Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

It's not about pushing for the top 4\6 every season, I'm not that entitled to think we should be doing that all the time but what I do like to see is an entertaining game so even when we lose at least it looks like we tried. The standard is very poor at the moment, even when we win a lot of the time, that needs to change. 

• Like 1

his game management killed us today, Barnes still looked full of running yet he was the first one hooked even though Lookman was already looking tired and Daka is fresh back from injury, the switch of formation left the midfield the mess plus he cannot set up a back 5 and why the hell, for the second game running, do you bring on Soumare and leave Tielemans as the holding man, its rank stupidity?

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

If Villa had their whole back line out, I would still expect the team to run through walls for Steven and give a fight to win.  This br has a paper thin plan based on those fit players he relies on , beyond that , he can’t stir fire in the belly to fight like a conte , Klopp , tt , I’m thinking he’s more Norwich level by the day . 

Man’s got some gall blaming injuries having dismissed Rennie, I’ve heard talk of his training being far too intensive too yet nothing has changed. It’s never been this bad up until he started putting his feet under the table in regards to physio and conditioning.

• Like 3

On 23/01/2022 at 12:28, The_77 said:

This. Every time things go a little sour, Brendan is always trying to offer a little spin that makes himself look good. Everything is some kind of self-preservation ploy. 

It’s been interesting listening to how different managers react to dropping points lately. Pep was bursting with praise for his players in his immediate post-game remarks at Southampton when he could have easily stated that Foden didn’t track back on the goal even though that’s what Pep teaches his players. But he didn’t say that because he understands the psychology of the situation and how to keep his players motivated, even if it made himself look ridiculous in the interview. 

Nige was the king of that, he didn’t care if he came across as a complete knob to the press as long as it benefited his players. 

Brendan just had to slip in that Youri didn’t do what he’s been coached to do in that situation. 

Cherry picking..Easier to forget all those months he put himself in the front line,through the whole and End of 2021...

Where he repeatedly said in Interviews its up me to change it,or get this/that into the players,even today saying how good

the players are presenting themselves through These periods...

I know now how many of this forum dont actually listen to any of Rodgers Interviews, But use FT statements opinions on so called Rodgers interviews, and use them as fact...

Worse than the Media who use,self written opinions to create their own agendas...

Edited by fuchsntf

44 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers is touting for jobs and spinning a narutive that his job here is done.

If a player made the same comments he would be dropped.

Well some players have essentially said "I'm happy here now but who knows what the future holds" and Fofana has spoken about future dreams. But Rodgers is a little more direct and present with it. Three years is his average tenure. And I'd say that's about average for Premier League managers these days. I hope Rodgers can turn things around and make a good go of the league, both for us and his future managerial prospects. Unless the club has someone lined-up I don't want him sacked yet.

Edited by Foxxed

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm done. I'm fed up of him doing this. It's not the first time he's reactively done what he SHOULD have done in a previous game too late in the next game and fvcked both. 

Should have shut up shop at the end versus spurs. Didn't. Lost. 

So over reacts 20 minutes too early in this game to try and shut up shop. Fvcks it. 

Bang on, just said the same.

One thing we must consider is that this squad has come close to top 4 on two occasions so we know its there of sorts. What we can't guarantee is that it will still be achievable if he's allowed to freshen up the squad, fails and then a new regime comes in and the downward spiral continues.

It would be costly to get rid of him and its a shame we couldn't come to a mutual agreement for him to go elsewhere but whilst this squad still has the muscle memory of how to challenge the top 4/6 then changing managers might be a shrewd call. Otherwise we're just waiting and hoping it doesn't get that bad that when the change comes, its too late and we've lost momentum like we've seen several teams do of our ilk in the PL over the years.

Would be a huge decision to take but his not earning that £9m a year right now, not by a long stretch. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

One thing we must consider is that this squad has come close to top 4 on two occasions so we know its there of sorts. What we can't guarantee is that it will still be achievable if he's allowed to freshen up the squad, fails and then a new regime comes in and the downward spiral continues.

It would be costly to get rid of him and its a shame we couldn't come to a mutual agreement for him to go elsewhere but whilst this squad still has the muscle memory of how to challenge the top 4/6 then changing managers might be a shrewd call. Otherwise we're just waiting and hoping it doesn't get that bad that when the change comes, its too late and we've lost momentum like we've seen several teams do of our ilk in the PL over the years.

Would be a huge decision to take but his not earning that £9m a year right now, not by a long stretch. 

Agree.

No blaming anything else today, he killed our momentum and pushed our defence to the limit. Invited the pressure and it told.

The media and their "don't you dare criticise him" outlook is grating as well. So what if people booed? Get on with it, we are allowed to air our views.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

No blaming anything else today, he killed our momentum and pushed our defence to the limit. Invited the pressure and it told.

The media and their "don't you dare criticise him" outlook is grating as well. So what if people booed? Get on with it, we are allowed to air our views.

The phone had a guy from sk1 who told it like ot was. 

When they interview rodgers then why cant they put these comments to him,?

18 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Cherry picking..Easier to forget all those months he put himself in the Voting line,through the whole and End of 2021...

Where he repeatedly in Interviews ist up me to change it,or get this/that into the players,even Today saying how goodh

the players are presenting themselves through These periods...

I know Now Now many of this forum dont actually listen to any of Rodgers Interviews, But use FT statements opinions on so called Rodgers interviews,

and use them as fact...Worse than the Media who use,self written opinions to create their own agendas...

So much moral superiority in such a small post. Impressive. 

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

So much moral superiority in such a small post. Impressive. 

I Wanted to be a vicar,But I thought I would Work from the inside...

And protect the positives,and Challenge every miserable,negative misgog.....

being on that higher Moral plain, is such a Lonely task...but invigorating...:celebrate:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I Wanted to be a vicar,But I thought I would Work from the inside...

And protect the positives,and Challenge every miserable,negative misgog.....

being on that higher Moral plain, is such a Lonely task...but invigorating...:celebrate:

Haha, fair play. Would never accuse you of being dour!

11 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I'm not talking rubbish at all. You're obviously one of the entitled recent fan base who did t have to put up with Peter Canero or Nicky Mohan. We are currently in the best years of our 130 plus year history and people are moaning. It's pathetic. Let's all hound Rodgers out i bet any money the next manager will not do a better job.

I hear you .  I’ve come from that Callum Davidson , scowcroft era , when you look back at where we come from , it brings perspective to myself even thou I find br such a up/down manager which is the frustration for me at times .  But learning to just wait and see .

20 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I'm not talking rubbish at all. You're obviously one of the entitled recent fan base who did t have to put up with Peter Canero or Nicky Mohan. We are currently in the best years of our 130 plus year history and people are moaning. It's pathetic. Let's all hound Rodgers out i bet any money the next manager will not do a better job.

*Misuse of the word entitled claxon*

444 pages though, eh?

The past is the past, the present is the present and the future is the future ……

No one is wrong and no one is right because no one can predict the future 

we can only do things in the present that we hope will have a positive impact on the future 

this is the responsibility of the board - up till now they’ve done a pretty decent job - let’s give them the space to continue to do that …. 

I think Rodgers has earned more time.  He is not.having a great season.  Partly, this is to with him being a victim (rather than responsible for imo) of the injury situation. 

Injuries have cost us many points but so has poor defensive work.

I wonder how.many points we have lost by changing formation and inviting pressure and late goals.  Against Brighton, we removed our offensive threat almost.entirely.  I hope someone on the coaching staff or the senior players is holding Rodgers to account on this.

Rodgers can still turn it round.  He has been successful at Leicester so he deserves time.   It does feel like momentum has been lost.   It is probably his last season but I think the club and him will probably come to an agreement late in the season unless we finish the season impressively. 

For all  those on this board who want Rogers gone please show us all a suitable alternative who is available and they consider would do a better job?  

I am frustrated as most that this season is not panning out as well as can be expected but with the injuries we have had since the start of the season I believe midtable is about right.  We have been playing with kids, players totally out of position to fill a spot.

Please also remember all the so called big 6 plus Villa have and are spending millions to be where they are.

Granted, Rogers tactics frustrate me at times too but who is out there that could do a better job?

Some of our fan base have been spoilt since 15/16 I can remember the dark, dismal days of mid table Championship or division 2 mediocrity, hoping to avoid relegation from that division, let alone winning the fa cup, two top 5 finishes and European football all under Rogers.

Noticed a good quote from a book I was reading last night: 

“Do you know what leadership means, Lord Snow?” master-at-arms of the Night’s Watch Alliser Thorne asks in the TV blockbuster Game of Thrones. “It means that the person in charge gets second-guessed by every clever little sh*t with a mouth. What if he starts second guessing himself? That’s the end; for him, for the clever little sh*ts, for everyone”.

Everyone wants their Leader to second-guess himself. But nobody wants a leader who actually does second-guess himself.

This is where we are at the moment. Really hope it is not the end and that Rodgers can see this through.