Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You qualify 2nd in the group. You seem to ignore that. The competition for that second place was much harder than Strachan and Lennon faced. The quality of the second seeds was much strong 

Bayern Munich and Barcelona were the equilvant of AC Milan and Man United eg the top seeds.

I don't ignore it, I just don't see it as a factor in terms of the original debate of Rodgers being hopeless in Europe, it's jsut minute detail and it doesn't change the landscape at all. No celtic fans expected him to make the last 16, that's not the issue, it was the pastings we got and how he approached it and how ultimately results were poorer than some of his predecessors with far less resources.

Staying on the original point again, this poor track record in Europe is prevelant at the other clubs he's been at also, namely Liverpool and Leicester.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I don't think there will be a dangerous slide though, we seem to be stepping things back up now. We've just got crap defenders and a lot of injuries; not saying you, but I don't get why it gets over complicated by a section of our fans.

Yeah not saying there will either tbh that's why I emphasised if it happens.

13 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I don't ignore it, I just don't see it as a factor in terms of the original debate of Rodgers being hopeless in Europe, it's jsut minute detail and it doesn't change the landscape at all. No celtic fans expected him to make the last 16, that's not the issue, it was the pastings we got and how he approached it and how ultimately results were poorer than some of his predecessors with far less resources.

Staying on the original point again, this poor track record in Europe is prevelant at the other clubs he's been at also, namely Liverpool and Leicester.

...he seems easily outwitted by European managers...he just cannot get to gips with it all!!!

His best bet would be to go to Europe and get to see how their managers view the game and apply himself to learning, it is never too late. Perhaps he might begin to bring on a big man when the opposition introduce one upfront and call it in anyway a "tactical move", that ploy, went out with the Ark!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he seems easily outwitted by European managers...he just cannot get to gips with it all!!!

His best bet would be to go to Europe and get to see how their managers view the game and apply himself to learning, it is never too late. Perhaps he might begin to bring on a big man when the opposition introduce one upfront and call it in anyway a "tactical move", that ploy, went out with the Ark!!

To be fair, this season he’s been outwitted by most managers, not just European ones!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Players being recruited should be down the recruitment dept and their standard methodology 

the coach should have the option of saying no but he shouldn’t be able to put players forward if they don’t fit into our standard system of recruitment 

I tend to agree and this is how it tends to work at most clubs who operate the transfer market successfully nowadays. The coach identifies the type of player he needs and the recruitment team are then responsible for finding who that player is.

New managers are so often overrated ask Watford, Everton, Spurs etc. You get a couple of victories and then back to the usual. Even Tuchell is getting that now. In the end its down to the players. Man.Utd have tried several new managers since Ferguson and are still searching. A new manager now might stop any slide into danger but I would not be optimistic about any massive improvement. Next season should be better for us concerning injuries and a top eight finish would be an acceptable result. It takes time to build a new team capable of challenging top six and it may take a couple of years.

• Like 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

New managers are so often overrated ask Watford, Everton, Spurs etc. You get a couple of victories and then back to the usual. Even Tuchell is getting that now. In the end its down to the players. Man.Utd have tried several new managers since Ferguson and are still searching. A new manager now might stop any slide into danger but I would not be optimistic about any massive improvement. Next season should be better for us concerning injuries and a top eight finish would be an acceptable result. It takes time to build a new team capable of challenging top six and it may take a couple of years.

I think Tuchel almost disproves your point a bit tbh. He took a set of players who were vastly underperforming under Lampard and turned them into champions league winners.

I do agree however if you have a rotten set of players with a collective honking attitude like at Man Utd then who you have as manager becomes pretty academic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think Tuchel almost disproves your point a bit tbh. He took a set of players who were vastly underperforming under Lampard and turned them into champions league winners.

I do agree however if you have a rotten set of players with a collective honking attitude like at Man Utd then who you have as manager becomes pretty academic.

Man.Utd. have great players but have a poor team ethic and too much ego. If Roy Keane had been their captain he would have soon knocked that out of them. Actually Keane's ruthless captaincy made Ferguson's job much easier. I wish we had that sort of on field leadership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Tend to agree and regarding Man Utd, they are like an ant farm, it’s fascinating.  lol

4 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Very disappointed with the news he has the backing of the club. For me he is not the man to rebuild a side. I can see us limping (literally) to 40 points ish and then the fcucker walking in the summer to another job leaving a bloody mess behind him. 

Most clubs do this, they will issue a statement backing the manager, but in reality it means very little, it doesnt mean hes immune to losing his job.  He was never going to be fired at this stage of the season anyway.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That Chelsea squad was underperforming....Any manager at Chelsea with that Quality squad Couldnt turn to any excuses...

though Tuchel still tries everyweek....He s done brilliantly, But we cant compare Chelseas Ressources to ours...

If was A job Too early ,and a job Too far for Lampard he was too young..

But it Shows their players, were a fking group of lazy bastards who Couldnt Think for themselves,

and needed a simple Routine that many Top European managers usually bring with them...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Most clubs do this, they will issue a statement backing the manager, but in reality it means very little, it doesnt mean hes immune to losing his job.  He was never going to be fired at this stage of the season anyway.

Rodgers is not the guy to rebuild the squad (- I have ranted about his lack of leadership before).    But in reality Top has to decide who to go for... it would be crazy to fire Rodgers without having a new guy ready.  I hope he is lining someone up right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

....it works both ways, it shows outwardly that the club is backing him and also allows the club the get out, to say enough is enough after any further series of poor results!!!

As we have seen before the parting of ways follows shortly after the clubs' statement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Man.Utd. have great players but have a poor team ethic and too much ego. If Roy Keane had been their captain he would have soon knocked that out of them. Actually Keane's ruthless captaincy made Ferguson's job much easier. I wish we had that sort of on field leadership.

I don't know why they haven't got him in on the management coaching team or even manager you wouldn't see another bad performance from them I bet 

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers is not the guy to rebuild the squad (- I have ranted about his lack of leadership before).    But in reality Top has to decide who to go for... it would be crazy to fire Rodgers without having a new guy ready.  I hope he is lining someone up right now.

I agree, always best to have someone ready to go, we dont want a panic appointment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ely fox said:

If he stays this summer, presumably he will be given money to buy new players. What a massive risk seeing some of his absolute shockers he has bought already to the club. I’d prefer a new manager to do the rebuild. 

Fofona, Justin, Castagne were all brought in under Rodgers too.

All managers sign good players and bad players.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'm fed up of people bringing Shakespeare up. It's a joke. Rodgers has us bottom of the "form table", a table that Shakespeare constantly had us bottom of. When Rodgers has us in the bottom three, like Shakespeare did, then I'll concede.

I can realise how bad we are currently. But we're still better than we were under Shakespeare.

Rodgers is paid £10m a year. 

I have never understood how he is responsible for our long injury list…..the actual injuries are nothing to do with Brendan, whatsoever, the date the players return to action, is presumably set by the highly qualified medical staff,responsible for giving  the Manager professional advice, and any player who isn’t ready to return, but does, must be crazy…Justin, Fofana,Perreira, Barnes, all suffered ligament/fractures, Vardy, Evans hamstrings, (both 34), and Castagne long term muscle injury.

Am I missing s

• Like 4