Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Tielemans is always gassed at the end of the game, and he ain’t good with his head, understood the sub, but extremely disappointed with our lack of presence at set pieces

No reason to change formation and lose the midfield if Tielemans really can't last the final 5 minutes.  Simply do a like-for-like substitution.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Precisely, half and half. I mean you can argue about it all you want we still conceded from another set piece 😂

We did, the issue being argued here though is should the goal have stood?

Did the ball come into contact with a part of Dawson’s body it is not allowed to? Yes - no goal!

Putting that to one side, and for one minute let’s pretend it’s a clear header.

It is shocking defending, Brendan made the mistake today of bringing Vestergaard on. I see why he did it - it worked fantasticly for 2 years when that player was Wes Morgan. Before this season I can’t think of an equaliser or winner in the last 5 minutes of a game.

The problem Brendan does need to see is Vestergaard is not Wes Morgan - Tielemans for Choudhury might have been a better change.

The other problem we had today was the atmosphere when Vestergaard did come on, I’m watching on tv with the volume down low and you could hear the boos and sense the atmosphere change.

All that said it was a good performance today and showed the players are still behind BR.

Lost 2 points today by panicking and going negative by whacking Vestergaard in.

You k we what was going to happen, albeit it may not have been any of his doing.

Any manager wanting to win that game would have put Ineacho on to just run at THEIR defence and run the game down.

BAD game management  AGAIN.

• Like 3

It is very worrying that he keeps making  the same mistakes. Saying that players aren't good enough etc is all very well but you can't just repeat the same thing of going defensive when everyone can see it's a mistake. Odd, and quite frankly shouldn't be happening , and when you factor in the ridiculous wages to be paid to make these errors its very concerning. Don't trust someone who makes these errors with a rebuild - which I'm not actually convinced we need. Yes, better defenders need to be brought in and more quality additions but there is still a lot if talent in the squad if managed correctly

Interesting how in his online BBC interview he says: “WE made the changes at the end of the game” (i.e. Vestergaard for Tielemans).

In Rodgers’ world it can never be him - and him alone - who is at fault, can it?

That attitude must really piss off the players as much as it does the fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

he will go on making errors coz he is in denial - 

the teams need a psychologist - he needs a mentor (as he is making orr decision right now) - he needs to accept it.  he need a new defensive coach (Toure - the stats dont lie)

...it has been stated many times on this forum, Kolo is not the defensive coach!!!

The fact the team came out after the goal at half time and put a shift in cheered me up but accept his subs were sub optimal .

it’s still Out for me . Until he realises we are better in attacking than defending he        will continue to piss off the support.

I’m always very slow to call for a manager’s head. And I’m not doing so now. But that late substitution was insane. Our defence had actually looked decent in the few corners West Ham had late on. Surely the change in personnel was likely to have the effect of leaving everyone slightly unsure who was marking who? Effectively we confused ourselves. Again, as others have said, Patson was exhausted by the end. Bring on Ayoze or Albo to run distraction.

Brendan’s decision making appears muddled at the moment.

I do take some heart from our second half performance. We looked the team we know we can be.

• Like 3

He got so much horribly wrong today and it might sound like I’m giving him no credit at all but it felt like the second half performance was as much down to the fans whipping up a good atmosphere to try and inject some life into the players than anything Rodgers did. He didn’t change anything tactically in the second half but the fans seemed to feed off the energy in the crowd when it got going.

I’m done with him to be honest, barring a total turnaround in form. Even then I’d still fear us returning to type next season. It’s all too ingrained and I just don’t see him changing.

I also wouldn’t trust him with a rebuild in the summer after his transfer record and his inability to integrate many of the signings into the first team.

If we do need to sell a few and bring in 5 or 6, then maybe that’s the perfect time to change manager rather than risk letting Rodgers rebuild and then sack him next season. That would get us nowhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sankey93 said:

There’s no one out there available who we want! All in jobs I’d suspect and at this point if the season will be very hard to get someone in a job. It’s gone so stale now and something needs to change but I can’t see it unfortunately.

We got in Rodgers at the same time of year ...

Seems a lot of celtic fans where right.

He plays one way and once its sussed out he don't really have a clue.

But they were lucky having a far better team than anyone else.

The scousers said the same.

At the present time our best form of defence is our attack. Playing out from the back we get caught in position. That also allows them to fall back and build a defensive line. But all  we do is the same shite all the time.

Set pieces we crowd your own box out bringing everyone back. We then have no outlet and cause our own confusion.

Ranners left two up top meaning they left 3 back marking them. 5 less bodies in a crowded 18yrd box.

Let's be honest it's the basics Rodgers has lost the plot on. We can all see it, not long ago he said we dont have a problem with set pieces. But we suffered with it last season.

What's it going to take for him to wake up.

44 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

All it tells me is we have shit defence, not a shit manager. 

You didn't notice the late substitution, then?  When you change the personnel and system in your defence with 5 mins to goo you are disrupting your defence and asking for trouble.