Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

If anyone wants evidence of the pony Rodgers comes out with then have a butchers at the two completely contradictory interviews he's given in the last week.

Firstly he said the result vs Wolves wouldn't have a bearing on whether we qualify for Europe or not and yet now they've beaten us he concedes it might be too late to qualify for Europe via our league position.

So what's changed Brendan? Thr bloke doesn't even realise he's doing it, he's completely lost the plot.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If anyone wants evidence of the pony Rodgers comes out with then have a butchers at the two completely contradictory interviews he's given in the last week.

Firstly he said the result vs Wolves wouldn't have a bearing on whether we qualify for Europe or not and yet now they've beaten us he concedes it might be too late to qualify for Europe via our league position.

So what's changed Brendan? Thr bloke doesn't even realise he's doing it, he's completely lost the plot.

Speaking of his interviews, one thing I will concede is that over-achieving speech had me agog.  Such a terrible message to send to his team.  An own goal of his own making, purely to stroke hi own ego.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I still reckon he will leave, maybe both parties are hoping for an amicable parting of the ways, Rodgers is ambitious and cannot afford a sacking at this stage in his career as it will set back any hope he has to take on an elite club. It is also in the clubs interests to have a decent finish to the season in the hope a club come in and pay his release clause and we have no pay out so all happy. This leak to the press could be a clever piece of PR by the club to protect his reputation. Similar to how Pearson was manoeuvred out to join Hull 

Excellent post 

I hadn’t thought about his release clause ……..likely to have to wait until the summer though ….

1 minute ago, murphy said:

The trouble is, this toad doesn't see anywhere better to jump to.

If someone can come up with a plan and a successor that is better than giving Rodgers a fresh start with a fit squad next year, I might be on board.  All I hear is a clamour to sack him with no thought beyond that.

Well it's complete conjecture in regards to managers because there's seldom many rumours about potential successors until its very close to happening so fans are hiding behind the fact they don't see a viable alternative as a reason to continue with the current incumbent. Is it our job to come up with them? Did you want us to continue with Puel until you heard Rodgers was the target days after he was sacked?

I'm happy to come up with some, which I've already done on a number of occasions but many fans are too lazy to poke about and consider what managers there are who we could attract. 

Three questions I’d love to have answered by the ‘Rodgers in’ brigade

1. Why do so many of you believe the squad isn’t good enough (because Rodgers said so whilst covering his ass) when the core of the squad is exactly the same as the one who finished 5th and won the Cup less than a year ago?

2. Because your answer to No 1 is going to include the injury list- What makes you so sure that these injuries are magically going to disappear next season to allow us to ‘kick on’ when they haven’t disappeared for 6 months now? 

3. Why are you so trusting of Rodgers to recruit these much talked about fresh faces in the summer when by his own words the players HE signed last summer aren’t good enough? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Speaking of his interviews, one thing I will concede is that over-achieving speech had me agog.  Such a terrible message to send to his team.  An own goal of his own making, purely to stroke hi own ego.

And yet it's done exactly what he set out to do, get those in the media sticking up for him and pedalling this nonsense. There was some back lash from the fans but it's been repeatedly washed out by pundits, journalists and the usual mob. He's got a reputation that is protected whilst he's at a gig like ours, as soon as he's back in the spot light at a club that the media give a shit about then he'd be scrutinised severely again. Such a cushy job this is at £10m a year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You realise managers say all kinds of shite in the media? 

You could probably find contradictions from managers every single week so don't get why that's another stick to beat Rodgers with. 

Some managers are cleverly media trained and will do a lot to protect their players ie. They'll say one thing to the media but what happens in private in the dressing rooms/training grounds etc could be totally different. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

1. Why do so many of you believe the squad isn’t good enough (because Rodgers said so whilst covering his ass) when the core of the squad is exactly the same as the one who finished 5th and won the Cup less than a year ago?

2. Because your answer to No 1 is going to include the injury list- What makes you so sure that these injuries are magically going to disappear next season to allow us to ‘kick on’ when they haven’t disappeared for 6 months now? 

3. Why are you so trusting of Rodgers to recruit these much talked about fresh faces in the summer when by his own words the players HE signed last summer aren’t good enough? 

Really need to step away from the idea it’s Rodgers in or Rodgers out. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

the squad is good enough if we have an average level of injuries.   

we can only plan for that - no club can plan for the level of injuries we are suffering. and its a vicious circle this season as we play those who aren't ready or need a rest. 

we will lose YT and that presents a huge problem for us. he makes us tick and without him the first team isn't good enough. he is that important to us. i presume rodgers also knows that we are likely to lose another important member of the first team in the summer.

bouba is still an unknown  - plenty of good european pundits told us he was a good signing - we need to give him time to settle. bertrand looked fine pre his covid experience. daka was a sought after player out there. ademola looks reasonable at the option we have.  vestergaard is the elephant in the room  - without fofana's injury we wouldnt have signed him - it was a late window panic signing. it hasn't worked out. 

i hope congerton goes soon - he had a terrible reputation for many reasons - we will never know how involved he has been in which signings ...........  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Correct.

But they also were poor in Europe throughout his tenure, they also suffered countless injuries and his tactics were being questioned game after game. Did they achieve that purely through having better players than any of the competition?

Their recruitment was up and down as well, much like ours and Liverpools under him.

Celtic..before & After Rodgers always failed in Europe...except that famous historical once...

Top Many posters Hanging Too dear on conspiracy theories...

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You realise managers say all kinds of shite in the media? 

You could probably find contradictions from managers every single week so don't get why that's another stick to beat Rodgers with. 

Some managers are cleverly media trained and will do a lot to protect their players ie. They'll say one thing to the media but what happens in private in the dressing rooms/training grounds etc could be totally different. 

To be fair Rodgers comes out with more shit than most. I pay little attention to what he says in the media, largely because its normally horse shit.

My favourite was in his first season with us when he used to say he knew how the opposition would score....be helpful to try and stop that then mate.

At least he's been consistent with this during his reign with us.

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Well obviously there can be people undecided.

But my question’s are aimed at those with the complete blind faith towards him

But your questions have the exact same questions in reverse I am afraid. Nobody on here KNOWS (or at least cannot share) the information we would need to make an informed judgement, so just end up with binary conclusions, either in or out based our own takes on what been said by he/she/they.

It’s just not possible to get a consensus, I would be surprised if anyone is 100% either in or out, in fact it’s not possible to be so sure beyond partisan beliefs deriving from our opinions

Taking into consideration Brendan’s interviews and comments this season, I think it’s quite clear he’s had enough himself and wants to go.

I think those who have suggested that the club and Brendan have probably come to a resolution in terms of allowing him to walk away in the summer could be true. The leaked news of him potentially being sacked like a few have said is rather clever, because no matter what it will put the likes of United on alert…. No doubt Brendan has a reputation which precedes him, and this media protection simply makes it appear like he’s taken the small lowly Leicester as far as he can….. United are daft enough to make a move, because they could do with a media darling considering what’s happening there.

So, I reckon that conversations have definitely been had, and regardless, Brendan will be gone in the summer, if things get so bad and we get dragged into a relegation fight, then I’m sure the club will pull the trigger. They’ve potentially offered him a good incentive to have a good end to the season, win the ECL and then that will more or less seal his move away.

I genuinely don’t believe he wants to be here, I think after the charity shield he was expecting to be snapped up, but it never happened, or perhaps United did enquire and we said no, hence his sudden change in attitude, bizarre comments and lack of ****s given, in short I think he has turned his head to something else, and this is one of the reasons our form has died.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We finished 5th, regardless of whether you see it as an achievement or failure, and never improved the squad. The summer signings haven't made us any better so how can we get better? Right wing is still an issue for us, massively. Our injury list has then influenced the season massively. If we had this many injuries last season, we wouldn't have finished 5th. Look at Liverpool, look at their injuries last season and their results. 

Injuries aren't to blame for everything, and I'm more interested as to why we keep getting them, but it doesn't take a genius to work out any team is worse of without their best players.

You make a good point in question 2 and, as I said above, I am interested/concerned where these injuries keep coming from. I said, about two months ago about reoccuring injuries and someone laughed me off but to me they are reoccuring because it's the same injury, hamstring injury, over and over. Something is either not right in training or not right in the pre match warm ups.

All managers sign poor players. We signed too many last summer, which I have eluded too. But it's the same Rodgers that signed us the likes of Justin, Castagne and Fofona. 

19 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

1. We have stood still, big 6 have spent vast fortunes distancing us. Our team is great, our squad is cack.

2. No-one is sure, but the question has an opposing question/opinion, so I will go with my preferred answer unless contradictory proof appears.

3. Because Rob Tanner implied he had a slapped wrist from changing recruitment direction, and I want to believe that, so I will :D

11 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Well obviously there can be people undecided.

But my question’s are aimed at those with the complete blind faith towards him

The language is dividing and toxic which doesn’t lead to decent debate. I doubt you’ll find anyone who has ‘blind faith’

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

All managers sign poor players. We signed too many last summer, which I have eluded too. But it's the same Rodgers that signed us the likes of Justin, Castagne and Fofona. 

For all the grief Rodgers gets Vestergaard and Perez. The previous managers have made some awful signings as well (Nige included albeit normally less risky). 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I'm not Rodgers in, but:

1. There isn't the depth to consistently compete at top 5 level. The injuries amplify that in numerous ways.

2. They aren't, but something needs to be done about the aging side of the squad (Evand, Vardy, Kasper) and the guys who probably aren't good enough to be in the consistent top tier team (Hamza, Amartey, Perez, Mendy), and those who have one eye elsewhere (Youri and possibly Maddison?)

3. Not sure he said that.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

But your questions have the exact same questions in reverse I am afraid. Nobody on here KNOWS (or at least cannot share) the information we would need to make an informed judgement, so just end up with binary conclusions, either in or out based our own takes on what been said by he/she/they.

It’s just not possible to get a consensus, I would be surprised if anyone is 100% either in or out, in fact it’s not possible to be so sure beyond partisan beliefs deriving from our opinions

I’m afraid I’m 100% in the ‘out’ camp. The last 2.5 games haven’t done anything to sway me from that either. Bar an absolutely unbelievable summer and us hitting the ground running next season, no injuries, Rodgers having a bit of versatility and losing some of his stubbornness, I’ll want him out of this club until the day he goes. 

I do agree that based on the last 2.5 games, Rodgers probably hasn’t lost the dressing room though. 

If, like me, someone is a massive believer in the squad we have (with one or two exceptions) then they’d possibly also think like me- Maybe a different manager could get these players playing to their ability once again, without the need to shell out £xxxm in the summer. 

Also, I wonder whether a new manager (if impressive enough) would be able to tempt Youri and other better players to stay this summer. I know that that’s total conjecture on my part, but it still makes me wonder. 

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Celtic..before & After Rodgers always failed in Europe...except that famous historical once...

Top Many posters Hanging Too dear on conspiracy theories...

Not true that though is it. Even Neil Lennon got us to CL last 16, Strachan done it twice, both managers in relative terms who had far less finances to play with than Rodgers.

Just comparing him to most other Celtic managers Rodgers record in Europe with Celtic was crap, as evidenced by him presiding over our two record defeats, telling us what we were doing was playing "without fear". In actual fact it was us getting utterly humped.

Going wider than that another ex Leicester manager actually got us to a European final you know.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

Just now, jamesp26 said:

I'm not Rodgers in, but:

1. There isn't the depth to consistently compete at top 5 level. The injuries amplify that in numerous ways.

2. They aren't, but something needs to be done about the aging side of the squad (Evand, Vardy, Kasper) and the guys who probably aren't good enough to be in the consistent top tier team (Hamza, Amartey, Perez, Mendy), and those who have one eye elsewhere (Youri and possibly Maddison?)

3. Not sure he said that.

I wasn’t even talking about finishing in the Top 5 this season- Beating Warsaw and Forest would’ve been nice though. 

The ageing squad is an issue, but also isn’t a surprise. Vardys 35th birthday didn’t magically spring up on Rodgers. Neither did any of the others

He didn’t say that specifically about the players he signed. But you can’t finish 5th one season, then claim they’re not good enough the next season. Therefore he must surely be talking about the likes of his own summer signings? 

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Taking into consideration Brendan’s interviews and comments this season, I think it’s quite clear he’s had enough himself and wants to go.

I honestly think his plan was to be back at a 'big 6' club by now. But unfortunately for him he's still slumming it at LCFC. It's all going wrong, for him and us.

• Like 1