Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok. You are out means out, I get it. So if we won every game until the end of the season, we won the conference windscreens cup and got into the Europa that way, and we (not he) had an amazing summer window, you would still want him to go. Don’t give me he won’t, just respond as if he did.

I will say that if the Forest performance had become a consistent, he would have had to go.

Mine would be out if that happened 

Ive seen enough from him that I know the weaknesses will keep appearing and he will keep deflecting blame and pulling the wool over peoples eyes till the damage is too much to ignore.

We trust him with this "rebuild" and it'll set back our pgoress a number of years.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

You realise managers say all kinds of shite in the media? 

You could probably find contradictions from managers every single week so don't get why that's another stick to beat Rodgers with. 

Some managers are cleverly media trained and will do a lot to protect their players ie. They'll say one thing to the media but what happens in private in the dressing rooms/training grounds etc could be totally different. 

Hold up, the bloke has literally had a game of cock, muff, bumhole with himself inside a week. I get managers will contradict themselves, everyone does. We change opinion and beliefs but he's done it on less than a week on the sole outcome that he said wouldn't decide something. In the same manner he said there wasn't a problem with set pieces, cue another horrid debacle and then he said there was.

That one you could understand he's finally admitted to a failing but you never know what on earth he's thinking. 

7 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

No League win in 2022. The pressure is mounting. It's a results business and we're letting in too many goals and losing too many games. We played well last night but we're wasteful in front of goal, and that tells you our confidence is low. Perhaps holding our nerve until the end of the season is the right thing to do. And unless we do get dragged further down the table, I think the club will persevere with him. But at the end of the season, I hope we show Rodgers the door and start a new chapter.

This season has been a car crash of injuries, especially Fofana, Evans, and recently Vardy.

The club didn’t sanction replacements in January, and Rodgers is forced to continue with backup players in the most competitive league in the world.

The season is a write off, but we are starting to show some good but unlucky performances.

I think the club will give him the benefit of the doubt this season, and only

pull the trigger if relegation looks likely (ie no results/points over the next month) or we are still not winning next season when the squad is fit again.

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Three questions I’d love to have answered by the ‘Rodgers in’ brigade

1. Why do so many of you believe the squad isn’t good enough (because Rodgers said so whilst covering his ass) when the core of the squad is exactly the same as the one who finished 5th and won the Cup less than a year ago?

2. Because your answer to No 1 is going to include the injury list- What makes you so sure that these injuries are magically going to disappear next season to allow us to ‘kick on’ when they haven’t disappeared for 6 months now? 

3. Why are you so trusting of Rodgers to recruit these much talked about fresh faces in the summer when by his own words the players HE signed last summer aren’t good enough? 

Why cant you take, many others  Dont get over emotional & in know-all projections to sell their not so desperate opinions....

Plus many are not Desperate to make up theories,from any individuals past....

Rodgers like any potential Good to Top managers,anywhere .....will have many Good points Running parallel to bad points....

In the same vane, how many have lost  Regular their Backbone & top fringe players,then see them consistently return for only Short periods...

l will Let fate & owners Play this hand...

34 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Agreed, but it's strikingly similar to ourselves and Liverpool. Why can't he guide a team into the latter stages of a European competition (hope that changes this year).

Brenden Rodgers being poor is Europe is no conspiracy theory lol Check his history of matches, from Liverpool to Celtic to ourselves. Failing to quality in our EL group this year was scandalous.

If Vardy scores a penalty we qualify, he didn’t we don’t

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hold up, the bloke has literally had a game of cock, muff, bumhole with himself inside a week. I get managers will contradict themselves, everyone does. We change opinion and beliefs but he's done it on less than a week on the sole outcome that he said wouldn't decide something. In the same manner he said there wasn't a problem with set pieces, cue another horrid debacle and then he said there was.

That one you could understand he's finally admitted to a failing but you never know what on earth he's thinking. 

I don't know what kind of games you know or play, but I want no part of them lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

If Vardy scores a penalty we qualify, he didn’t we don’t

We should have breezed through that group with our squad and our resources. Yes football isn't played on paper but we played well twice in 6 games, and that's being generous as we conceded 4 against Spartak and Daka was on fire.

We seem to be the unluckiest team in the world according to our fans, at some point you've gotta start to think maybe we're creating our own luck (much like every other team seems to).

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To it even being that decisive in a group with Spartak and Legia is very poor though, both teams are pure horse manure and we naused it up big time.

Warsaw about 16th in the table and we couldn't even manage to obtain 2 points from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not true that though is it. Even Neil Lennon got us to CL last 16, Strachan done it twice, both managers in relative terms who had far less finances to play with than Rodgers.

Just comparing him to most other Celtic managers Rodgers record in Europe with Celtic was crap, as evidenced by him presiding over our two record defeats, telling us what we were doing was playing "without fear". In actual fact it was us getting utterly humped.

Going wider than that another ex Leicester manager actually got us to a European final you know.

For expected Celtic decades of OTT hype...They ain't done too much in Europe...Out of all British Europe wanna bees, Manutd nothing special, London clubs participation only now Chelsea are building a strong era..Then their is L'pool who have again just kicked off & must be respected for their European incisions...Man.city not even a Celtic..

Leicester have not even started, the future will see how it pans out...

Rodgers did his job at Celtic....that history like his L'pool history has no bearing..& I can't remember any club,players or manager, who after potential good European & home league top experiences, had their squad over 14-16 months consistently cut into. Even returnees being re-hit..

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If what you've heard is true, then why hasn't been sacked already?

Who knows, it probably wasn't true?

The constant blasting of people giving out the occasional 'ITK' post on here is ****ing pathetic. Take what you hear with a pinch of salt and if it turns out to be bollocks just move on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Baring in mind this is largely the same group of players as under Puel in his final season I thought it would be relevant to consider what got Claude the sack.

He got 9 league wins in his first 21 games of that 2018/19 season. We currently have 7 from 23 games. Puel then went on to lose 5 of the next 6 games thst got him the sack, as well as an embarrassing FA Cup exit to lower league fodder. We've 3 losses in our last 5 with the other 2 draws as well as the Forest debacle, but with the Randers win as well and we've already shipped 43 goals in 23 league games, we conceded 48 in the entire 2018/19 season.

If he isn't under pressure then it's absolutely wild from our board, I know they've been bowled over by him hence allowing him to run amok with who to bring in in the recruitment department and other area that now are heavily influenced by him but there comes crunch point where they'll not be able to ignore it and we can't be far off that. I thought it would be this month but without at least 1 or 2 league wins then it'll be sooner rather than later, there's no way he can survive unless the club are happy to risk relegation (unlikely to happen but by sticking with him whilst we rack up defeat after defeat is just as telling in the messaging).

End of the road, get him gone.

Very interesting that, cheers. It's worse than I thought it was.

I think he's on thin ice and Europe is going to play a big part in this. I think we will do enough to win the odd game, to stay around where we are in the table if not creep into the top half. I think the board will be accepting of our league position around mid-table, barring any absolute shit shows like Forest again. That is with the caveat that we keep going in Europe. 

I think if we get knocked out of Europe before the Semis and we're still in the same sort of league position I reckon he could well be toast.

Can't remember who said it now but I completely disagree with someone's assertion that this board moves on the feeling of the fanbase.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2022 at 09:04, Corky said:

Being tall doesn't mean you are automatically good in the air. Likewise, being smaller doesn't mean you are useless in aerial duels- two of the best headers of the ball I've seen were Muzzy Izzet and Iain Hume- both probably a foot shorter than Vestergaard but used timing and desire to compensate. Ricardo's header was great due to those things I've mentioned.

If he was that concerned about height in the box late on chuck Choudhury/ Mendy in the middle and move Ndidi back. 

Edited by Steve Earle
Goofed

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

That’s it then, he’s gone. The dreaded vote of (no) confidence. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tbf the gap has increased too that hasn't it? The gap between Barca/PSG to Celtic in the last five to seven years has accelerated at a stupid pace that it's killed Europe's premier competition. I think his European record at Celtic doesn't really tell the full story

4th in a group containing Barca, Man City and Monchengladbach. Got 3 draws there including two good performances v Man City

Anderlecht, PSG, Bayern Munich - finished 3rd - knocked out by Zenit

Knocked out by AEK Athens in CL Qualifying bad result - but out of European football by Leipzig. 

Strachan and Lennon never had two outright favourites within their group when they qualified for the last 16. Both probably about par with Rodgers for some stinking results in qualification as well though 

They did actually, Lennon had probably the best club side of all time to contend with in Barcelona, and managed to beat them. Strachan had Man Utd in the group, complete with Ronney and Ronaldo who were outright favourites and we beat them at Celtic park and were unlucky to lose 3-2 at Old Trafford. Strachan the other season also had AC Milan who were the Champions League holders, again we beat them at Celtic park. For perspective Man City or PSG have never won the Champions League at all.

Also those two seasons Rodgers managed to inflict on us our record defeat at the Nou Camp, then went one better the next season and broke that record again as we got trounced in Paris, trying to pass the ball out from our own box against a front three of Mbappe, Cavani and Neymar. 

Those sides I mention had guys like Paul Telfer, Adam Matthews, Joe Ledley, Kris Commons, Paul Hartley, Barry Robson. I could go on.

Rodgers had more resources relatively than any Celtic manager in history in Europe and performed tangibly worse than most of his counterparts in recent history.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

For expected Celtic decades of OTT hype...They ain't done too much in Europe...Out of all British Europe wanna bees, Manutd nothing special, London clubs participation only now Chelsea are building a strong era..Then their is L'pool who have again just kicked off & must be respected for their European incisions...Man.city not even a Celtic..

Leicester have not even started, the future will see how it pans out...

Rodgers did his job at Celtic....that history like his L'pool history has no bearing..& I can't remember any club,players or manager, who after potential good European & home league top experiences, had their squad over 14-16 months consistently cut into. Even returnees being re-hit..

I'm not trying to argue the point that we've done much in Europe my point is merely we've had managers with far less resources than Rodgers who have done markedly better in Europe, it's pretty black and white that one.

Rodgers was immensely successful at Celtic, domestically, again I'm not disagreeing with you there. I've said that countless times and he gave me some of my greatest memories as a Celtic fan and I was devastated when he left. All that said though, his record in Europe just in comparison to other Celtic managers, with less resources, with far more workmanlike teams on paper was pretty poor.

If you look at that at all of his clubs, Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester he's underachieved at every single one of them in Europe, when patterns like that emerge you can't ignore them. Last season Leicester should have been reaching the Europa League semi-finals mimimum imo.

11 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

They did actually, Lennon had probably the best club side of all time to contend with in Barcelona, and managed to beat them. Strachan had Man Utd in the group, complete with Ronney and Ronaldo who were outright favourites and we beat them at Celtic park and were unlucky to lose 3-2 at Old Trafford. Strachan the other season also had AC Milan who were the Champions League holders, again we beat them at Celtic park. For perspective Man City or PSG have never won the Champions League at all.

Also those two seasons Rodgers managed to inflict on us our record defeat at the Nou Camp, then went one better the next season and broke that record again as we got trounced in Paris, trying to pass the ball out from our own box against a front three of Mbappe, Cavani and Neymar. 

Those sides I mention had guys like Paul Telfer, Adam Matthews, Joe Ledley, Kris Commons, Paul Hartley, Barry Robson. I could go on.

Rodgers had more resources relatively than any Celtic manager in history in Europe and performed tangibly worse than most of his counterparts in recent history.

You’ve misunderstood my comment - I said two outright favourites - Strachan and Lennon when they qualified from the CL group stages didn’t have a team with the quality of say Man City or PSG to contend for the second place to qualify. Let alone Gladbach as well. 

Lennon had a group of Barca, Spartak and Benfica 

Strachan had a group of Man U, Copenhagen and Benfica. Then a group of Shakhtar, Milan and Benfica. 

Them groups have no clear favourite for the second spot ala Man City or PSG