Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Can we? We seem to be much easier to beat nowadays. We don't give the decent sides a game at all nowadays. The Chelsea game in particular was a disgraceful performance 

Yeah, in the last few seasons we have taken points of probably every side in the top 6

3 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

We should based on investment be around 7th-9th which is where we are. Having a new training ground was something that was needed as our old one was crap. Having a ground holding 42k will bring us online with the other clubs we are fighting for 7th-9th 

It's the performances at times more than anything though isn't it, such as in the Europa League. I'm not even Rodgers out at the moment, I just don't think being in League One under a different ownership is relevant to today's expectations. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It's the performances at times more than anything though isn't it, such as in the Europa League. I'm not even Rodgers out at the moment, I just don't think being in League One under a different ownership is relevant to today's expectations. 

Agree on the performances, but let’s be honest they probably wouldn’t be that way if we had any luck with injuries. 

when was the last time he had the following fully fit

kasper

justin

forfana

evans

ricardo (at his best is better than castagne)

ndidi

youri

madders

barnes

vardy

Whoever you’d say our best right sided player is (mostly nvg imo)

it’s been 18 months most probably, that team available for 70% of the season gets in the top 4 imo 

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Well what we do know is that since he’s left, our injuries have increased probably ten fold.

Reoccurring injuries too, that's the bigger issue for me.

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

So have the games, and then there is covid, come on….

I’m not buying it

We used to play 12 more league games in the Championship, and that’s before we entered the domestic cups that we’ve had an extended run in- FA Cup (Quarter Finalists v Chelsea) and League Cup against them in 07

It is possible to be pro Rodgers but comfortable enough to criticise or question some of his decisions rather than hide behind Covid 

Yeh, Covids here, so lighten the training load then. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jonzey01 said:

We should based on investment be around 7th-9th which is where we are. Having a new training ground was something that was needed as our old one was crap. Having a ground holding 42k will bring us online with the other clubs we are fighting for 7th-9th 

Our scouting is better than most teams, as is our squad. Rodgers should be judged on the quality of his squad, not the investment.

He has the players, but not the tactics.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m not buying it

We used to play 12 more league games in the Championship, and that’s before we entered the domestic cups that we’ve had an extended run in- FA Cup (Quarter Finalists v Chelsea) and League Cup against them in 07

It is possible to be pro Rodgers but comfortable enough to criticise or question some of his decisions rather than hide behind Covid 

Yeh, Covids here, so lighten the training load then. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, I can see the argument, there is something wrong for sure. Is it the loss of Rennie? Feels a bit arbitrary, but possibly I guess. I take the mild jibe about Rodgers in the spirit it was intended, and I admit to trying to be of an opposing view to the knee jerk overreaction to each defeat. However, on this point I see no evidence either way beyond pure correlation.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, I can see the argument, there is something wrong for sure. Is it the loss of Rennie? Feels a bit arbitrary, but possibly I guess. I take the mild jibe about Rodgers in the spirit it was intended, and I admit to trying to be of an opposing view to the knee jerk overreaction to each defeat. However, on this point I see no evidence either way beyond pure correlation.

It wasn’t a dig at you personally 

Most of my mates won’t hear a word of constructive criticisms that go against Rodgers, when in reality there are many 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It wasn’t a dig at you personally 

Most of my mates won’t hear a word of constructive criticisms that go against Rodgers, when in reality there are many 

Tbh, I probably am what many would refer to as a cheerleader, but it is merely a counterpoint to what I see as the overload of bile following the slightest ‘below par’ result

But taking off KDH and Daka, wtf. He evens tries my patience sometimes. lol

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Tbh, I probably am what many would refer to as a cheerleader, but it is merely a counterpoint to what I see as the overload of bile following the slightest ‘below par’ result

But taking off KDH and Daka, wtf. He evens tries my patience sometimes. lol

I probably go OTT on my dislike of Rodgers, but a lot of that stems from mates defending the indefensible. ‘He won us the FA Cup you know’ 

So did Martinez at Wigan 

5 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

He won us the FA Cup but we shithoused our way to the final with fortunate 1-0 wins against poor sides and then equally fortunate in the final too. Had there been fans, I’m sure the bottlers wouldn’t have made it any further than the quarter finals. 

Let’s look at Rodgers record shall we. 

Blows a 15 point lead to 5th to finish 5th. Fans response “overachieving finishing 5th”.

Same season, bottled the cup semi finals against a poor Villa side. 

Following season, blows a top 4 finish again in true bottling style. In the top 4 until the penultimate game. Leading 2-1 at home to Spurs final game, to throw it all away. Come 5th. Fans response “oh well, we won the fa cup”. 

Let’s not mention the Prague European games shall we. 

Or the substitution of Iheanacho away at Bournemouth at half time. 

Or the substitutions last night. 

Or the constant selection of Perez season upon season. 

I can go on and on. The scouting network is now failing. Recruitment has been poor. Medical record since he sacked David Rennie is poor. We have soft players. How many have improved under him? Barnes possibly, I can’t think of any more that he has directly improved. 

And people will just say, yeah but who do we replace him with? They always say this. There’s always people out there.

Oh mate I’m fully in agreement with you 

I’ve been wanting him gone and calling out his football for months and months now 

The rot started (though we had some very good PATCHES) at Everton (h) when Ian Nacho got the VAR winner. That goal painted over the cracks of an absolutely diabolical performance 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

He won us the FA Cup but we shithoused our way to the final with fortunate 1-0 wins against poor sides and then equally fortunate in the final too. Had there been fans, I’m sure the bottlers wouldn’t have made it any further than the quarter finals. 

Let’s look at Rodgers record shall we. 

Blows a 15 point lead to 5th to finish 5th. Fans response “overachieving finishing 5th”.

Same season, bottled the cup semi finals against a poor Villa side. 

Following season, blows a top 4 finish again in true bottling style. In the top 4 until the penultimate game. Leading 2-1 at home to Spurs final game, to throw it all away. Come 5th. Fans response “oh well, we won the fa cup”. 

Let’s not mention the Prague European games shall we. 

Or the substitution of Iheanacho away at Bournemouth at half time. 

Or the substitutions last night. 

Or the constant selection of Perez season upon season. 

I can go on and on. The scouting network is now failing. Recruitment has been poor. Medical record since he sacked David Rennie is poor. We have soft players. How many have improved under him? Barnes possibly, I can’t think of any more that he has directly improved. 

And people will just say, yeah but who do we replace him with? They always say this. There’s always people out there.

you are right ... his time is up.

58 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, that’s nonsense, hyperbole, this is the premier league, it’s almost the norm

Exactly. It's the norm. Those players, on paper are no worse than the vast majority of defenses in the league. That's my point. It's not that we've been down to the bare bones for a year like he's suggested. It's more to do with those players have for the most part... Been garbage and that's what I was responding to. The whole "get off their back and give them a break, its not their fault" attitude. Injuries have played a part but not as big of a part as experienced players at the highest level not playing anywhere near their best. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Yes we only beat 2nd place United and European Champions Chelsea 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Exactly. It's the norm. Those players, on paper are no worse than the vast majority of defenses in the league. That's my point. It's not that we've been down to the bare bones for a year like he's suggested. It's more to do with those players have for the most part... Been garbage and that's what I was responding to. The whole "get off their back and give them a break, its not their fault" attitude. Injuries have played a part but not as big of a part as experienced players at the highest level not playing anywhere near their best. 

My argument is yeah, we're not at our strongest, we don't have our first choices, they might not be able to play the way Rodgers philosophy wants them to play, but they're adequate players, should be good enough to do the job, thats where you change your style and philosophy to protect them, not put them in a situation or ask them to play where they are constantly put under pressure - personally this goes even if/when we have our first choices available but even more so when they're not available. 

Rodgers has a philosophy and one philosophy only, when plan A isn't working his answer is do plan A better.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

I was discussing with one of my mates about players that have improved under Rodgers. The only one either of us could come up with was Iheanacho and he still barely uses him. Many  others have either stagnated or have declined as players

Can anybody come up with any other? 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1