Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Fair chance he has. Throws players under the bus. Has basically said half the first team are not good enough.

Also his boring football.

Who would want to play for him.

That's on him then as he's been here long enough now that it's very much his team in every sense.

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You'd think with our first choice defenders finally all available it would free the team up to play a more expansive game. If anything Rodgers has pulled the handbrake on even more. Little Wes has played 8 games since his return, and we've only won one of them.

Just 6 goals too, one being an own goal

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That's on him then as he's been here long enough now that it's very much his team in every sense.

But he should not make comments like that it's going to piss people off.

But personally his boring tactics have done it for me. I have no interest in watching us now. Could not even be arsed to change channels last night. At 56 I've seen some shite teams. But none have ever bored me as much as this team can.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

But he should not make comments like that it's going to piss people off.

But personally his boring tactics have done it for me. I have no interest in watching us now. Could not even be arsed to change channels last night. At 56 I've seen some shite teams. But none have ever bored me as much as this team can.

He shouldn't but I don't know why folk are surprised, he'll always try and deflect as opposed to shouldering the blame himself. He was the same at Celtic and Liverpool before that when things didn't go so well.

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He shouldn't but I don't know why folk are surprised, he'll always try and deflect as opposed to shouldering the blame himself. He was the same at Celtic and Liverpool before that when things didn't go so well.

I know I went on other forums when we got him. As far as I'm concerned the sooner he's gone the better.

Right now I have very little interest in the club I've loved all my life.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Was there or was there not 100+ pages just on defending corners & 1 common theme being why do we put all our players in the box not allowing an out ie someone up top.
Well then he does that & recently its been 3 players (our quicker players) which meant they have to leave players behind reducing the amount of players in the box but now work the maths again & we are not then blessed with tall players, our 3 tallest 2x CB & JJ marked their 3 CBs we are then limited in cover for marking Zaniolo & Abraham unfortunately it was Abraham's that scored but lets say Evan's marks him & Smalling then scored because Ricardo had to mark him, this isn't Ice Hockey where we can have rolling subs for set plays & bring on Vestergaard, we just got a short arse team

Agreed with the size of our players and I suppose the fact that Ndidi is out doesn't exactly help in that area either. 

However, whilst admittedly on first glance, numerically, height wise, although at a disadvantage, we still didn't get the best use out of what assets we've got!

Abrahams is absolutely their main threat from corners attacking wise and also one of their best players at defending them! Should he not therefore be dealt with accordingly ie with our best player to mitigate that threat, either height wise Fofana or experience wise Evans? You would then match up accordingly to whoever, if you've done your homework, is considered the next more serious threat in the line.

• Like 1

Just now, sylofox said:

I know I went on other forums when we got him. As far as I'm concerned the sooner he's gone the better.

Right now I have very little interest in the club I've loved all my life.

My feelings entirely. I see Rodgers as a malevolent force that is more than likely going to cause our club great harm for years to come. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

But if it's such an issue he's had enough budget over the time he's been here to identify it. Aggression and positivity aren't the same but okay. 

Interested to know your thoughts on his young team comments?

Our starting 11 last night had a higher average age than Roma

27.5 vs 26.8

The average age of the subs they brought on was 26.3

The average age of the subs we brought on was 26.5

• Like 2

I'd just like to add that anyone saying 'I want him sacked but it's not my job to replace him' is wanting their argumentative cake and eat it (again). 

Why? Well, by your logic, it's also not your job to sack him, so that point of view is rendered null and void. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

My feelings entirely. I see Rodgers as a malevolent force that is more than likely going to cause our club great harm for years to come. 

Fair enough, but let me offer a counter point to this statement

- is it actually the direction of top level football, specifically in England, that is turning you off what is being offered?

Are Leicester really that unique in what they are offering? I could suggest perhaps not?

Our contemporaries offer similar fair to what we are offered, I mean even Man City are frightfully dull at times, and it is only really (through gritted overly white teeth) Liverpool who regularly serve up bombastic, seat of the pants football, and I am not talking about outlier performances, the rare amazing match.

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

27.5 vs 26.8

Just pushing an excuse that isn't even legitimate 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fair enough, but let me offer a counter point to this statement

- is it actually the direction of top level football, specifically in England, that is turning you off what is being offered?

Are Leicester really that unique in what they are offering? I could suggest perhaps not?

Our contemporaries offer similar fair to what we are offered, I mean even Man City are frightfully dull at times, and it is only really (through gritted overly white teeth) Liverpool who regularly serve up bombastic, seat of the pants football, and I am not talking about outlier performances, the rare amazing match.

I think there's some truth in that in fairness. There are of course times to take a more pragmatic approach but there are also times where players should be allowed more freedom against lesser opponents, particularly if you've got some really half decent one's like we have. Even Klopp and Pep tweak things occasionally. 

You can't play champagne and oyster football with beer and chips players and whilst our players aren't exactly beer and chips, neither should they reasonably be expected to mimic Barcelona from the past because it just ain't going to happen. A clever manager surely adopts or adapts a style suitable to the players he actually has and not wishes to have. From a managers point of view it's probably more about winning the game than providing entertainment for the fans. However, Rodgers is failing on both counts. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'd just like to add that anyone saying 'I want him sacked but it's not my job to replace him' is wanting their argumentative cake and eat it (again). 

Why? Well, by your logic, it's also not your job to sack him, so that point of view is rendered null and void. 

Or... Some fans are concerned at this season's underperformance and think a change could work wonders but don't have a broad enough knowledge of world football to reel off a list of potential replacements? And I include myself in that.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 2

Not sure how  some of you are drag in silly debate "if you want Brendan sacked, why dont you fine replacement??" from people who are happy that we were 1 header away from tie breaker against Roma

pathetic 

Yesterday was so underwhelming. Rogers won us an FA cup, which is and was amazing, I've always wanted him to do great things here. Can't help but think we may have peaked and this is just our level now. 

There's one game in 5 we look world beaters and there's always a sense of "it's finally about to come together" with the possession football. It never does. We crumble far too often.

Feels like last night was an end of an era. It's so deflating. 

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think there's some truth in that in fairness. There are of course times to take a more pragmatic approach but there are also times where players should be allowed more freedom, particularly if you've got some really half decent one's like we have. Even Klopp and Pep tweak things occasionally. 

You can't play champagne and oyster football with beer and chips players and whilst our players aren't exactly beer and chips, neither should they reasonably be expected to mimic Barcelona from the past because it just ain't going to happen. A clever manager surely adopts or adapts a style suitable to the players he actually has and not wishes to have. From a managers point of view it's probably more about winning the game than providing entertainment for the fans. However, Rodgers is failing on both counts. 

Again, fair enough and I do not disagree with any of this. Was surprised to see the line up yesterday, and thought it was a bit dumb as although it was attacking it lacked brains in my opnion.

• Harvey is great when on form as a battering ram, but he lacks subtelty and craft when faced with a defensively astute team sitting deep, and this is something Brendan should have considered surely,
    • Lookman should have been on the left
  • Perez and Kelechi should have started as they have guile and the technical capability to move the Roma team around.
    • Perez would also have bought cheap fouls
  • Tielemans....well....FA Cup, right?
    • But who else? If we give Bouba the first year get out clause, Hamza?

For me he stays, but this is the last chance saloon now, and then only because he sounds like he will no longer be allowed carte blanche on transfers.

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
43 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

27.5 vs 26.8

First leg he said it was a young team and we had the joint-highest average age of any of the 12 sides playing in European semi finals that week.

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

First leg he said it was a young team and we had the joint-highest average age of any of the 12 sides playing in European semi finals that week.

Rodgers is bonkers and pushes any narative that takes the focus if his own tactics and decisions 

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I think it's easy to throw the "not playing for the manager shout", not that I necessarily think your wrong. My biggest concern is that they don't seem to be playing for the club, which, personal opinion, I think is an identity of this Rodgers team and style of play. Almost as if we have stripped back the core of our mentality in an attempt to make us a calm and focused total footballing outfit.

Agree, the "more physicality" that comes out after every loss is a huge smokescreen. He signs the type of players he wants and they're largely fairly characterless. If he was given £1/4bn to spend we'd end up with the same style of player.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ttfn said:

What a crock of sh*te. All the excuses offerred, no responsibility taken.