Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

It's my most bigoted opinion but I'm not ready for Leicester to have an American manager, I couldn't deal with it.

Yeah it would irritate everytime he said roster, he'd have to make a serious effort to learn what's not acceptable football language.

Really can’t see how even Rodgers biggest critic’s could see that Gerrard was a better manager than him. Gerrard is the media darling atm like Lampard will be if he goes Everton. The definition of new manager bounce. Even those calling Rodgers a bottler can’t compare his record with Gerrard. Finishing 2nd with Liverpool and 5th twice with us along with winning the fa cup and community shield. Let’s see where Gerrard is with Villa after doing a couple of seasons with them. 

6 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Really can’t see how even Rodgers biggest critic’s could see that Gerrard was a better manager than him. Gerrard is the media darling atm like Lampard will be if he goes Everton. The definition of new manager bounce. Even those calling Rodgers a bottler can’t compare his record with Gerrard. Finishing 2nd with Liverpool and 5th twice with us along with winning the fa cup and community shield. Let’s see where Gerrard is with Villa after doing a couple of seasons with them. 

Agreed, way too early to even consider him in the same bracket. He's going along nicely is Gerrard and I do think he'll be a good manager for quite some time but Rodgers have achieved a lot here to back up an already fairly promising CV.

16 minutes ago, Yes said:

Fair enough if you want a change but the amount of hate I see him get on Twitter is just so weird. Should know better than to take the app serious, those fans are so desperate to fit in with the big 6 football Twitter types they’ll say anything, you’d think the guy had relegated us rather than being our only FA Cup winning manager ever.

Anyone who calls themselves DakaMan or LESTAPETE or MaddersFC will have some degree of brain rot. It is to be expected.

• Like 4

On 26/01/2022 at 08:45, Jaspa said:

These clowns know nothing and rarely offer any intelligent opinion, they're just pumping out videos about any going topic to milk views and ad revenue from YouTube. Had another one of their videos on yesterday about Derby and the main Geordie big man was scrolling through his phone, probably reading Wikipedia to say what he knows about Derby.

200k views in little over a day, completely waste of time bollocks. They know they'll have some of the normal audience baited into watching it out of habit, and they know Celtic & Rangers fans will be all over it because it's Rodgers v Gerrard - can see right through it immediately. I don't want to watch it :sweating:

i think true geordie recognised it was too early to tell and mckola was talking sense, rory was talking nonsense as usual. the other 2 said absolutely nothing on it lol 

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve had a chance to reflect on this season now that we’ve not had a game over the last week or so.

And, I think I’ve decided weighing everything up, that we’ve actually had a good season so far, and Brendan has been doing a pretty good job, here’s why.

Its been mentioned a lot by fans, but the last two years have not been good for football (Karen, before you start I’m talking about football in the context of sport v covid). Following project restart it’s pretty much been none stop football. I’d say just under three seasons worth of football has been crammed into 18 months (taking into account the Euro’s, the Olympics and AFCON). That’s a shit tonne of sport, and we’ve had a few players heavily involved in all of it. 

Leading onto this season, we’re still recovering from this intense run of fixtures, and the players are paying a price. I know some fans just don’t want us to mention the injury issues, but you simply can’t ignore it’s an issue. 

Some have questioned the sports science staff (myself included), but when you think about it what can they really do? There’s no magic solution to managing humans when it comes to injury, everyone’s body is different and they’ve been asked to put their bodies through a hell of a lot more than they ordinarily would. 

Take Cags as an example, he’s pretty much been a constant in the side injury aside, and when he comes back he’s straight in again, if he was a robot and you could plug him in, you’d probably see that he’s running at 65% of his capacity, so it’s no surprise he’s struggled this season. 

This brings me onto Brendan and how I think he actually has done a really good job…. Looking at the facts, we’re still in two cup competitions, and we’re still within reach of a European place in the league with a good run of results. 

I don’t think at any stage this season, we’ve been able to put the same defence out for more than four games in a row? This is an issue to begin with, you can’t build a solid foundation if your back four is forever changing and has no consistency to it. Every position has had players in and out, which means there’s no opportunity to forge a proper defensive relationships. 

Brendan has tried to manage the expectation, and has come under hefty fire at times for it, some of us think we’re hearing the wrong things being said in his press conferences, when he is in reality trying to protect the players and the clubs by delivering a dose of reality. 

The reality of this season is, the pandemic has had an impact on the club financially, and physically (with regards to the players health) and the fact we’re still fighting on a few fronts is pretty impressive, as we’ve simply not been able to get any kind of consistency going this season…. But….. with players starting to come back, the workload gradually thinning out, there’s a chance to have a really good end to the season.

I think Brendan has done a really good job of trying to keep things ticking over despite the issues we’ve had, the performances have been erratic, but if he was to go full on **** it like Leeds, we would be putting the kit man up front eventually. So he probably hasn’t had much of a choice other than try to keep games tight and take a cautious approach. 

I think he’s managed to prevent this season from going completely pear shaped, and still keep us in the mix. 

The sheer stubbornness for months on refusing to go man to man marking and/or have a player on the back post even though we've been one of the worst teams at defending set pieces stretching back in to last season trumps anything we may have done well so far this season.

Injuries may be the nature of the best given the relentless schedule but they allowed Jamie Vardy to carry on playing in 2 different games he was injured in in a week and the 2nd one has ruled him out for at least 3 months. It's examples like that and his awful injury records at other clubs that make hard to ignore and put down to just bad luck.

Hopefully we can still salvage some decent end to the season, I still am not yet ready to see him binned off, this final part of the season is crucial for what happens next as a rebuild is coming.

• Like 3

I’ve had a chance to reflect on this season now that we’ve not had a game over the last week or so.

And, I think I’ve decided weighing everything up, that we’ve actually had a good season so far, and Brendan has been doing a pretty good job, here’s why.

Its been mentioned a lot by fans, but the last two years have not been good for football (Karen, before you start I’m talking about football in the context of sport v covid). Following project restart it’s pretty much been none stop football. I’d say just under three seasons worth of football has been crammed into 18 months (taking into account the Euro’s, the Olympics and AFCON). That’s a shit tonne of sport, and we’ve had a few players heavily involved in all of it. 

Leading onto this season, we’re still recovering from this intense run of fixtures, and the players are paying a price. I know some fans just don’t want us to mention the injury issues, but you simply can’t ignore it’s an issue. 

Some have questioned the sports science staff (myself included), but when you think about it what can they really do? There’s no magic solution to managing humans when it comes to injury, everyone’s body is different and they’ve been asked to put their bodies through a hell of a lot more than they ordinarily would. 

Take Cags as an example, he’s pretty much been a constant in the side injury aside, and when he comes back he’s straight in again, if he was a robot and you could plug him in, you’d probably see that he’s running at 65% of his capacity, so it’s no surprise he’s struggled this season. 

This brings me onto Brendan and how I think he actually has done a really good job…. Looking at the facts, we’re still in two cup competitions, and we’re still within reach of a European place in the league with a good run of results. 

I don’t think at any stage this season, we’ve been able to put the same defence out for more than four games in a row? This is an issue to begin with, you can’t build a solid foundation if your back four is forever changing and has no consistency to it. Every position has had players in and out, which means there’s no opportunity to forge a proper defensive relationships. 

Brendan has tried to manage the expectation, and has come under hefty fire at times for it, some of us think we’re hearing the wrong things being said in his press conferences, when he is in reality trying to protect the players and the clubs by delivering a dose of reality. 

The reality of this season is, the pandemic has had an impact on the club financially, and physically (with regards to the players health) and the fact we’re still fighting on a few fronts is pretty impressive, as we’ve simply not been able to get any kind of consistency going this season…. But….. with players starting to come back, the workload gradually thinning out, there’s a chance to have a really good end to the season.

I think Brendan has done a really good job of trying to keep things ticking over despite the issues we’ve had, the performances have been erratic, but if he was to go full on **** it like Leeds, we would be putting the kit man up front eventually. So he probably hasn’t had much of a choice other than try to keep games tight and take a cautious approach. 

I think he’s managed to prevent this season from going completely pear shaped, and still keep us in the mix. 

We haven’t put a good run of results together since December 2020

We’re crap now

We’ve had 3 good performances all season  

you need to give your head a wobble if you think we’re getting European football this season. 

They’re all good points if you don’t hold Rodgers to account for the intensity of the training (he could overrule the fitness coaches) 

Theres an underlying issue and Rodgers isn’t addressing it. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

We’re crap now

Don't think we lost a game in jan 2021...(having checked we lost once, but we're top of the table after battering chelsea)

Also think we've played well against Newcastle, Liverpool, Watford (twice) and man utd so that's 5 games at least. With many of those games being more recent.

And we're 10th.

Apart from that a phenomenally well balanced and thought through post.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

33 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

They’re all good points if you don’t hold Rodgers to account for the intensity of the training (he could overrule the fitness coaches) 

Have you attended training and watched? 

8 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’ve not no

But why did Pearson and Ranieri get the credit for keeping players fit, but we can’t criticise when a manager can’t? 

2 broken legs, 1 dead leg leading to an internal bleed, hernia operation there’s 4 players injuries  you can’t blame Rodgers for.

Evens foot injury is a biological issue, ACL & ankle injuries are pot luck in that you can get wiped out by a player or just simply twist or land funny with no other player involved.

Muscle injuries are bread and butter sports injuries, I would guess every team in the league has at least 2 players out with hamstring issue and another with some sort of calf injury right now.

We had 18 separate injuries in 2015/16 but those were spread out so didn’t look like we had any because we virtually saw the same team unlike today with injuries all at once. 
Man C had 69 separate injury incidents in 2015/16 injuries happen it’s part of being a sports professional.

38 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’ve not no

But why did Pearson and Ranieri get the credit for keeping players fit, but we can’t criticise when a manager can’t? 

If Ranieri had his way, the injury list would have been worse under him. Had to be told by the conditioning/sports science staff (still at LCFC) to calm down on the double sessions and do light training more often 

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’ve not no

So you are guess about the intensity then?

Of course you can, but you made out intensity in training is the root cause but in reality you have no proof.

Edited by coolhandfox

6 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

We haven’t put a good run of results together since December 2020

We’re crap now

you need to give your head a wobble if you think we’re getting European football this season. 

We won the FA cup in 2020…..

And if you read my post you would have seen my opinion on the performances. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I wonder if Simeone trains less hard. Guardiola? Tuchel?