Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 hours ago, ttfn said:

Don’t disagree with this but Rodgers has managed 125 PL games here and that Norwich game was 99 PL games ago.

People are pining after a style of play that was in place for at most 20% of his spell as manager.

That's so true. That run has proven to be the exception.

15 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

There's also another saying, your 1st game doesn't define your season

Yep, and a Leopard doesn't change its spots. The same Leopard has the same spots from last season. He learns nothing from his schoolboy mistakes. Most people were willing to give him the benefit due to last season's injuries. Well, he has already proved he is incapable of putting right his own mistakes and just repeats and repeats the same errors. He is not going to get any better and the longer he is here as manager the deeper we will get into regression. The owners now have to be as ruthless as they were with Ranieri.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yep, and a Leopard doesn't change its spots. The same Leopard has the same spots from last season. He learns nothing from his schoolboy mistakes. Most people were willing to give him the benefit due to last season's injuries. Well, he has already proved he is incapable of putting right his own mistakes and just repeats and repeats the same errors. He is not going to get any better and the longer he is here as manager the deeper we will get into regression. The owners now have to be as ruthless as they were with Ranieri.

Need a contingency plan if you intend to sack a Manager.Who are the alternatives and can the club even afford to pay Rodgers off ?

1 hour ago, Weller Wing said:

The day,when little Wes got injured and he moved Wilf to centre half ,when we had 2 centre half's on the bench.

We totally lost the midfield and Spurs just run through us.

Masterclass 😒

One centre back, a crocked Wes Morgan 

1 minute ago, Weller Wing said:

Big Dan,Fuchs and Hamza were on the bench.

Taking Wilf out of that midfield was beyond stupid

Didn’t notice Big Dan on the subs bench. All options were a risk and we seemed to do an adequate job until we went into brain fart mode collectively

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Keep see people on here predicting relegation because they think our squad is so poor lol

This is true lol

I think we appear to be in rough agreement on the quality of squad and position the club is in. The sooner you join me in the Rodgers out camp the happier you'll be :D haha

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

**** me! Can’t believe people think we could genuinely go down. We’re likely in for a mediocre mid-table season no doubt, but how much of a pessimist do you have to be to think we could genuinely get relegated.

Madness. We might not be performing to full potential but even then I think we're good enough to still challenge for Europe or finish 7th/8th. 

• Like 1

I think Rodgers will be gone by Christmas and possibly by next month.. I think he’s frustrated by the false “rebuild”, maybe that’s why he played just one sub against Brentford. we will not be doing any new business, and we will have to sell a few fringe players on the cheap etc. and maybe one of the stars. 

He’s a stubborn, inflexible manager with no plan B or C and I think the players are tired of his ways. To be honest it’s 3 and a bit seasons now, he’s done well but he’s not evolving or developing the team so much. If anything we’re regressing. Prem managers have a

shortish lifetime unless you’re Klopp or Guardiola and I think he’s done. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Madness. We might not be performing to full potential but even then I think we're good enough to still challenge for Europe or finish 7th/8th. 

Definitely. It may be mid table but that will be down to injuries. We have to stop conceding sloppy goals (defensively we didn't look too bad overall but still work to be done) but we have some very good individuals in that defence. Attacking wise, as much as we need a a couple of wingers we still have loads of quality players going forward who will bail us out as they did last year.

Depending on what happens with the rest of the window, 8th would be decent this year. Anything less than that would not reflect well on Rodgers but I've made peace with a 10th place finish even though it should be way better.

53 minutes ago, Sampson said:

**** me! Can’t believe people think we could genuinely go down. We’re likely in for a mediocre mid-table season no doubt, but how much of a pessimist do you have to be to think we could genuinely get relegated.

If we're in a serious battle they'll replace him, too. 

The most frustrating part of yesterday is that for an hour we actually had the control Rodgers loves to big up but rarely occurs- a good scoreline, good territory, players knocking the ball around with confidence, players supporting the attack. As I said in the post match thread, there was next to no complaining about slow build up from the crowd, no anxiety. Everyone seemed to be enjoying it on the pitch and in the stands.