Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

This year. 

Rodgers won't be our manager next season IMO. 

Just now, Strokes said:

I’m not so confident.

I am, partly because I think we'll get enough points til the end of the season. And there are worse teams than us. Which isn't a great beacon of hope but it still remains the fact. 

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

You wanted to take 1 of the wide men off Lookman or Albrighton to put Nacho in a 2 against a team that uses the wings to attack??

This reasoning is why we are where we are. Its always thinking about what the opposition is going to do rather than imposing yourself on them and giving them something to think about.

Rodgers biggest weakness is the places too much effort and thought into stopping the opposition.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I liked your post but unliked it after thinking about it.

Trying to look at it objectively rather than my usual criticism of him, he could’ve done 3 things today 

1. Start Ian

2. Put him up front with Daka

3. Put him on whilst we were dominating at 1-1

Fair point and thanks for your honesty!! 

I just feel there's not much more I would have seen different. I did think that KDH tired out and maybe someone like Perez had an opportunity but again it's just guess work. Truthfully Ian had 1 thing to do in the 20 mins he played and he landed flat on his arse. It's not an exact science. 

We're all generals after the war!! 

• Like 2

Just now, Trelleh said:

He’s got no reputation or legacy left to tarnish so do it Top, pull the trigger.

No legacy? 

He'll always have something because of the FA Cup win. 

I think he'll be sacked but harsh to say he has nothing of that left. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Rodgers won't be our manager next season IMO. 

I am, partly because I think we'll get enough points til the end of the season. And there are worse teams than us. Which isn't a great beacon of hope but it still remains the fact. 

I’m not sure it’s a fact, we are in the worst form and those behind us are picking up points at an alarming rate. Stop the rot.

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How many games have any number of fans thought ah we were just unlucky today, nah, we've been rubbish and everybody knows it, but that wasn't the case today, think we did most everything right to get a result at a team away from home who are currently better than us. Kasper should have done better for the first goal and our finishing should have been better. It wasn't all on brendan today at all. 

This 100%, there have been so many games this season where you could argue rodgers was a major factor behind us dropping points, today was not one of them and shouldnt change anything in terms of whether he is sacked or not

• Like 2

Just now, Strokes said:

I’m not sure it’s a fact, we are in the worst form and those behind us are picking up points at an alarming rate. Stop the rot.

Only Newcastle at an alarming rate. 

Everton, Leeds, Brentford, Palace aren't... 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We won't get relegated. 

If that gap gets to 6 pts then our weak minded team will crumble, I wouldn’t fancy us in a scrap and we’re going up against teams fighting for their lives.

Not being able to keep a clean sheet causes huge problems and teams are talking advantage of our soft underbelly.

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

Performance today was very good. Just came up against a settled and ruthless side, who rode their luck.

If performances stay like this, then I might start believing in Brendan again. But its the constant flow of injury woes, that has us in this situation and he is responsible for that. 

defending well is part of a good performance and we are horrific at it

• Like 3

Just now, Strokes said:

they are all within 5 points of us, so it doesn’t take much of an upturn for them to get past us.

And you still have the bottom 3 even if they do. 

Watford are 9pts behind. Burnley are 10 pts. 

I'm not saying we're anything special right now, but we'll do enough (in my humble opinion) to not get sucked into it. 

We were much better today. A rub of the green, or Vardy away from a decent result. We set up as well as we could in the circumstances.

Even Tielemans showed up today.

Not changing my mind until we see out a win and he doesn’t try to sabotage it, but there wasn’t a lot to criticise today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Performance today was very good. Just came up against a settled and ruthless side, who rode their luck.

If performances stay like this, then I might start believing in Brendan again. But its the constant flow of injury woes, that has us in this situation and he is responsible for that. 

I admire the blue tinted view but the performance was not very good.

Its an improvement on recent ones but the same issues remain. Its something to build on.