would have done the same thing. His remit was also to oversee the structure of the playing side throughout the club and that would have been a big factor for us to keep him onboard.

The possibility that things could go wrong is always there, and you cannot continue to run your business afraid of what might go wrong somewhere down the line.

I just don't think we can justify having the 3rd or 4th best paid manager in the league and then not strengthen key areas of the squad due to finances not being there

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was still somewhat unimpressed with the way we defended set pieces again today. Still seemed like zonal marking but there way possibly 1 or 2 now that attacked the ball rather than stand furling with their arseholes. Hopefully it's the start and we fine tune it, got a huge month ahead against some teams that will put us under massive pressure.

Every time one came in they could have gone anywhere, it wasn't convincing. I didn't focus on what were doing too much, but a glance it looked like Ndidi and Soumare were doing the zonal, and Soyuncu for instance was pushed out to man mark. Hard to tell what it would have been with no Evans being there. 

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I just don't think we can justify having the 3rd or 4th best paid manager in the league and then not strengthen key areas of the squad due to finances not being there

....I would say the infrastructure we are investing in has impacted on the club in the short term!!!

Without these new additions to generate revenue to finance a self sufficient club, we would have the finance to invest in some quality players. We have chosen to invest off the pitch in order to invest on the pitch down the line.

It is a gamble to a degree, but so long as we retain our Premier League status the club will not be reacting in any way to the occasional poor season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I would say the infrastructure we are investing in has impacted on the club in the short term!!!

Without these new additions to generate revenue to finance a self sufficient club, we would have the finance to invest in some quality players. We have chosen to invest off the pitch in order to invest on the pitch down the line.

It is a gamble to a degree, but so long as we retain our Premier League status the club will not be reacting in any way to the occasional poor season.

Yeah I get that. It's not a major criticism of the club by any means. I think Brendan's occasional comments of us punching above our weight niggles at me a little bit. It kind of feels to me that he enjoys the wages that reflect a big club but doesn't want the pressure or expectation that comes with it

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 4

Meh. Not sure what options he had today. Hostile atmosphere to bring on any youngsters and don't think Ndidi and Vestergaard would be enough as a 2. Had to bring off players with niggles, as the ref only needed to give another of those skrawny scouse c**ts a free pass to cut them in 2 and we'd have been in trouble for the rest of the season.

I'm of the opinion that his time here is about up, but tonight's performance hasn't really firmed that opinion much.

I hope Madley has a turd in his glove box though.